• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

#7 On NBA's Least Improved - Boris Diaw

AHF

• Moderators

This is from John Hollinger's ESPN column:

Quote:

Boris Diaw, Phoenix

Diaw showed up in preseason out of shape and got off to a slow start, but even with improved conditioning he's not making the same impact he did a year ago. Per 40 minutes, he's down 2.6 points and 2.2 rebounds from last season, but making 0.2 more turnovers.

His blocks and steals are way down, too, a sign that perhaps his fitness level remains less than optimal. It's easy to say now that perhaps he was playing over his head in 2005-06, but I'm sure the Suns would have liked that information before signing him to a five-year, $45 million extension.

Some of us on the Squawk could have said told Phoenix he was playing over his head last year! That said, he is still a productive role player for Phoenix - albeit a $9M/per role player.

Quote:

His blocks and steals are way down, too, a sign that perhaps his fitness level remains less than optimal. It's easy to say now that perhaps he was playing over his head in 2005-06, but I'm sure the Suns would have liked that information before signing him to a five-year, $45 million extension.

HENDU IS BACK !!!!!

• Admin

I think he is more suited to a PF/C position then the SF position he has been playing.

His numbers are going to be down with Amare stepping in and playing the way he has been playing.

He fits a role for the Suns like Luke Walton has done for the Lakers (getting others involved, playing d and look for your points later) and has done a good job of it.

He is and was always a role player. Although an effective one. He just had to play a bigger role last year.

The Suns are winning so obviously he is helping not hurting the team.

Quote:

Hendu was the worst signing in our sad history. Just think, Babcock wanted to sign-and-trade for Austin Croshere, a similar half-season-wonder.

I think you are wrong. Speedy Claxton is the worst. Especially considering the precarious nature of our situation. Croshere is twice the player Hendu ever was. He hit 7 3's last week! 37 points. He is better than you think. He just has to be with generally smart team players to be successful.

{Shakes head} Hawks fans, what a funny bunch.

-The Suns did not expect Stoudemire to become so good so fast. He's going to be a 20-10 guy before the all-star break, maybe 25-10 by the end of the season. For a player recovering from microfracture surgery thats incredible. Because of this, Diaw hasn't had to carry the team much like he did in the playoffs last year. And no one on the Suns team is unhappy about this. Amare is, and always will be our franchise player.

-Diaw has had to give up a few rebounds to Stoudemire inside, and naturally give up a few points as well. However Boris is still just as important on this team as he is the second distrubuter and ball handler for the Suns in this offense. He does most of his work when Nash sits down, which is vital. You see, Boris isn't a stat hound like a certain player. Winning comes FIRST, and he'll do whatever it takes for the team to win. If he needs to score more in a game, he'll do it. If he needs to rebound more, he'll do it. He's the Suns biggest secret weapon, and thats why we have the second best record in the league right now.

-Boris contract does not kick in until NEXT season, so saying he is overpaid is ridiculous. He makes 2 million this season. And even if his numbers are similar next season, he still would be way too important of a player for someone to think take him lightly. Stats are definately not a barometer to judge Boris by this season, especially with Amare now taking over. Anyone that watches Suns games would know this. He does much more for the team than what shows in a box score.

-Boris is the starting power forward, Marion is the small forward.

-Anyone that still holds a grudge against Boris because he would not play for a dog-dumb head coach like Woodson has a bone for a brain and shouldn't be allowed to drive. I wouldn't want anyone I know playing for the Bad News Bear's coach either.

-I love how you guys talk smack about Boris, yet he's the same player that tore your team a new one last year. How soon do you all forget. But you'll remember soon. As I'm sure Boris will.

-Better to be overpaid 1 million, than overpaid 15 million and still can't lead a team to an 8th seed.