• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ok be honest, what do you think of this team?

Joker

I personally think this is the worst team in basketball, and the best player is great one deminisonal role player... there other ballplayers are two solid role players aka MW and Chill who can be good on a team that runs a system..... then they have a no good tweener, who this organization and fans really want to see suceed even tho he's awful in my eyes... a Center who makes Valde Divac look like Hakeem the Dream.... and a bench that would be avg. in the NBDL and a GM who might be the worst I've ever seen in pro sports. What is your opinion on this team?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

wothout joe this is the second worst team in the pros. really the last offseason was make or break and it well... broke. we had two major flaws, weakness at the point guard and defense in the post. none of them were improved signiicantly in the offseason. speedy was the worst offseason aquistion we've had since jr rider, and lorenzen wright and sheldon williams haven't stopped even second teir big men like jamal magloire, tyson chandler, and al jefferson from dominating us in the paint. as such, you end up with the same team as last year and you end up with the same record as last year which is sad because as a whole the rest of the league got worse from last year.

Quote:

wothout joe this is the second worst team in the pros. really the last offseason was make or break and it well... broke. we had two major flaws, weakness at the point guard and defense in the post. none of them were improved signiicantly in the offseason. speedy was the worst offseason aquistion we've had since jr rider, and lorenzen wright and sheldon williams haven't stopped even second teir big men like jamal magloire, tyson chandler, and al jefferson from dominating us in the paint. as such, you end up with the same team as last year and you end up with the same record as last year which is sad because as a whole the rest of the league got worse from last year.

the league didn't get worst, it's just when a player like Durant or Oden is abiliable, teams tanked and try to hit the lottery... You see like in real life when play the lottery, there are different cash banks... you can win a get 2 million or you can win a get 300 million. and this year with Durant being the 300 million guy, teams are willin to blow a season just to land a player who can single handedly change the face of your franchise.. look at Minny. look at Philly when AI and KG came... teams are willin to take that risk for the big cash prize... Atlanta is not trying to tank, I watch them, they just suck and team don't take them serious and they think like this fourm thinks... they think there good when they suck and think there one piece away when their a whole team away from reaching their goals...

they're are more teams in the league than boston and memphis. teams like milwaukee, philly, and even charlotte and worse than they were last year, and they were never in contention to get one of those two. this was a horrible year in the league and we were horrible right along with them. only team that this team is better than right now is memphis.

Quote:

they're are more teams in the league than boston and memphis. teams like milwaukee, philly, and even charlotte and worse than they were last year, and they were never in contention to get one of those two. this was a horrible year in the league and we were horrible right along with them. only team that this team is better than right now is memphis.

and those teams been tanking for a minute now... and how are they not contenion, I don't understand what you are saying.... the difference between us and them is there horrible to get a gem, and we are just horrible becuase of the talent will have or lack there of. we are not better then Memphis, for one they play in the West, they played alot of games without there Joe Johnson in Pau Gasol, in favt Gasol better to be honest. They have more talent in Damon S, M. Miller and they are much better then what we have outside of Joe.... most coaches bench there stars and all other players when tanking, we don't do that...

Quote:

Quote:

and those teams been tanking for a minute now... and how are they not contenion, I don't understand what you are saying.... the difference between us and them is there horrible to get a gem, and we are just horrible becuase of the talent will have or lack there of. we are not better then Memphis, for one they play in the West, they played alot of games without there Joe Johnson in Pau Gasol, in favt Gasol better to be honest. They have more talent in Damon S, M. Miller and they are much better then what we have outside of Joe.... most coaches bench there stars and all other players when tanking, we don't do that...

we are better than memphis because we destroyed them without joe johnson when we played them on top of them losing to everyone else. as for the other teams, they aren't tanking, they are just losing to everyone else, except us anyway. only team that even showed signs of tanking were the celtics. and they are a better team than us. philly has won plenty games since andre miller got back and milwaukee still wins their fair share of games even with simmons and villenueva out. charlotte could be a worse team than us, but they destroyed us on back to back days. i thought this was a topic about what i thought of this team. right now we are the second worse team in the NBA. only team we won that was quality (not a buzzer beater or a blowout *sacremento*) was memphis. we lost to boston, we lost to philly, we lost to milwaukee, we lost to charlotte. we might have a better shooting guard, small forward, or power forward than those other teams, but our horrible point guards and weak interior defenders have cost us game after game after game. if boston played like they wanted to win. they would have a better record than us too.

