• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

fantasy baseball

gsuteke

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hah, the draft time was moved like 16 times. I kept logging in and out at random intervals because I had other stuff to do, but hell if I was going to miss the draft.

I probably would have done better if I had auto-drafted, but if my young pitchers progress as I hope them too, I'm going to have a nasty pitching staff. Josh Johnson in, like, the 10th round is a steal because he's the scariest pitcher on Florida. Combined with Jered Weaver, Chris Carpenter, and Scott Kazmir I'm golden, and if Kyle Davies and John Maine can do what they're capable of, then I'll have an overabundance of great pitchers. Of course, my offense is going to suffer every time Chipper Jones and Ken Griffey Jr. get injured, but that's the price of them falling to later rounds.

I swear, though, I had my eye on Robinson Cano for a round and a half, and by the time it finally got back to me, he was picked the spot before me. There were many words of vulgarity. (As was there for Miguel Cabrera the round before).

• Moderators

Quote:

I swear, though, I had my eye on Robinson Cano for a round and a half, and by the time it finally got back to me, he was picked the spot before me. There were many words of vulgarity. (As was there for Miguel Cabrera the round before).

I felt like that with a lot of hitters that lasted like 26 of the 28 picks before I got to select again. Your staff should be strong this year, no doubt.

• Moderators

Quote:

I saw you picked up Tulowski in the keeper league
smile.gif
Good pickup. He's my starting SS in the Sene league.

I read that Raffy will be out to start the year and figured he was the SS out there with the most upside. Any Colorado hitter is a candidate to break out, IMO.

• 2 weeks later...

Quote:

My bats are pretty weak right now, what are you looking to move?

i really don't care.

i've got some good underrated players (according to yahoo's initial rankings) like Erstad so it may take a week or two for people to start believing in the 2007 stats.

but to answer your question i don't care really. it's best ot negotiate via PM as opposed to proposal IMO.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Quote:

what happened to 1st place? it seems the cream has risen to the top.

Enjoy your time in the sun. When Garza and Bailey finally get called up and El Duque and Dotel get back from injuries, my pitching staff will gain some serious traction. The hitting is going to just keep coming from my team. I love that I was able to snag Dan Johnson off the FA wire.

Quote:

Quote:

Enjoy your time in the sun. When Garza and Bailey finally get called up and El Duque and Dotel get back from injuries, my pitching staff will gain some serious traction. The hitting is going to just keep coming from my team. I love that I was able to snag Dan Johnson off the FA wire.

and when the Hawks get the 1st pick........... bowdown.gif

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

lol I'm still in second! wink.gif

And it doesn't take too much talent to select a stud with the #1 pick in this draft. I hope we get the chance.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

lol I'm still in second! wink.gif

And it doesn't take too much talent to select a stud with the #1 pick in this draft. I hope we get the chance.

i'm enjoying the league despite my reservations over the amount of teams. there are a few dead teams already (MW24), but the depth makes it that much more of a challenge.