• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

You gotta love this Quote, from the T-Wolves HC

HawkNJersey

Even the Timberwolves had to give it up to Smith.

"I was afraid of trying to match up with him," Timberwolves coach Randy Wittman said. "He gave us problems the first game with his ability. When he's shooting like that, you have to close down on him and make him put the ball on the floor." grin.gif

I saw that too, and it is nice to see. J-Smoove is really putting it all together. Another couple of years and he'll be unbelievable. I don't see his game flattening out yet. There is so much for him to improve upon, but what he can do is awesome.

None of the T-Wolves could handle Josh last night. Then Josh goes and saves the game with those huge blocks at the end of the game. Great fun to watch.

And to think we have been istting on him with JJ getting all the shots. We have discovered the potential of this team not because of Woody's coaching skills, but because of an injury that forced him to do something different. Very sad.

Josh is on his way to being an all star.

Quote:

I saw that too, and it is nice to see. J-Smoove is really putting it all together. Another couple of years and he'll be unbelievable. I don't see his game flattening out yet. There is so much for him to improve upon, but what he can do is awesome.

None of the T-Wolves could handle Josh last night. Then Josh goes and saves the game with those huge blocks at the end of the game. Great fun to watch.

That fact that he still has much to improve on and he's playing at a very high level, screams superstar. I just wish we could make the playoffs, so he can be exposed to the world. With the lack of national games, he doesn't have the exposure he deserves. We make the playoffs, he's a household name by athleticism alone. He has a performance like last night, and his fanbase would expand. I'm just glad he's on our team laugh.gif

Quote:

"I was afraid of trying to match up with him," Timberwolves coach Randy Wittman said. "He gave us problems the first game with his ability. When he's shooting like that, you have to close down on him and make him put the ball on the floor."
grin.gif

Somewhat comical.

Truth is - and any casual observer knows this - Josh KILLS with interior defense...especially late...he flat KILLS. Nobody can shoot anything within 10 feet of the basket. Opponents know that...he will destroy them.

A team with a couple guys like Garnett and Smith should have been the answer, but guess what, they weren't. Garnett had more blocks than JS but guess who got two when it really mattered and controlled the paint in crunch time.

He can't do it all by himself "literally"...he needs guys like Shelden blocking out. We have to be fair to Shelden. Many times Shelden puts a body (his) on a potential offensive rebounder - then goes up for the ball and it isn't there anymore - because Josh got it a foot or so higher than Shelden can go. That's no dis on Shelden - he did the "dirty work" as our useless piece of crap coach would say - - - grumpy.gif

Quote:

Quote:

"I was afraid of trying to match up with him," Timberwolves coach Randy Wittman said. "He gave us problems the first game with his ability. When he's shooting like that, you have to close down on him and make him put the ball on the floor."
grin.gif

Somewhat comical.

Truth is - and any casual observer knows this - Josh KILLS with interior defense...especially late...he flat KILLS. Nobody can shoot anything within 10 feet of the basket. Opponents know that...he will destroy them.

A team with a couple guys like Garnett and Smith should have been the answer, but guess what, they weren't. Garnett had more blocks than JS but guess who got two when it really mattered and controlled the paint in crunch time.

He can't do it all by himself "literally"...he needs guys like Shelden blocking out. We have to be fair to Shelden. Many times Shelden puts a body (his) on a potential offensive rebounder - then goes up for the ball and it isn't there anymore - because Josh got it a foot or so higher than Shelden can go. That's no dis on Shelden - he did the "dirty work" as our useless piece of crap coach would say - - - grumpy.gif

Poor Sheldon, or poor anybody. He's becoming a superstar, with so much to still work on. Just think, if he committed to rebounding? Who can keep him off the boards? What if he worked on his pull-up jumper, who could get a hand in his face? Worked on his handles, what PF could stay in front of him? He still needs to develop, but we can literally say that the sky is the limit.

It would be a travesty if he is not on the All Defensive First team. I bet Smoove has Jay Bilas's comments on his I-pod. And, I want to personally thank Jay for his contribution to the Hawks franchise.

Quote:

[ Just think, if he committed to rebounding?

Committing my arse - he already gets the rebounds...I'd call that committed.

P.S. - Josh ain't gonna be another rebounding wonder like the weird dude (Rodman) from Detroit...he can play the whole game...well.

But he will get as many rebounds as Rodman...he is just a well rounded player and will also get 20-30 points on an average.

(gotta cut down on those turnovers) nurse.gif

Quote:

Quote:

[ Just think, if he committed to rebounding?

Committing my arse - he already gets the rebounds...I'd call that committed.

P.S. - Josh ain't gonna be another rebounding wonder like the weird dude (Rodman) from Detroit...he can play the whole game...well.

But he will get as many rebounds as Rodman...he is just a well rounded player and will also get 20-30 points on an average.

(gotta cut down on those turnovers) nurse.gif

You're right he can't get every rebound because he impacts every phase of the game. I would love for him to cut down on turnovers, but I attribute that to aggression and trying to make a play. If he had a playmaking PG, I assume he would defer some of the ballhandling. Too bad Woody doesn't know how to use his weapons..but this quote is encouraging:

He's growing up, that's all you can say," Hawks coach Mike Woodson said.

