• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Vick

D.R.P.

Atlanta Falcons quarterback Michael Vick was not carrying marijuana or another illegal substance at the Miami airport and will be exonerated, league sources told ESPN's Chris Mortensen on Sunday.

On Wednesday, Vick surrendered a water bottle to security at Miami International Airport that authorities believed smelled like marijuana and contained a substance in a hidden compartment. Vick was not arrested and was allowed to board his flight to Atlanta.

Miami police had said it could take weeks to decide whether charges would be filed against Vick, a three-time Pro-Bowler.

A Falcons team source confirmed that the team expects to hear something formal by Monday.

What happened to innocent until proven guilty its funny how everybody jumped to the conclusions that Vick had some weed just because someone thought they smelled weed. This seems to be a problem we have here in the U.S. "to convict someone before that person has been found guilty of something".

Blame it all on the law enforcement people.

It was all their fault that Vick had a water bottle

with a false bottom that he refused to get rid of

when asked to do so.

Why did he have the bottle? Why didn't he quietly

dispose of the bottle when he was first asked to do so?

A publicity stunt? If so, it backfired.

"I am above the law" attitude? When first told that he

wouldn't be allowed to keep the bottle, was his attitude,

"But I'm M.V. and this shouldn't apply to me."

Perhaps he IS innocent. Maybe what was in the false

bottom was really nothing. But why did he deliberately

call all that attention to the bottle?? And, why DID

it smell funny??

Vick was sued for giving a girlfriend a sexually

transmitted disease. He settled out of court.

Guilty or innocent? Whey did he pay off?

Then, the famous finger. Couldn't deny that one. It

was caught on camera for everyone to see.

In the final game against Carolina in 2005, Vick said

he didn't give it his all, that he quit on the team.

Yes, when there's smoke, sometimes there is a fire.

And, when there's a lot of smoke, as in the life of

M. Vick, we know at least some of the things that

are on his record are true. He can't deny what the

cameras caught. He was the one who said he laid down

against Carolina.

• Admin

I'm with you Gray. People act like this excuses him from being a complete retard. Like I said in the other thread, regardless of what was in the bottle, they weren't going to pin it on him and I still don't necessarily buy that there wasn't anything in the bottle. If it was an empty $20 fake water bottle, why make such a stink about throwing it away? Why would his coach, GM and owner have such a heated meeting with him if it was empty? Smells fishy to me. But again, I could care less if Mike is smoking. Just don't be stupid about it.

Quote:

What happened to innocent until proven guilty its funny how everybody jumped to the conclusions that Vick had some weed just because someone thought they smelled weed. This seems to be a problem we have here in the U.S. "to convict someone before that person has been found guilty of something".

"Innocent until proven guilty" only applies to the courts. As private citizens we are allowed to hold any view we want. I, for one, believed from the start that OJ did it, and I still continue to believe that!

Quote:

what's the guy doing with that water bottle?

if you've got something to hide i have to question your maturity level.

I guess you've never traveled somewhere and bought something that you wanted to bring back and show to people. What makes you think Vick bought the bottle just to hide something in it. Vick probaly bought the bottle at a market in Miami where their a popular item. You should have seen a report that was on CNN about the bottle, they are not as exclusive as you might think. The bottles have become really popular in Miami you can buy 1 for $20 or 2 for $35.

Quote:

Quote:

what's the guy doing with that water bottle?

if you've got something to hide i have to question your maturity level.

I guess you've never traveled somewhere and bought something that you wanted to bring back and show to people. What makes you think Vick bought the bottle just to hide something in it. Vick probaly bought the bottle at a market in Miami where their a popular item. You should have seen a report that was on CNN about the bottle, they are not as exclusive as you might think. The bottles have become really popular in Miami you can buy 1 for $20 or 2 for $35.

maybe that's what happened. in fact that is probably the best we can all hope for.

Ben Maller over at Foxsports.com is reporting the Raiders are preparing a proposal to acquire Vick and the Falcons 1st round pick (10th overall). According to him, they are prepared to send Moss, Porter and the top overall pick for Vick and the Falcons pick.

Quote:

Ben Maller over at Foxsports.com is reporting the Raiders are preparing a proposal to acquire Vick and the Falcons 1st round pick (10th overall). According to him, they are prepared to send Moss, Porter and the top overall pick for Vick and the Falcons pick.

the Falcons would take a 22 million dollar cap hit if they traded Vick due to his bonuses accelerating.

for those of you whom are unfamiliar with the NFL's cap that means the falcons will have 22 million in dead money sitting there that they can't use.

compound this with the fact they'll have to pay a 25 million dollar bonus on a 55 million contract to the top pick. compound this with Moss's cap hit which is approximately 9 million this season.

is anyone following me?

Arthur Blank and Rich McKay have publically stated NUMEROUS times that they would never acquire Moss or TO.

Both wanted to come here when they were on the market, we could have had them for cheap (in terms of what we'd have to trade for them) if we wanted them.

Quote:

In the final game against Carolina in 2005, Vick said

he didn't give it his all, that he quit on the team.

Yes, when there's smoke, sometimes there is a fire.

And, when there's a lot of smoke, as in the life of

M. Vick, we know at least some of the things that

are on his record are true. He can't deny what the

cameras caught. He was the one who said he laid down

against Carolina.

He never said he QUIT on the team, he just said he wasn't up for it and couldn't give it his all because we were already out of the playoffs, that game was completely irrelavant. All the tankers on this forum would agree with what he did..

• Moderators

Quote:

but Vick was still stupid to have the thing in his possession.

that's what's being lost on the BestBuy crowd.

Personally, I think what is making the situation linger is that Vick has never publically said he didn't have drugs on him or that he didn't do anything wrong. That is a PR problem when the perception is to the contrary in the media.