• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Guard Situation

Dragitoff

What is the prognosis on Lue and Claxton? I have only heard a few rumblings here and there saying they were both done for the season, but I've yet to read anything to confirm it (unless you take posts from this board as proof). If that is the case though, we almost have to go out and either sign a FA PG or make a trade for one. I don't see us going through the rest of the season with Ivey starting and Salim as the backup.

The proof that this team is being run on a shoestring budget is our guard situation. We played yesterday for the most part without a PG. No, JJ didn't play it much. We had Marvin, Chill, JJ, and even Smoove bringing it down most of the afternoon.

If we hadn't been playing the Celts second team we would have lost that game. You can't beat anyone without a PG...especially when we have our bigs covering their PG's...Allan Ray looked like Allen Ivserson.

With Lue and Speedy out you would think we would have brought in somebody but we just try to make do.

This team needs a real PG. Not a Grundy. A competitive NBA PG. This is a ridiculous situation and while other teams would find it unacceptable...we just keep using band aids. This situation will cost them plenty in the games ahead if they don't address it. But, if your the Spirit, what's a few more losses?

actually i would take the fact that we havent signed any other points as one of two things:

1- they're not out for the season and no reason to get another one if we have a 3 1/2 already.

2- they're trying to get a servicable one, but they don't grow on trees and it may be taking awhile to find one via trade or free agency.....

Quote:

actually i would take the fact that we havent signed any other points as one of two things:

1- they're not out for the season and no reason to get another one if we have a 3 1/2 already.

2- they're trying to get a servicable one, but they don't grow on trees and it may be taking awhile to find one via trade or free agency.....

3- We're tanking.

Quote:

Quote:

3- We're tanking.

4 - Another salary added will be paid from BK's paycheck.

5 - We're on autopilot.

6 - Revolutionary BK's next vision is to eliminate the PG position.

7 - The owners and management have decided to spend more time with their families java script:void(0)

wink.gifwink.gif.

8 - The other 29 teams have pictures of BK doing taboo stuffs.

Didn't the Sonics cut Mike Wilks. He is a quick pg who can play D vs. the quicker guards. Hawks just can't let guys like Allen Ray torch them. Wilks moves the ball well too.

He is by no means a savior but he would help. He is much quicker then Ivey.

He would alo come at a minimum price. Heck he would even sign a 10 day contract like he did with us a few years back.

Here is what I was talking about. I asked a question and didn't want everyone's opinion on it. I simply wanted to know if there was any legitimacy on Lue and Claxton's injury length? Has there been any "PRESS RELEASES" or statements to the media about how long they might be out for? I didn't need Johnboy and Jethro's opinion on why there is a conspiracy between George W., Billy Knight, Mike Woodson and Satan to tank the season so the Hawks might have a chance to land Greg Friggin Oden.

Quote:

Here is what I was talking about. I asked a question and didn't want everyone's opinion on it. I simply wanted to know if there was any legitimacy on Lue and Claxton's injury length? Has there been any "PRESS RELEASES" or statements to the media about how long they might be out for? I didn't need Johnboy and Jethro's opinion on why there is a conspiracy between George W., Billy Knight, Mike Woodson and Satan to tank the season so the Hawks might have a chance to land Greg Friggin Oden.

Sekou hinted today that a big bad announcement is coming up on Speedy this afternoon.

Groin injuries are not long term things and rest is the only remedy. So, Lue will be back soon. If he comes back too early he'll reinjure it. If he comes back after he heals 100%, its as good as new.

• Premium Member

I can't find many problems in Ivey's game. I know we dog him a lot, but this guy isn't bad. He hits shots, he handles the ball well and doesn't turn it over. He's a good defender.

I think if you give him 14-20 mpg and play Chillz at the PG the rest of the time, we will do just fine...

Quote:

I can't find many problems in Ivey's game. I know we dog him a lot, but this guy isn't bad. He hits shots, he handles the ball well and doesn't turn it over. He's a good defender.

I think if you give him 14-20 mpg and play Chillz at the PG the rest of the time, we will do just fine...

I agree. RI had three big shots yesterday and is better than average defensively. Give the NY Point more time.

Quote:

When did you realize the Speedy signing was worthless? I've though all along that Ivey can play. He doesn't play street ball. That's why he hasn't made a splash for us. Royal would be great for someone like Utah.

Quote:

The proof that this team is being run on a shoestring budget is our guard situation. We played yesterday for the most part without a PG. No, JJ didn't play it much. We had Marvin, Chill, JJ, and even Smoove bringing it down most of the afternoon.

If we hadn't been playing the Celts second team we would have lost that game. You can't beat anyone without a PG...especially when we have our bigs covering their PG's...Allan Ray looked like Allen Ivserson.

With Lue and Speedy out you would think we would have brought in somebody but we just try to make do.

This team needs a real PG. Not a Grundy. A competitive NBA PG. This is a ridiculous situation and while other teams would find it unacceptable...we just keep using band aids. This situation will cost them plenty in the games ahead if they don't address it. But, if your the Spirit, what's a few more losses?

They signed Speedy! confused.gif Do you really want them to sign another point?

Quote:

I agree about Ivey. He has earned more minutes than he gets. Get his confidence and comfort level in crunch time up he could be a lot better than what we are doing now.

I think Ivey (never thought I'd say this) does as well as anyone on the team given the talent he has. He's improved, recognizes his abilities and does what the team needs him to do.

• Premium Member

Actually Troy,

I don't think the Speedy signing is worthless... In fact, I think a healthy Speedy is the right guy for the job. He's the first guy since Mookie who could possibly get us at least 8 assists per game and play top notch defense.

However, while he is out, I say let's develop Ivey and see if we can increase his trade value and let's develop Chillz because he is healthier than all of our guards and good things happen with him on the floor.