fantasy baseball

gsuteke

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

i like the 12-15 also. 20 could be increadibly fun, in that you have to pick up many other players that wouldn't ordinarily get picked, i like digging a little deeper for marginal players. but it's no fun if you end up one of the bottom teams and have no chance to pull yourself out, which could ultimately lead to dead teams. as long as there are at least 10 teams, then i'm happy. i don't plan on being in last place out of 20 teams, so i'm down with whatever.

Hm.. I LOVE picking 20th (and 21st) in a 20-team league.

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

My team name is FcZeljeznicar.

As in Fulham/Chelsea...uh...hmm...

Yep, it's the soccer team that i like. Do you still play soccer? My season is almost over, only about 4-5 games left.

Yes - we just started the spring season and are 2-0 so far. We will probably end up closer to the middle of the pack, though.

Quote:

too much running.

There is a lot more running and activity in real full court basketball than in soccer, in my opinion. There is a lot of standing, walking and casual jogging while the ball is on the other side of the field in soccer. And two guys don't run at all.

Can you tell I'm not a big soccer fan? I like it more than hockey though. That's for sure! I saw the U.S. and Mexico a few weeks ago. Cool game.

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

too much running.

There is a lot more running and activity in real full court basketball than in soccer, in my opinion. There is a lot of standing, walking and casual jogging while the ball is on the other side of the field in soccer. And two guys don't run at all.

Can you tell I'm not a big soccer fan? I like it more than hockey though. That's for sure! I saw the U.S. and Mexico a few weeks ago. Cool game.

Many of the adult rec leagues are shorter sides (7 v 7) and involve plenty of running for everyone except the goal keepers. Full court basketball is also a ton of running.

Neither offers the greatness of softball where it is bad form to let your beer tip over when you have to chase a ball in the outfield. laugh.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Quote:

Done, let me know if you have any problems. I might ask some of the BravesJournal folks if they are interested too, unless anyone has any objections. We probably won't get enough otherwise.

So far, we have the following teams and coaches. Speak up if one of these is you, or if I have guessed wrong:

Corndog-o-Rama - ME

GSUTeke - duh

drunken masters - ?

AHF - duh

Springfield Isotopes - troy

Classic City Crusher - joannes3000

go for it. people have had ample opportunity to join. Let's get this thing rolling! jedi.gif

Quote:

done!

Here's the info: (the draft date can/will be moved if we can get a consensus.)

League ID#: 75484

League Name: Saer Sene Memorial League

Password: [sitemail me for this!]

Custom League URL:
http://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/league/hawksquawk

Season Type: Full

Draft Type: Live Draft

Draft Time: Wed Mar 28 7:00pm EDT [ Add to My Calendar ]

Max Teams: 12

Scoring Type: Rotisserie

Player Universe: All baseball

Max Moves: No maximum

Max Trades: No maximum

Trade Reject Time: 2

Trade End Date: August 12, 2007

Waiver Time: 2 days

Can't Cut List Provider: Yahoo! Sports

Trade Review: League Votes

Post Draft Players: Follow Waiver Rules

Max Games Played: 162

Max Innings Pitched: 1250

Weekly Deadline: Daily - Tomorrow

Start Scoring on: Sunday, Apr 1

Roster Positions: C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, OF, OF, OF, Util, SP, SP, RP, RP, P, P, P, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, DL

Stat Categories: R, HR, RBI, SB, AVG, W, SV, K, ERA, WHIP

We need teams. Where are the baseball fans?

Quote:

I brought over 4 guys from a group that plays basketball/baseball/hockey fantasy together, so we're at 12 right now.

and I think that's enough. I hate playing in a leauge with dead teams and the more people the more likely.

i hope i'm just being paranoid. i can see why you need more teams in a baseball league with all the teams in MLB.

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

I brought over 4 guys from a group that plays basketball/baseball/hockey fantasy together, so we're at 12 right now.

and I think that's enough. I hate playing in a leauge with dead teams and the more people the more likely.

i hope i'm just being paranoid. i can see why you need more teams in a baseball league with all the teams in MLB.

12 teams is pretty standard.

Quote:

Quote:

So when does the draft start?

Draft Time: Wed Mar 28 7:00pm EDT

Let me reiterate that that's a negotiable time.. If more people want it on a different day, I can move it.

Quote:

i can't be available on a week night before 10 pm.

if i am in the minority then i will prerank players.

The problem with starting a draft after 10pm is that with a lot of teams, it won't be over til 1am or later.

I have gotten several requests to move it off of Wednesday, so I set it to Thursday. I'll bump this thread a few more times, but really any questions about the league for those in it should go in the league forum!

Quote:

Quote:

i can't be available on a week night before 10 pm.

if i am in the minority then i will prerank players.

The problem with starting a draft after 10pm is that with a lot of teams, it won't be over til 1am or later.

I have gotten several requests to move it off of Wednesday, so I set it to Thursday. I'll bump this thread a few more times, but really any questions about the league for those in it should go in the league forum!

Well, turns out the commish won't be in town that Thursday, and I refuse to miss a draft in a league I'm running. smile.gif Therefore, the draft's FINAL time is Monday, Mar 26, at 6:30PM. Take note of it! crash.gif