Wash at Atl

DrReality

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Anyone heard how Marvin is after getting creamed by Shaq? You would think that a day or two after would be really touch because he hit the court hard.

Also wonder if JJ had any ill effects from his leg given that he was limping?

I'm gonna sit them both down...for the year. jedi.gif

I don't think that's what management (Woody/BK) wants though. I really think they want as many wins as possible still.

I suppose there is the fear that no matter what - the worst thing that could happen would be for PHX to get the #4 pick. But that's just a reflection on a trade that is long done and is a selfish attitude IMO.

Obviously the best thing that could happen in the draft is us getting 1, 2, or 3. IN reality the next BEST thing that could happen would be PHX getting the 4. Yep that's right. That would take the #4 out of the East. Far better for a western team (that we don't compete against for a playoff spot) to have that #4 pick than one of our Eastern conference rivals. We only play PHX twice a year and would only meet them playoff-wise in the finals. It would be much worse if Charlotte or Chicago or some team we have to really worry about gets it.

I doubt that's the way most see it though - most are more afraid of criticism than they are interested in actual strategy. shrug.gif

With Marvin and JJ out this game everyone is anticipating us to lose and help our lottery odds. I have never wanted a team to tank but this year the chance at Oden is mouth watering.

Watch the wounded Hawks win a game that the franchise would be better off losing. Right now we are tied with 4 teams for having the 3rd worst record in the league. I swear if we give up the 4 - 7 pick to Phoneix I'll throw up.

I will cheering for the opposing team the rest of the year. (If Durant and Oden were not in this draft class I would never say this.)

Who cares if PHX gets the 4-7 pick. There is no one in this draft that is hands down going to come in and help a team right away except for Oden and Durant. What players are we going to miss out on if Phx get's the 4-7 pick? An undersized Horford? Overhyped skinny Noah? I mean who? Everyone keeps crying about this but the fact is there is no one else projected in the top 10 that I would really want on the Hawks except for Oden or Durant. The rest of the draft is a crapshoot of big men. We need to take Hibbert with our Indy pick if he is available.

If Solomon and Shelden don't get at least 15 minutes of playing time tonight, I'm going to be mad.

I think they should use this lineup and get everyone a bunch of PT:

AJ/Lue/Chillz/Salim

Chillz/AJ/Salim

JSmith/Chillz

Shelden/Solomon

Zaza/Wright/Batista

Quote:

It also says the likely starting lineup is:

AJ, Chill, Smoove, Solomon, and Zaza

At least we can now get Solomon some playing time

I think tonight and other nights that the subs get to play are important for the Hawks as they look down the road. These guys need minutes so they can be evaluated to see what happens. Some will get a chance and some will go. One of the burning questions for me is:

Who on the bench has the potential to become a player if they had a different coach? Solomon is a no brainer. Who else?