• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Why are the Hawks a better team on the road?

Swatguy

• Premium Member

That's a big statement. I still wonder if JJ's talk to Chris Paul sticks in his craw like it does mine!!!

I think JJ realizes that on the free agent front, it's going to be difficult to get a high calibre free agent because of the team and the way free agency normally works.

oUR TEAM needs a strong vet.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Hidden in the article are interesting comments from JJ. He says "we aren't built to be an elite team. We've had all these chances."

Could that be a slap at BK?

That was the Biggie quote , and I like BK. Speedy has been a biggie miss moreso than any other particular personel effort. Marvin at 20 is still undetermined. BK gambled on Speedy and it has quietly blown up. This is outside of the question though. Away from home is more comfortable where expectations are not "in their face". The travel bond is evident.

I believe BK and Woody may serve the team better by somehow isolating the environs at home for the remainder of the season. I propose a "bunker mentality", an "us verses them" posture for the remainder.

• Premium Member

I know his Inj History is bad.

I know that he has been injured to start this season.

BUT.. i saw good play out of him when he was healthy. Actually, if he can come back from injury, I don't think we'd be crying for a PG anymore. This guy defends the PG well and he can get about 6-8 apg with our team.

I swear, the more articles I read by Sekou, the less I like him and respect him as a writer.

He seems to be some little 20 year old geeky kid who knows very little about basketball. However, he loves to give his worthless opinion. Most articles he talks about TV shows and other BS.

Seems like he should be a writer for Sports Illustrated for Kids or something.

It must be really hard for the AJC to find a beat writer for the Hawks. Sekou must be the only guy who would do tongue.gif the job or he is doing it for free.

Whenever I read anything from him it seems as if I'm talking to a 15 year old.

This coming from a guy who thinks we're gonna make the playoffs every year, who thinks Salim and Zaza are starter quality NBA players. Please.

Being a crappy team doesn't change the fact that we have one of the best beat writers and one of the best PA guys in the league.

Quote:

I swear, the more articles I read by Sekou, the less I like him and respect him as a writer.

He seems to be some little 20 year old geeky kid who knows very little about basketball. However, he loves to give his worthless opinion. Most articles he talks about TV shows and other BS.

Seems like he should be a writer for Sports Illustrated for Kids or something.

It must be really hard for the AJC to find a beat writer for the Hawks. Sekou must be the only guy who would do
tongue.gif
the job or he is doing it for free.

Whenever I read anything from him it seems as if I'm talking to a 15 year old.

Sekou the writer, asked a very good question and posed to several Key players and the Head Coach. He also opined his conclusion. What is child=like in his approach and content? Please do tell of what it is to qualify your attack on Sekou? We are fortunate to have a beat writer as good as he. Sekou gives an insight inside aside of the speculation of a message board. Sekou gives something each day. He is very good.

Maybe you really don't know what a beat writer does.

Quote:

BUT.. i saw good play out of him when he was healthy. Actually, if he can come back from injury, I don't think we'd be crying for a PG anymore. This guy defends the PG well and he can get about 6-8 apg with our team.

Speedy has had some very good games. The guy has an uncanny gift in getting his hands on the ball often. Defensively he is pesky and what you want. His jumper started coming around the 3-4 games before he went on the injury list. We just need him healthy.

In fact Speedy has been as effective as Chris(Hasn't played since 12-26) Paul this season. chew on that.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

Speedy has had some very good games. The guy has an uncanny gift in getting his hands on the ball often. Defensively he is pesky and what you want. His jumper started coming around the 3-4 games before he went on the injury list. We just need him healthy.

In fact Speedy has been as effective as Chris(Hasn't played since 12-26) Paul this season. chew on that.

I'm trying to wrap my mind around this. Are you saying that you would rather have Speedy than Paul? And are you pointing out Paul's injury history when our PG can't play three games in a row? Hmmmmmmmmmmm.

Quote:

I'm trying to wrap my mind around this. Are you saying that you would rather have Speedy than Paul? And are you pointing out Paul's injury history when our PG can't play three games in a row? Hmmmmmmmmmmm.

No not at all. What I'm saying is that, injuries happen. Injuries make drafts and trades alike as bad. If Paul does not come back as good as he was, then the Paul draft was a failure. Simple as that.

Besides of the if and or, the fact is Paul is as useless as Speedy, today.

Quote:

It seems you expect and know what the end is

I expect and know what the end most likely is. This team is not talented enough to contend, does not have the right pieces at the right places with which to contend, does not have the ownership through which to significantly improve the team, by the time the ownership situation is resolved our cap space will be spoken for, and impact FAs are not apt to leave their teams much less come here amidst or soon following this chaos. What about that do you not agree with and specifically, exactly why?

Quote:

You rend success/support for failure and yet you express to be fan-like.

Quit it with your George Dubbya Bush "unpatriotic fan" bullshit! I want success for this franchise and damn you for suggesting otherwise you fascist. Yeah, that's right you franchise failing fascist. Just thought I'd ramp up the bullshit rhetoric.

