HawksFan87

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

This is a totally different team from the last few weeks. The ball movement on offense and aggressiveness could not be more different. Why don't we always move the ball like this?

Because they are scared of the Pistons. They are bringing it a little more. They see most teams as their equal and get lost "playing their game" as individuals.

Quote:

JJ is the MVP but what about JSmith? THAT is how you come back. That is how you play this game. I didn't know how much this guy meant to this team.

Exactly what I was going to say. He didn't score a lot, but we missed his energy, enthusiasm, effort, rebounding, shot blocking....

I mean, we looked like a different team tonight. (It didn't hurt that JJ went for 30 again on insanely high shooting)...but both Joshes were huge tonight.

Quote:

Smith is the enemy of the tank crowd for sure.

I never once wanted players to play poorly. In fact I 100% believe "tanking" is something management controls. We all just want to get rid of the unnecessary pieces (Lue), play rawest prospets more (SJ and Batista), play JJ less. I knew how much JS meant to this team. That's why last year I insisted we keep him over MW should we trade either of them. I-F we want to lose enough games to likely keep a top 3 pick, we'll HAVE to have managment step in and tie an hand behind this season's team's back. No doubt it's too talented to suck enough. It needs help to lose enough. That help must come from management.

I believe the owners are stupid enough to believe anything BK tells them. To save his job he d@mn sure tell them the importance of 'ehem Bobby Sura.

W

Quote:

When Smith or JJ misses a game the hawks play like dogs. When Zaza misses a game the hawks beat playoff teams like Denver and Detroit.

That's a good point. Did we even miss Zaza at all tonight? Solomon and Shelden and Smoove held it down on defense tonight better than Zaza ever could...and we didn't really miss his scoring either. Lo Wright still stinks, but he came up with a few plays tonight too. It's just one game, but it might be something to watch while Zaza is out.

• Premium Member

I don't want to get carried away here, but that's the kind of performance I would expect to see from a Scottie Pippen or Jason Kidd if you know what I mean. I haven't seen someone effect the game from opening tip to the closing buzzer without scoring a bunch of points in a long time. It takes a different kind of player to do that. I know it's just one game, but put me on the Smoove bandwagon. Better yet, I'll ride shotgun. grin.gif

Quote:

We all
just want to get rid of the unnecessary pieces (Lue), play rawest prospets more (SJ and Batista), play JJ less.

I think being President of the tank club has gone to your head.

Lue didn't play, JJ did play fewer minutes and SJ did play more. maybe your plan isn't so clever after all.

If you really want to tank you should consider my FOOLPROOF plan. Start Salim at the point and play him 35 minutes. Then the Hawks are a lock to tank.

Quote:

This is a totally different team from the last few weeks. The ball movement on offense and aggressiveness could not be more different. Why don't we always move the ball like this?

i think zaza has something to do with this. he disrupts any offensive flow (black hole) and only has energy for rebounding his own misses.