• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

New York vs Atlanta

DrReality

Quote:

Yeah sure the 2nd best and the most important player on this team does not deserve a max deal yeah you are so right. Good thing you are not our GM or we would be in worse shape than we already are...

If he was a second best player on a championship team i would give him the max, but 2nd best player on one of the worst teams in the league... pillepalle.gifbanghead.gifeyebrow.giftalktothehand.gifyikes.gif

And now...a rant...

This game goes right up there with the Utah game as far as most pathetic home game this season. I was going to put it behind that one, down there with those early games with Seattle and Milwaukee, but no, this one really, really sucks.

Where to start...

I guess at the #1. 3 points guards...55 minutes...8 points...2 assists. That's beyond horrible, even considering the extremely low standards that I've already set for them. Nice of Speedy to show up for his statue night. No points, 1 assist. Statue night is a curse. The yellow unis are a curse. The throwbacks are a curse.

Does anybody want this damn Speedy statue? I might burn it in effigy...

(I wrote the above last night. I then decided that I should go out for several pitchers at the local watering hole. We pick up our rant on Sunday morning...)

It's become obvious that we need more team speed. I can't think of one player on this team that I describe as "quick." Chill might be the closest. But we've got nobody that can defend a quick guard like Marbury or Francis, nor do we have anybody who can use their speed to penetrate effectively, excluding Joe.

I don't even want to know what J. Smith was thinking on half of those TOs...

Woodson fails in the clutch again. We had a full 24 seconds and the best that he can come up with is a pick-and-roll with JJ & Zaza, which gets nothing. Then Joe ends up having to force a fadeaway. On the other end, Isiah didn't have to do much. Just tell everyone to stay out of Marbury's way, because he knew we couldn't stop his drives. We were fortunate to get to OT, although I doubt "fortunate" is the correct word...

You would have thought that with Lorenzen out, maybe a few more minutes for Shelden and Solomon. No, we suffered through 40 minutes of Zaza. I don't know how we defended Curry.

NY was not going to let JJ catch the ball in the second half, that much was obvious. They held JJ and Josh without a point for probably 15 minutes in the 2nd half, and we have no one else to step up. Joe tried to post up last night, but the double team came instantly. We don't have any plays designed to get Joe (or anyone else) an open shot.

...and I've only read the one AJC story this morning, I better not ever see any of our players call out the fans for letting the opponent's fans take over Philips.

Until they made a bit of noise when the Knicks got back-to-back dunks late in the 3rd, you could have convinced me that we were playing Seattle on a Tuesday night. Marbury got a small pop during introductions, but that was it. The Knicks' fans got loud once they roared back in the 4th. You want a supportive home crowd, play like you deserve one.

Quote:

We are total idiots....JS is an exciting player, but he wouldn't be a starter on a good team.

We have a shooting guard and that's it.

I wouldn't go THAT far. Assuming that by "good team" you mean "playoff team with a record over 500," Smoove is better than at least one of the forwards on:

Miami

Indiana

Toronto

Cleveland

Phoenix (if you count Diaw as a F and Stoudamire as a Center)

San Antonio (Bowen is the most overhyped player in the game)

Utah

Houston

LA Lakers

LA Clippers

and arguably

Chicago

Washington

Detroit

The only teams that Smoove would unquestionably not start on are Dallas (Nowitski/Howard) and Denver (Carmelo/Nene), and he would effectively be a starter on the latter.

Though certain people do tend to overrate him, he is definately a keeper. Not a max keeper (yet), but a keeper nonetheless.