Quote:

Your output is doom and failure ("...(hopefully upgrades and not just changes, but that becomes more and more difficult as time passes) for 2-3 years.")

It's reality sad to say that we are a very poor team without much capitol of worth and without much in the way of ownership. You can call me whatever you want but I've been 100% right about this team, MW, SW, Woody, and BK. When have you ever been right?!? It takes individuals who really care about this franchise (more rhetoric, like that don't you?) to see it for what it is and want to change it. It's an absolute mess. A disaster. Might be the worst in professional sports. Our title contention prospects are not much better. This franchise needs a jolt, a top 3 pick perhaps. What this franchise does not need are individuals that fail to acknowledge it's dire condition. That would include you. It has far too many of them already within the organization.

Quote:

So what is lame is to purport support as you tear down the fabric of the organization.

How am I tearing down the fabric of anything? I'm calling it as I see it and you don't demonstrate how I am wrong or have been wrong...you only call me names and doom and gloom this. I hate it too but that is the condition of this franchise. Face it!

W

Quote:

Quote:

Quit it with your George Dubbya Bush "unpatriotic fan" bullshit! I want success for this franchise and damn you for suggesting otherwise you fascist. Yeah, that's right you franchise failing fascist. Just thought I'd ramp up the bullshit rhetoric.

W

grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Ha Ha Ha

I had to lookup Fascist to see if I am one. I'd like to look into that crystal ball you have to see what is instore for this organization myself.

I just kinda hope for the best and Enjoy the moment. In fact, nah I dont want to see your crystal, "know it alls" are so boring.

By the way, I don't believe I qualify as a Fascist. laugh.giflaugh.gif

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

W

grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Ha Ha Ha

I had to lookup Fascist to see if I am one. I'd like to look into that crystal ball you have to see what is instore for this organization myself.

I just kinda hope for the best and Enjoy the moment. In fact, nah I dont want to see your crystal, "know it alls" are so boring.

By the way, I don't believe I qualify as a Fascist. laugh.giflaugh.gif

Walter knows you aren't a fascist and is calling you one to make a point other than that he believes you are. The point he is making is that he is a real fan of the Hawks and that suggesting he isn't a real fan or is somehow unpatriotic, etc. is akin to him calling you a Fascist. There is no basis in reality for it, and that kind of name calling merely obscures the real issues being debated with this team.

Quote:

I like Sekou and hope he stays in Atlanta for a while.

I could not agree less. He is a hack. Sorry, but if I want those kind of fluff pieces, I'll read an in-flight magazine. The problem with guys like Sekou is they have no desire to attain a job beyond the one they have. He is perfectly happy cashing a check and traveling to watch basketball. His articles are a total joke. Seriously, Fox News rips Bush more than Sekou does the Hawks. There is a mountain of garbage involved with this "organization", if you can call it that. He chooses to write "positive" articles. That is no my kid on the court. Tell it to me straight Sekou! He has been here years and he doesn't care about the losing. If you say he does, you can't read. He does nothing but facilitate. He helps the ASG keep the herd in a haze of confusion. He could be riling the masses.

We suck everywhere because our coach sucks everywhere.

Joe was talking a little about this today in the Ajc. He said they come out flat against teams they think they are suppossed to beat.(they actually have enough nerve to think that they are suppossed to win?!) Against better teams they concentrate more.

Sound like coaching to anyone?

Quote:

Quote:

I like Sekou and hope he stays in Atlanta for a while.

I could not agree less. He is a hack. Sorry, but if I want those kind of fluff pieces, I'll read an in-flight magazine. The problem with guys like Sekou is they have no desire to attain a job beyond the one they have. He is perfectly happy cashing a check and traveling to watch basketball. His articles are a total joke. Seriously, Fox News rips Bush more than Sekou does the Hawks. There is a mountain of garbage involved with this "organization", if you can call it that. He chooses to write "positive" articles. That is no my kid on the court. Tell it to me straight Sekou! He has been here years and he doesn't care about the losing. If you say he does, you can't read. He does nothing but facilitate. He helps the ASG keep the herd in a haze of confusion. He could be riling the masses.

We suck everywhere because our coach sucks everywhere.

Joe was talking a little about this today in the Ajc. He said they come out flat against teams they think they are suppossed to beat.(they actually have enough nerve to think that they are suppossed to win?!) Against better teams they concentrate more.

Sound like coaching to anyone?

You have a problem understanding the responsibilities of a "beat writer". A beat writer is the writer that tags around the team. Goes to practice, to games, travels away and such. In this tagging the writer conveys information of understanding for the readers. The writer translates the not so known or understandings of the goings and comings. He observes and he reports. There is not such latitude of speculation and opinion. That would be the Column writers.

The column writers have the wide latitude in the opinions of his subject. Columnist can embellish, exagerate and flatout decieve to interest the reader.

It seems very difficult for you understand these facts. Learn about this subject before assasinating the good work and character of a Sekou Smith(beat writer), Geez.

Quote:

LMAO this is so funny, I seriously laughed for like 5 minutes after reading that.