• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Josh Smith's numbers

KB21

In Josh's last 17 games, he is averaging 17.6 PPG, 7.8 RPG, 2.6 APG, 1.6 SPG, 2.9 BPG and is shooting 47.7% from the floor and 71.1% from the FT line.

In Josh's last 6 games, he is averaging 22.3 PPG, 9.2 RPG, 3.2 APG, 1.2 SPG, 2.5 BPG, and is shooing 51% from the field and 79% from the FT line.

Quote:

night and day difference since he had it done.

I cannot conceive of him not having surgery for it in the offseason had he had the injury, but maybe. I'm thinking about having the surgery if it gives you more game.

W

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

I cannot conceive of him not having surgery for it in the offseason had he had the injury, but maybe. I'm thinking about having the surgery if it gives you more game.

W

I am not 100% sure I understand your post, W, but I will say that he has shown increased consistency and that his effort and willingness to get in the paint have been great since he returned from his hernia. I have selected him the last few years in polls asking to identify our player with the most potential and it is wonderful to see him living up to those hopes!

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

W

I am not 100% sure I understand your post, W, but I will say that he has shown increased consistency and that his effort and willingness to get in the paint have been great since he returned from his hernia. I have selected him the last few years in polls asking to identify our player with the most potential and it is wonderful to see him living up to those hopes!

I am not sure what you are saying either. Are you trying to say that you are mad at him for not doing the surgery in the summer, and for that crime you want to waive him? sour.gif

Walter is saying that Josh should have gotten the surgery in the offseason, unless the hernia developed after the season began.

He is also saying that he will personally get the surgery if it gives him more game, because Walter's bball skills are sorely lacking..

Quote:

Walter is saying that Josh should have gotten the surgery in the offseason, unless the hernia developed after the season began.

He is also saying that he will personally get the surgery if it gives him more game, because Walter's bball skills are sorely lacking..

Sometimes you don't have this surgery anytime near when the injury happens. Alot of people live through it for 5, 10, 30 years their whole life. Athletes can even play through it some because of varying severities. You might be sore after a game but otherwise as long as digestion keeps working you're OK. Just didn't know if JS had this injury before this season. If so it could have been subtling holding him back for a long while.

W

Quote:

Thank goodness that at least for that one fateful 17th pick Billy Knight made the obvious call and selected Josh Smith. Too bad the rest of his selections have been off the reservation.

the pick he got banged on the most about initially is the one that's working out the best.

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

Thank goodness that at least for that one fateful 17th pick Billy Knight made the obvious call and selected Josh Smith. Too bad the rest of his selections have been off the reservation.

the pick he got banged on the most about initially is the one that's working out the best.

Josh Smith got hit by some media criticism during that draft but the Josh Smith pick was well-received at the Hawksquawk and by most NBA draft commentators at the time. Of course, there were still critics (would you ever expect unanimity of opinion here?)

laugh.gif (AHF going old-school)

• Premium Member

No doubt... champagne.gif

The $1,000,000 question though...

Given similar team needs at the time, if BK had that pick and was not drafting for Atlanta...would he have picked Smoove?

For some reason, I don't think he would have.

• Moderators

Quote:

Given similar team needs at the time, if BK had that pick and
was not
drafting for Atlanta...would he have picked Smoove?

An athletic 6'8'' small forward? I think he would have been all over Josh Smith regardless of local. The other top names on the board at that time were people like Jameer Nelson and Pavel Podzonsky (sp?).

Quote:

Quote:

Given similar team needs at the time, if BK had that pick and
was not
drafting for Atlanta...would he have picked Smoove?

An athletic 6'8'' small forward? I think he would have been all over Josh Smith regardless of local. The other top names on the board at that time were people like Jameer Nelson and Pavel Podzonsky (sp?).

Man, I was all over that Russian 7-3 model, Paulina Perzkova. So, glad BK didn't take him. Guess who got him? The great Don Nelson at Dallas. I couldn't believe he lasted till the 20s.

6'8 forwards and BK. No way. It has to be local.uglyhammer.gif