• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Sports Illustrated's plan to save the Hawks (from

DrReality

• Premium Member

I am assuming its meant as an insult. The short version of my username has always been shortened to "Soth" or "Sothy" and the only person to ever use RON is Diesel when he's disagreeing with me. If he wants to call me that, ok then, but I don't think its necessary to lob childish insults at posters to make a point.

Quote:

I am assuming its meant as an insult. The short version of my username has always been shortened to "Soth" or "Sothy" and the only person to ever use RON is Diesel when he's disagreeing with me. If he wants to call me that, ok then, but I don't think its necessary to lob childish insults at posters to make a point.

Where does your name come from? Is it something from a Tolkien book?

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

Where does your name come from? Is it something from a Tolkien book?

You know there was a time say back in 1997 when I first got on the 'net that no one ever knew where Sothron came from. Then came the LOTR movies and now the astute ones know where it came from. wink.gif Yes, it is a Tolkien reference from someone who had been a Tolkien fan since he was a small boy many years ago.

Ok I keep forgetting. The Pacers pick is protected up to what pick?

Anyways, I'd love to have Tyler Hansborough if he came out. He's def better than Pachulia. We would all of a sudden have depth down low with the ability to rotate Hansborough, Pachulia, Shelden, Smoove, and Solomon.

Unfortunately Hansborough might not fall that far because he's got to be one of the top 7 footers out there.

Quote:

How would Stern react if he knew we were losing on purpose??

Haha, there have been some laughable posts here, but this one is my absolute favorite! F-ing priceless ladies.

Oh, and Diesel, please tell us you don't really want Dalembert or Swift. Dally was the 26th pick overall in '01, BTW. I think we could certainly do better @ 19.

Ole Rob's line this season shows that he's a world-beater.

6.4 & 5.6 w/ 1.19 blks in 21 mpg. Sizzling.

Less of course you meant you wanted Stro'

A+ for that plan.

• Premium Member

If we would have lost those 4 games with Sura and still ended up where we were in the draft lottery... THEN WHAT??

Who do you blame for ruining the tank and thus ruining the franchise?

The point is that there are no guarantees!

I'm sure PTL felt as though they would be picking first or Second last year. NO Way 4th... GUESS WHAT!!! No Guarantees!

• Premium Member

I do want Dalembert. I was thinking about giving up Slim and Lo for him... and taking on his massive contract.

No Doubt.

I have always liked Dalembert. Even when he was at Seton Hall with Eddie Griffin...

I'd trade Salim for Griff too... Just to see if he could hold it together long nuff to put together a good season!

Quote:

That was last years stats, when he was 20 years old in his second season in the NBA.

True, I stand corrected. I don't really have a poor opinion of Swift, I was just being an @ss. I remember several sources chiming that Swift was ready to make a jump prior to the injury, we'll have to see how he develops.

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

Unfortunately Hansborough might not fall that far because he's got to be one of the top 7 footers out there.

he's only 6'9", he'll be a solid nba PF, but he's not gonna be able to play much time at the 5

Yep. If Hansborough was a 7 footer, he would be a top 3 pick.

Quote:

If we would have lost those 4 games with Sura and still ended up where we were in the draft lottery... THEN WHAT??

Who do you blame for ruining the tank and thus ruining the franchise?

But you do blame them when they make you roll with only 1 die.

Diesel, your are plain stupid to think that had we tanked well with Sura that we'd "blame" anyone. We wouldn't even remember Bobby Sura if we'd tanked well. Does anyone remember who help Cleveland tank? However, if Cleveland had played themselves into the 3rd worst record and 4th pick you GD well know someone on that team would be remembered for d@mning the franchise and would have been a franchise pariah.

The reason we remember Bobby Sura AT ALL is because he was bringing in triple doubles and costing the team it's franchise player.

W

• Premium Member

That year, we won 28 games. 4 games was not going to make up the difference on Orlando. We would have still not gotten Howard. 4 games would have not made up the difference on Chicago either. At best, we could have been the third worse team... And that would have still put us in 4th place in the draft.

Right now, I'd take Chillz over Shaun Livingston.

Quote:

Again Walter, you don't take into considerations the ramifications of tanking... ON THE TEAM.

I take into consideration the ramifications of not tanking on the franshise.

Quote:

Just like you were so sure trading Smitty for JR Rider was "the right thing to do"....

I saw both trading for JR and keeping Smitty as evils. Smitty was cooked and JR was crooked. I assumed take a chance on JR and if it didn't work out blow the team up. It didn't work, we know Smitty wouldn't have worked, unfortunately we waited 4 years to blow it up. Now THAT was a mistake.

Quote:

You're on the wrong side of History again.[/qote]

I don't think there was a right side of history in that instance. Perhaps the only right side would have been to trade Smitty for whatever pick you could get and simply tank then and there. I don't recall anyone suggesting that. It's was either stick with Smitty (who never did anything after leaving us) or take a chance øn JR (who was radioactive). If I had it to do again, I'd have gutted the team and ran a bare bones season.

Quote:

Our team is made up of guys who don't quit. Now you want to force them to quit??? That's a dumb plan.

[/indent]

Diesel, take your rhetoric and go whipe your ass with it. You don't have a plan. You won't back up ANY aspect of it. Not one, single aspect of it. Neither avenue for this franchise is ideal much less fool-proof, but I'll stand behind mine. 'Nuff said.

W