• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

fantasy baseball

gsuteke

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

i can't be available on a week night before 10 pm.

if i am in the minority then i will prerank players.

The problem with starting a draft after 10pm is that with a lot of teams, it won't be over til 1am or later.

I have gotten several requests to move it off of Wednesday, so I set it to Thursday. I'll bump this thread a few more times, but really any questions about the league for those in it should go in the league forum!

Well, turns out the commish won't be in town that Thursday, and I refuse to miss a draft in a league I'm running. smile.gif Therefore, the draft's FINAL time is Monday, Mar 26, at 6:30PM. Take note of it! crash.gif

well it was my idea to start the thing, how come i get to miss it? hmmm????

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

The problem with starting a draft after 10pm is that with a lot of teams, it won't be over til 1am or later.

I have gotten several requests to move it off of Wednesday, so I set it to Thursday. I'll bump this thread a few more times, but really any questions about the league for those in it should go in the league forum!

Well, turns out the commish won't be in town that Thursday, and I refuse to miss a draft in a league I'm running. smile.gif Therefore, the draft's FINAL time is Monday, Mar 26, at 6:30PM. Take note of it! crash.gif

Life is full of mysteries!

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Life is full of mysteries!

LOL U R such an @ss

that was funny weeds.gif

Quote:

With like 15 Braves! That's what all of you guys have to look forward to.
stirthepot.gif

Who's going to draft Barry? Can we talk about a Bonds exclusion. I think it would be pretty cool if no one drafted him!

So you are a Braves partisan?

Quote:

I go with what I know. Besides, I'm a homersimpson.gif all the way!

Seriously though, I'm looking to have at least 3 or 4 Braves on my team. There are a ton of former Braves to choose from as well.

Go Isotopes!!!! So the Draft is Monday, right?

Quote:

Quote:

I go with what I know. Besides, I'm a homersimpson.gif all the way!

Seriously though, I'm looking to have at least 3 or 4 Braves on my team. There are a ton of former Braves to choose from as well.

Go Isotopes!!!! So the Draft is Monday, right?

Correct! I will be in direct competition with you for the overvalued homer picks smile.gif

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

stirthepot.gif

Who's going to draft Barry? Can we talk about a Bonds exclusion. I think it would be pretty cool if no one drafted him!

I'd be down for a Bonds exclusion.

There is no practical way to do a Bonds exclusion unless:

1) everyone preranks and excludes him or

2) everyone is there for the live draft.

Anyone who autopicks and doesn't prerank to exclude Bonds will take him automatically and probably not want to give him up without some real compensation.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

stirthepot.gif

I'd be down for a Bonds exclusion.

There is no practical way to do a Bonds exclusion unless:

1) everyone preranks and excludes him or

2) everyone is there for the live draft.

Anyone who autopicks and doesn't prerank to exclude Bonds will take him automatically and probably not want to give him up without some real compensation.

I think if we wind up with Bonds being taken as an autopick, that would be considered a moral victory.

• Moderators

Quote:

Diesel would pick his hero, BArry Bonds.
tongue.gif

I took him in an OPS league (where he has significant additional value) and figured that maybe that would be a jinx on him enough to get him to go down for the year with a broken leg. He is the only guy I have ever rooted for to go down with a career ending injury. Nevertheless, I try to not get too emotionally attached to picks either way and would draft him when the value is right.

I'm not being paid to build this team. There is no way in hell that I ever take Barry Bonds. Not on my roster. I'm a little old-school, though. I would rather lose the right way than win with Barry.

P.S. I'm still rooting for that injury. He is a disgrace. He tarnishes the dream we all had as children, of becoming pro-athletes, being on a team, all that. Really, more than injury, I just want him to go away.

• Moderators

Quote:

I'm not being paid to build this team. There is no way in hell that I ever take Barry Bonds. Not on my roster. I'm a little old-school, though. I would rather lose the right way than win with Barry.

With fantasy, though, you aren't doing anything other than accumulating stats. For that reason, I don't make moral judgments on the players whether it is Bonds in baseball; Pac-Man Jones in football; Sprewell in basketball; etc.

For baseball, why draw the line with Bonds when Giambi and so many others have done or are using performance enhancers?

Eh...color me new school, I guess.

I root for the career ending injury regardless, though!

Quote:

With fantasy, though, you aren't doing anything other than accumulating stats. For that reason, I don't make moral judgments on the players whether it is Bonds in baseball; Pac-Man Jones in football; Sprewell in basketball; etc.

I think he means for the fact that he will find himself rooting for Bonds to do well if he's on his fantasy team. And the last thing he'd want to do is root for Barry.

Quote:

Quote:

I think he means for the fact that he will find himself rooting for Bonds to do well if he's on his fantasy team. And the last thing he'd want to do is root for Barry.

Exactly.

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Exactly.

I understand that. That is actually part of the appeal for me in drafting him. I have lost enough guys to season-long injuries in the past that he could be the next Magglio Ordonez, etc. for me. I'd much rather see Hank's record intact than win a fantasy league - although I'll do my best here!

• Moderators

Quote:

that's ugly. i'm trying to figure out who my 2nd and 3rd round picks were.

Justin Morneu who I was hoping would drop to me a few picks later in the 2nd and Jake Peavy who is a good guy to build your staff around in the third. Neither was a bad pick, IMO.

It was the fact that you took RP in 4 of the next 6 rounds that hurts, IMO (along with inactive Roger Clemens).