• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

fantasy baseball

gsuteke

• Moderators

Quote:

what reasonable person would have predicted the Rocket to get shelled the way he did at first? what reasonable person would have expected the Yankees to lose so many games around the time he came back up until recently?

certainly not you, that's why you accepted that trade.

ESPN rated Bush higher than Clemens. Apparently, they expected performance that wasn't too different. Anyway, Bush's performance has been the one that is as much of an outlier as Clemens. This does, though, represent something of a change from your 'all a player is is his numbers' philosophy above. wink.gif

My point was just that the trade was not nearly as outrageous as it was made out to be at the time because it was inevitable that Bush's performance would improve and not a given that Clemens would be dominant in his mid-40s.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Quote:

what reasonable person would have predicted the Rocket to get shelled the way he did at first? what reasonable person would have expected the Yankees to lose so many games around the time he came back up until recently?

ESPN rated Bush higher than Clemens. Apparently, they expected performance that wasn't too different. Anyway, Bush's performance has been the one that is as much of an outlier as Clemens. This does, though, represent something of a change from your 'all a player is is his numbers' philosophy above. wink.gif

My point was just that the trade was not nearly as outrageous as it was made out to be at the time because it was inevitable that Bush's performance would improve and not a given that Clemens would be dominant in his mid-40s.

and at this given moment you are correct, ya nansy pansy tongue.gif

dude, you have to realize you are the only one that responds to Walter these days.

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

dude, you have to realize you are the only one that responds to Walter these days.

Walter is worth having a discussion with when he is not being overrun by whatever drives him to speak down his nose to other posters at times. At the end of the day, we are all Hawks fans and may end up talking about our army of forwards while grabbing a beer at the concession stand this season.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Walter is worth having a discussion with when he is not being overrun by whatever drives him to speak down his nose to other posters at times. At the end of the day, we are all Hawks fans and may end up talking about our army of forwards while grabbing a beer at the concession stand this season.

I'll take you up on that offer.

you going to any Falcons games?

• Moderators

We'll have to see. Falcons games take up so much of the day that I rarely go. I enjoy going to the live game but when it takes up like a 5 hour block in the day it is tough to justify - especially if we are not going to do well this season.

whoever is making the trip with me that day meets me at my house at 8:30 AM. we stop in Conyers at the Arby's. we hit the Marta and get to our seats a half hour before kickoff. we leave, get to the car and head back to Conyers. we eat at the Outback every time. We get home a little after 9 PM usually.

that's why I'm selling some of my tickets nol2.gif

Quote:

5 hours is probably overly optistic even for Atlanta residents. It makes it tough compared to Hawks or Braves games.

Braves game, 1 AM. I only go to those with my employees every once in a while. We've been to one this year, that debacle against Boston. I sat down and talked a little before the game. the game was about to start so I got up and got a drink. when I sat back down Boston was up 1-0 and had a runner on 2nd with no outs.

I'll go again this year if they make the playoffs.

for the Hall of Lame! What is wrong with you guys? The only thing that keeps me from going to every game is finances. If I had the cheese, I would go to every game. To be fair, I don't have any kids and a very cool girlfriend. Seriously though, when you go to Falcons games it's nice to really make a day of it and tailgate. You usually spend less, although I must admit I spent 500 bucks tailgating at a Dolphins game in 98'! It was well worth it, though. You have more fun that way, I think.

As for the Braves, it's baseball! You can get there late and leave early. There are 162 frickin' games! You can get in for a dollar. C'mon. It takes what, 45 minutes from Conyers? How about you go, wife willing, and help root them on to the playoffs. This is the exact reason we get dogged as a sports town. C'mon guys. I've already been to a few and I'm going to at least 5 more games this year.

Would Texiera change your mind? huepfenicon111.gif

Quote:

for the Hall of Lame! What is wrong with you guys? The only thing that keeps me from going to every game is finances. If I had the cheese, I would go to every game. To be fair, I don't have any kids and a very cool girlfriend. Seriously though, when you go to Falcons games it's nice to really make a day of it and tailgate. You usually spend less, although I must admit I spent 500 bucks tailgating at a Dolphins game in 98'! It was well worth it, though. You have more fun that way, I think.

As for the Braves, it's baseball! You can get there late and leave early. There are 162 frickin' games! You can get in for a dollar. C'mon. It takes what, 45 minutes from Conyers? How about you go, wife willing, and help root them on to the playoffs. This is the exact reason we get dogged as a sports town. C'mon guys. I've already been to a few and I'm going to at least 5 more games this year.

Would Texiera change your mind?
huepfenicon111.gif

from Augusta that's a long @ss day.

allright, tell you what. I'll GIVE you two tickets on the 25 for either the Cincinnati or Baltimore game if you want them. i've got two people in the pipeline that may want one or the other. after they choose i'll send you two of my four.

i can't go because it's a monday and a friday. i'll give you two if you promise to not only use them, you have to send me a picture of something at the game agreed upon (not you) to verify you used them.

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

Ouch. That is a painful line.

I'm telling you it's the steroid testing. The Rocket will be out of the game in 7 years mark my words nol2.gif

Out of the game as in retired or out of the game as in caught cheating and banned? Baseball's pathetic steroid testing is too easy to beat for him to get caught, IMO.

Quote:

i did a double take when I read they had released Franco. that was completely unexpected in my eyes.

The rumor is that he was released with a promise that he will get some sort of coaching job. I sure hope so, as he's in my 'top ten humans alive' list (so is Diesel, though.)