• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Since the Hawks are playing better . . .

Packfill

The Hawks are finally playing better. This can be attributed mostly to finally being healthy. Speedy is still out but given his career you can't really count on him anyway.

So this raises the question: The Hawks may improve but they still don't have the personnel to really compete in the playoffs. Big holes remain at the starting center and point guard positions. How do the Hawks fill these positions assuming they lose their pick this year to the Suns?

The Indy pick may help but that would just add more youth. The Hawks need veterans. Does anyone think the Hawks front office will even be able to make the necessary moves to complete the roster this off-season?

• Premium Member

I actually think that we have many of the pieces we need. I say we put Shelden and Soloman in a big man camp for starters. I think it would do Solomon a lot of good to put on about 20-25 lbs of muscle.

I really don't think we need the Pacer draft pick so much. If we can get Hibbert, I would take him. Otherwise, I would try to use it to trade for a young vet. I would definitely see is Seattle would part with Robert Swift or Petro.

I would also take a look at Joe Smith in FAcy.

But for us, the key is that we have good players, we need maturity and time to gel.

• Premium Member

No, I'm not becoming a Luebuttkisser, but I do recognize that Lue is an important part of the offense because he can actaully hit a shot!

My thought is that Lue will be a wonderful backup (change of pace)... But I would rather have Speedy starting games off. Speedy needs another nickname. I say "Speedy Sticky fingers".

Once we get SpeedyStickeyFingers back... I think our game plan will be simple. Build a lead. Then let Lue and JJ play 3 point barrage and ruin the opponents confidence like they did last night.

Everybody associated with Orlando was sad last night.

Quote:

No, I'm not becoming a Luebuttkisser, but I do recognize that Lue is an important part of the offense because he can actaully hit a shot!

My thought is that Lue will be a wonderful backup (change of pace)... But I would rather have Speedy starting games off. Speedy needs another nickname. I say "Speedy Sticky fingers".

Once we get SpeedyStickeyFingers back... I think our game plan will be simple. Build a lead. Then let Lue and JJ play 3 point barrage and ruin the opponents confidence like they did last night.

Speedy Sticky Fingers is a terrible, terrible nickname smile.gif He does have the misfortune of his nickname already being his given name?

A lot of people arguably associated with the Hawks were sad as well last night!

Quote:

Quote:

Speedy Sticky Fingers is a terrible, terrible nickname smile.gif He does have the misfortune of his nickname already being his given name?

A lot of people arguably associated with the Hawks were sad as well last night!

people associated with this board, not necessarily with the Hawks if you take that literally.

nobody likes losing, epsecially if you are guy actually doing the losing.

Craig is a pretty solid player when he's on the floor. the big issue with the Hawks is shooting. they have 0 inside presence so if Joe is shooting 40% they are going to lose. that's a terrible burden to carry each and every game.

I do recognize that Lue is an important part of the offense because he can actaully hit a shot!

I think our game plan will be simple. Build a lead. Then let Lue and JJ play 3 point barrage and ruin the opponents confidence like they did last night.

I say we call him "Speedy Recovery" Claxton. His health is going to be problematic probably for the rest of his career.

Count me as an unabashed Lue fan. When we got him from Houston for Barry I thought we may have been shorted out (no pun intended), but I have grown to appreciate him for his leadership, giving up his body for the hardfouls in some really physical mismatches. His body will not be able to take much more at this point in his career. Zaza's hard foul flopping is laughable.

I think he is JJ's best complement, on the team, in a 2 man game of getting open and "hitting the shots".