DrReality

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Quote:

Childress has been horrible. 2-12 then he lets Butler go the length of the court and dunk on him.

This is the reason we should trade Childress this offseason he will never be nothing more then a bench player. He is a awful starter and his numbers prove it.

I agree with trading him. Probably the most valuable tradeable player we have.

Gotta wonder if tonight showed what could be, could've been if we have developed our young talent along the way. They can play, it's Woody that can't coach.

Quote:

it's a win. you know... "we play to win the game?" i've never played to lose. maybe you have, but i wouldn't.

I can understand you not wanting to tank, but when it's virtually impossible to make the playoffs and there are less than 20 games left, there really is nothing positive about winning.

Quote:

Please tell me how this win helped us? I'm waiting..
munching_out.gif

It keeps us in the playoff race. We're 6 games out with 20+ to go.

We're closer to the playoffs than we are to Greg Oden.

At least we can control our own destiny when it comes to playing in games.

THere is zero chance they would let the lottery balls fly our way even if we did have the 3rd worst record. We couldn't even get them to go our way when we had the worst record in the nba and you guys think we would get it now???

• Moderators

Quote:

other than the fact that we won.

If you were playing basketball against a supermodel and knew that (1) if you lost the game she would think you were fun and playing around and you would have a 45% chance to sleep with her and (2) if you played to win and pounded her that she would think you are a jerk and have nothing to do with you, what would you do? Would you beat her 20-0 and then go have dinner by yourself basking in the glow of that win? Or would you think that the potential payoff of losing the game is so much greater than the positive of winning that you would lose on purpose and take your shot at the big payoff?

You have to measure the lasting benefit from a winning outcome against any lasting cost even if you don't like to lose at anything, IMO.

• Moderators

Quote:

THere is zero chance they would let the lottery balls fly our way even if we did have the 3rd worst record. We couldn't even get them to go our way when we had the worst record in the nba and you guys think we would get it now???

Because the lottery is a function of chance not design.

Quote:

If you were playing basketball against a supermodel and knew that (1) if you lost the game she would think you were fun and playing around and you would have a 45% chance to sleep with her and (2) if you played to win and pounded her that she would think you are a jerk and have nothing to do with you, what would you do? Would you beat her 20-0 and then go have dinner by yourself basking in the glow of that win? Or would you think that the potential payoff of losing the game is so much greater than the positive of winning that you would lose on purpose and take your shot at the big payoff?

they could have posed the question like that. Makes tanking sound a lot more attractive. drevil.gif

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

they could have posed the question like that. Makes tanking sound a lot more attractive. drevil.gif

I guess extending that anology would make a top lottery pick who ends up being a bust (1) a supermodel who ends up either sucking in bed and being a high-maintenance brat or (2) a supermodel who gives you a VD.