"You guys have been watching him. You watched him when he first got here. He's made major strides in terms of this game. He's growing up right before our eyes. Tonight [he] was huge."

Now if you just let the kid get some touches when JJ gets back, Woody

What's lost in all this talk about Smoove, is his modesty and his willing to defer credit to others:

We're just sharing the ball and relying on each other," Smith said. "Salim and Lue made all those big shots with the shot clock going down, Marvin and Chils did their thing, AJ [Anthony Johnson] got us in the right situations and Zaza played the best game he's played all season. We earned this one the hard way."

Quote:

He's growing up, that's all you can say," Hawks coach Mike Woodson said.

"You guys have been watching him. You watched him when he first got here. He's made major strides in terms of this game. He's growing up right before our eyes. Tonight [he] was huge."

It's funny how Woody gets very little credit for Josh Smith's development but is always bashed for everything else he does. I'm still not sure if he'll ever become a good coach but I do feel he deserves props for helping Josh raise his game to a higher level.

Quote:

..."You guys have been watching him. You watched him when he first got here. He's made major strides in terms of this game. He's growing up right before our eyes. Tonight [he] was huge."...

Woody is an ass...a total useless ass.

Who made the strides Woody?

What did you do?

uglyhammer.gif

credit JS's agent thumb3d.gif

Did Smoove make all the strides while you called every play for JJ????? ALL YEAR PHUCKING LONG Huh ???? Woody???

talk to me Woody.

Yeah - FNA Woody - you were developing JS by never giving him the damn ball on the post low - that will work - neat strategy Woodster.

Woody you are a piece of - ah heck - why repeat.

Quote:

Wow DJ, tell us how you really feel
laugh.gif

Well you gotta do that now and then...when things are obviously ridiculous.

Woody talking about how JS is maturing makes me SICK. Woody is as clueless as a coach as I have ever seen.

He acts like he is taking credit. He wants JS to develop a post game - WELL - then give him the DAMN BALL.

Best Josh Smith wuote is from Steve Kerr on NBA Live 2006.

"You know Marv, he made a name for himself by winning the slam dunk competition last year. This kid is one of the highest leapers you eill ever see. He can really jump out of a gym and he's a great finisher around the basket. If he were to develop the abiltiy to knock down a perimeter jump shot HE'D BE UNSTOPPABLE."

That may not be the quote word for word but it's basically JMoove in a nut shell. The sky is the limit for Josh. We all know he has elite athleticism. It's how good of a shooter he becomes that will determine if he becomes a Superstar.

Josh Smith with the ability to knock down a jump shot is a nightmare for any defense.

It becomes a pick your poison sort of deal. You play off coerage and he drains the jumper.

You play tight coverage and you make life easier for one of the best finishers around the basket in the league making yourself a victim to a top 10 highlight.

People said and still say Im a homer for saying this but I actually think Josh could be better than Amare and Dwight because of the edge in athleticism. Sure both of those guys are beasts but Josh just has another gear in the athleticism department and because of his shooting ability.

Quote:

Best Josh Smith wuote is from Steve Kerr on NBA Live 2006.

"You know Marv, he made a name for himself by winning the slam dunk competition last year. This kid is one of the highest leapers you eill ever see. He can really jump out of a gym and he's a great finisher around the basket. If he were to develop the abiltiy to knock down a perimeter jump shot HE'D BE UNSTOPPABLE."

That may not be the quote word for word but it's basically JMoove in a nut shell. The sky is the limit for Josh. We all know he has elite athleticism. It's how good of a shooter he becomes that will determine if he becomes a Superstar.

Josh Smith with the ability to knock down a jump shot is a nightmare for any defense.

It becomes a pick your poison sort of deal. You play off coerage and he drains the jumper.

You play tight coverage and you make life easier for one of the best finishers around the basket in the league making yourself a victim to a top 10 highlight.

People said and still say Im a homer for saying this but I actually think Josh could be better than Amare and Dwight because of the edge in athleticism. Sure both of those guys are beasts but Josh just has another gear in the athleticism department and because of his shooting ability.

I'd like to see him be productive in this role againest teams like The Spurs and Mavs before I give him more credit than I have.

Quote:

I'd like to see him be productive in this role againest teams like The Spurs and Mavs before I give him more credit than I have.

I like the fact that we will never play those two teams more than four times a year.

What a ridiculous criteria.

Oh BTW, didn't Josh have 10 blocks against Dallas once?

Didn't he drop 20 points on both of those teams ?

Quote:

Quote:

I like the fact that we will never play those two teams more than four times a year.

What a ridiculous criteria.

Oh BTW, didn't Josh have 10 blocks against Dallas once?

Didn't he drop 20 points on both of those teams ?

I mean't as a go-to player. Smoove has not

proved himself to be a second option that you can count on everynight.

People talk about giving him a big contract, but it's ridiulous to expect him to perform againest some of the best teams? Sounds like you're being ridiculous to me.

Or maybe you were a big Hendu fan? grin.gif