• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Joe Johnson not in the All-Star Game

WraithSentinel

This kid does sound like a jilted lover. It's not really the Hawks he hates; it's the fact that his man-crush for JJ was betrayed when he left the Suns! It all makes sense now.

Phx_Suns, I recommend therapy for this sort of thing.

• Admin

I like that neither JJ nor the two William's were picked for the all star game / rookie sophomore game.

They all deserve to be there but not getting picked will accomplish two things: It will give the guys extra rest and also they will play with a chip on their shoulder the rest of the season. Smith seemed to take that attitude last year after not getting to play in the Rookie game and his play the second half of the season was tremendous.

I also like the fact that u don't have to worry about anyone getting hurt in one of these all star games.

Quote:

This kid does sound like a jilted lover. It's not really the Hawks he hates; it's the fact that his man-crush for JJ was betrayed when he left the Suns! It all makes sense now.

Moderators, please change it to "man crush on JJ" permanently, and take his rights away from changing it.

Quote:

Quote:

Moderators, please change it to "man crush on JJ" permanently, and take his rights away from changing it.

"If the little lady got her feelings hurt well then so be it!"

i think it's great people are still stewing over Joe leaving Pheonix 2 years later. it shows how much they hate the fact he wanted to come here.

the best thing about this situation to me is that Joe might not even be our best player this time next year........

oh dear, did he just say that?

let's start it right now..... J Smoove and Joe Johnson 2008 NBA All-Stars!

What I wanna know how the hell does a losing team like the New Jersey Nets send two freaking player to the game. Vince Carter has gotten in so many years when hes been hurt played bad etc etc. The guy is a loser hes never won anything in his life but yet he belongs in the Game? Get out of here with this crap im so sick of this guy. The biggest travesty to me is how the Nets a team with a losing record sends two reps. and the Hawks who clearly have a great player in Joe Johnson send no one. Rip Hamilton has been great all year having a career year but CHauncey Billups numbers are down and he was out for a while he doesnt belong there IMO. This is a clear sign the NBA and many around the league dont give the Hawks any credit you can say we have a losing record but so do the freaking Nets and they send two guys. Ill say ok to KIDD hes having a great year but hell if Vince who has gotten in so many times by the freaking fans gets in so does Joe. Screw the Nets and I hope we can kick there freaking azzes on Sunday and Joe torches Vince for 50. GO HAWKS everyone in the NBA better be ready Hawks are ready to FLY we going sky Baby straight into the Playoffs.

There are 14 coaches,excluding their own, that can vote for a reserve.

1. Isiah is on the record saying he voted for all the pistons because he is biased.

2. Toronto GM was Suns GM who had to give up JJ to us. He told his coach to vote for others.

3. NJ coach voted for non competitors and not JJ to make sure their own 2 guards don't get ousted by JJ.

4. Pistons coach voted for non competitors and not JJ to make sure their own 2 guards don't get ousted by JJ.

JJ started with 10 coaches at the most. While the others started with 13 (NJ didn't get Pistons and Pistons didn't get NJ. But Pistons had NY in their vote bank).

Having Iverson, Pierce and Redd out was great but, it made his competitors' coach's zero in on him.

After seeing JJ get slighted for the All-Star game and others for the Rookie Challenge teams. I was wondering how we have done historically but couldn’t find a good list of all-star game and rookie game rosters. But I did look at the last 25 years on the NBA history website and noticed the following: :

In the last 25 years:

All-NBA team:

First Team - no Hawks

Second Team – Dominique and Mutombo

All Rookie Team:

First Team - Augmon

Second Team - Marvin, Josh S., Josh C., J. Terry, Dominique

All Defensive Team:

First Team – Mutombo (3 times), Mookie (2 times), Rollins, Roundfield

Second Team – Mutombo, Mookie (4 times), Roundfield

Individuals:

MVP – no Hawks

ROY – no Hawks

Defensive Player of the Year: Mutombo (3 times)

Most Improved Player: Henderson (?!)

6th Man – no Hawks

Coach of the year: Lenny and Fratello

Over 25 years, that is not a very impressive list. On the other hand, we’ve probably had more than our share of dunk contest winners – maybe that makes up for it.

crazy.gif

• Premium Member

Quote:

ain't gonna happen. Shaq is going to show if he's not injured.

this should come as a wakeup call to everyone on the board. no Marvin Williams or Shelden Williams in the Soph/Rookie game. No Joe Johnson in the All-star game. don't blame it on the media.

respect, and more importantly esteem is earned.

Agree 110%. Now you yahoos that want the hawks to tank need to shut up, because this is what you get.

I am so disgusted with this organization it's laughable.

What a joke!

• Moderators

Quote:

I agree with most of your post STF...there is one guy...one futhermucking guy...on our team that cares about winning...his name is Josh Smith.

(put in JC too)

What the hell?

JJ gets beaten by multiple players every night yet players at an All-Star level and gives it his all and he doesn't care about winning???!??!

Give me a break. (There are others who care, too, this is just an egregious example).

I understand being frustrated with this team, most of us are, but that is taking it too far to suggest guys like JJ, Chills, etc. don't care.

Caron Butler does not deserve to be on that list. He earned his spot. 20/8/4 and a large part of leading his team to the best record in his conference.

Rip and especially Vince are the ones that robbed JJ. Vince got in based on his history as a player and reputation, not anything he's done this year.

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

ain't gonna happen. Shaq is going to show if he's not injured.

this should come as a wakeup call to everyone on the board. no Marvin Williams or Shelden Williams in the Soph/Rookie game. No Joe Johnson in the All-star game. don't blame it on the media.

respect, and more importantly esteem is earned.

Agree 110%. Now you yahoos that want the hawks to tank need to shut up, because this is what you get.

I am so disgusted with this organization it's laughable.

What a joke!

I agree with this to a point but when Hawks players make the All-NBA rookie squad at season's end which is more exclusive than the All-Star rookie squad and yet don't make the All-Star team and it happens multiple times, I don't see how you can deny the fact that there is a reverse halo effect for the All-Star weekend with the Hawks players.

JJ got screwed, but I do agree with the people who are saying he doesn't have a big complaint in light of the fact that we have not been respectable over the last few years. So it sucks and it is not right, but the Hawks need to show improvement before that kind of fair shake is going to come.

Quote:

Lol when did Hindu win Most Improved Player?

Most Improved Player

2005-06 - Boris Diaw, Phoenix

2004-05 - Bobby Simmons, Los Angeles Clippers

2003-04 - Zach Randolph, Portland

2002-03 - Gilbert Arenas, Golden State

2001-02 - Jermaine O'Neal, Indiana

2000-01 - Tracy McGrady, Orlando

1999-00 - Jalen Rose, Indiana

1998-99 - Darrell Armstrong, Orlando

1997-98 - Alan Henderson, Atlanta