• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

George Karl pwn's Isiah Thomas

chillzatl

• Admin

I can't link directly to the audio stream, but if you go to espn's nba section you'll see the link for Karl's comments on Isiah. He pretty much owns him.

Isiah should be ran out of the NBA. He has no business running a team in any capacity. To think there were people who wanted him in Atlanta years ago. Oddly enough, many of those wanted AI here too.

Isiah is the worst coach in the NBA by far and the worst GM ever in the NBA too. George Karl was right though in his comments. His team blew that huge lead against us in the 4th qtr. so I don't blame him for trying to get a big win and close it out on the road by keeping his starters in the game. Isiah is just a big baby and has single handedly RUINED that franchise with the worst FA signings, draft picks, and trades I've ever seen by a GM.

• Admin

I agree that he is the worst coach and definitetly the worst GM. However, it was a collarborative effort between him and Scott Laydon that ruined the Knicks. They both destroyed that team.

Neither of them understand the concept of finding chemistry players. That team is such a mess. I watched a game where he had 5 guards on the floor (4 of them were point guards).

• Premium Member

Quote:

and the worst GM ever

When you say worse GM ever, I think you have to consider what he did both at INDY and Toronto.

Toronto:

Camby, Stoudamire, Tmac, Vince.

Indy:

Harrington, O'Neal, Tinsley, Ron Artest (acquired) and Rose (acquired).

I don't think you can really say that is the work of a bad GM.

In fact, as much scrutiny as he gets in NY....

Eddy Curry is making him look smart.

But I think if you want to know the worst GM in NBA History, you go no further than Babcock... Rob, Layden.. Scott, and The guy in Cleveland who traded away all their first rounders for 4 years...

• Premium Member

Actually, I agree. He's very good at drafting. People talk smack about Rolando Balkman.. but before you criticize too hard, Zeke drafted David Lee, Nate Robinson, and others just as low. His trades needs some help, but like I said, Eddy Curry is making him look Smart.

Last night Curry had 29 points on 11-15 shooting.

• Moderators

Quote:

Actually, I agree. He's very good at drafting. People talk smack about Rolando Balkman.. but before you criticize too hard, Zeke drafted David Lee, Nate Robinson, and others just as low. His trades needs some help, but like I said, Eddy Curry is making him look Smart.

Last night Curry had 29 points on 11-15 shooting.

His track record on drafting talent is outstanding. I don't understand why his judgment on FAs is so much different.

Curry's play has been making him look better, although I still suspect that Chicago fans will be laughing about that trade when the draft comes and NY's pick is a top 5 selection for the second year in a row. That is just a whole lot to give up for a guy with a heart condition who is one year from leaving town. That guy had tremendous upside which is highly attractive to GMs but I think Thomas overbid by not lottery protecting those picks to some extent.