• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

At this point last year we were 2-11

chillzatl

Why would he bet that the Hawks will lose? He wants them to win, just like we all do, but we are blowing games we shouldn't. Almost did again last night. This team could win 45-50 games with a very good coach. we probably will be in the 34-38 win total though. It's discouraging to watch the lack of in-game ability that Woodson dispays.

• Premium Member

Quote:

I'm just stating the obvious.

It may be obvious to you but not to me. Maybe you are talking about another obvious which is your negativity. Has to be it if you wouldn't be shocked that a 6-7 team would fall to 6-18 while getting 2 of their best player back during that strech.

The schedule is tough....that is what is "obvious". I'm not being negative towards the Hawks. I'm just saying that with this tough schedule, that we may have some rough games ahead of us. There's no negativity here, it's just me being a realist.

• Premium Member

Quote:

The schedule is tough....that is what is "obvious". I'm not being negative towards the Hawks. I'm just saying that with this tough schedule, that we may have some rough games ahead of us. There's no negativity here, it's just me being a realist.

So how is Portland, Seattle, Denver, Lakers, New York, Memphis, and Chicago much tougher than the teams we have already played? Only 2 of those teams are .500 or better.

• Moderators

Despite the 'easier' schedule we are playing a LOT better than we did last year. And this is without Marvin and also without Chill and Speedy for a lot of games.

I'm not always happy with the moves Woody makes but his teams have steadily improved. The fact that we can actually play some defense this year is a good sign. I'm ready to see more of Shelden and a little less of ZaZa.

Quote:

Are you suggesting that our up-coming schedule is easy?

People do this on this forum all the time. See, buckeye, when someone disagrees with you, it doesn't mean they believe the polar opposite of what you're saying.

Here's a scenario:

If I told you it was freezing cold outside when it was 55 degrees, and you said "No it's not", what if I replied with "Oh, so you think it's burning up?" See, there's a medium between freezing cold and burning up.

When you say we could go 0-11 in our next 11 because the schedule is so freaking tough, I can say that it's not that tough without meaning it's "easy". Maybe it's of average difficulty for an 11 game schedule. That's somewhere between really tough and easy.

• Premium Member

Quote:

People do this on this forum all the time. See, buckeye, when someone disagrees with you, it doesn't mean they believe the polar opposite of what you're saying.

I have said the exact same thing to at least three different posters on this board.

I don't think we're going to lose 11 straight, nor did I ever post that. My original post was just stating that it COULD happen because I think the schedule is rough in December. We COULD win 11 in a row. Now am going to be called out for being too optimistic?