Guest Walter

While I think talent-wise we're better than Memphis, it is very close, their talent is better distributed across positions, and we won't be more talented after this upcoming draft if picks fall as they should.

I don't think much at all of this team. Heart and character are demonstrated, but significant talent, positions, and skill-sets are missing. At a point in rebuilding where we should be either completing our rebuild or have alot more capital, our rebuild is fast coming to a premature halt and we have no cap space, no draft capital, and a diminishing amount of already meager trade capital.

I believe we are incredibly close to, where another GM to take over, one without any ties to this team's even potential mediocre success, he would strongly consider if not decide to rebuild from (near) scratch again. That's nothing against these guys, just BK is so horrible.

W

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

we are better than memphis because we destroyed them without joe johnson when we played them on top of them losing to everyone else. as for the other teams, they aren't tanking, they are just losing to everyone else, except us anyway. only team that even showed signs of tanking were the celtics. and they are a better team than us. philly has won plenty games since andre miller got back and milwaukee still wins their fair share of games even with simmons and villenueva out. charlotte could be a worse team than us, but they destroyed us on back to back days. i thought this was a topic about what i thought of this team. right now we are the second worse team in the NBA. only team we won that was quality (not a buzzer beater or a blowout *sacremento*) was memphis. we lost to boston, we lost to philly, we lost to milwaukee, we lost to charlotte. we might have a better shooting guard, small forward, or power forward than those other teams, but our horrible point guards and weak interior defenders have cost us game after game after game. if boston played like they wanted to win. they would have a better record than us too.

most of the starters were hurt and Gasol only played 22 mins because they realize there was no reason to beat the Hawks, what good would come from it, none.... he don't have anything outside of Joe better then those other guys... quit reaching, these guys are not any good, teams sleep on em, and sometimes that lose... you don't understand becuase you want to see them do good and is blinded... We are a bad defense, bad offense, and bad coaching squad... we have little stenghts outside of a highlight here and there.... we pretty much have all weaknesses...

Quote:

While I think talent-wise we're better than Memphis, it is very close, their talent is better distributed across positions, and we won't be more talented after this upcoming draft if picks fall as they should.

I don't think much at all of this team. Heart and character are demonstrated, but significant talent, positions, and skill-sets are missing. At a point in rebuilding where we should be either completing our rebuild or have alot more capital, our rebuild is fast coming to a premature halt and we have no cap space, no draft capital, and a diminishing amount of already meager trade capital.

I believe we are incredibly close to, where another GM to take over, one without any ties to this team's even potential mediocre success, he would strongly consider if not decide to rebuild from (near) scratch again. That's nothing against these guys, just BK is so horrible.

W

How are we better then Memphis, there in full tank mode, this is a team that when to the playoff in the West last year, they are much better then us and that's final... I sware I don't know if your watching the same NBA I am... I guess where not.... We have to rebuild to become a good team and hope we get a franchise player which makes everything much easier... BK is dumb, but bad GM skills of not knowing that Scotts can coach vets great, costed us D Ho and ending any chances to be sucessful in the future... I love Deron but he needed to be in system and a coach who pushes him to be sucessful and Paul needs some talent around him or he's just as useless and the Hawks had none of that... We try to force people to be good, ex. JJ and JS... we don't play smart or fundmential basketball, hell watching a college game in the CB is better hoops then watching the Hawks play...

Guest Walter

I said...

Quote:

While I think
talent-wise we're better than Memphis
, it is very close, their talent is better distributed across positions, and we won't be more talented after this upcoming draft if picks fall as they should.

I'm only speaking "talent-wise" and it's very close.

When you say

Quote:

we don't play smart or fundmential basketball

...you are indicating just how a slightly more talented team might not be a better team. That's how I see it. I think we are slightly more talented but significantly more flawed as a team.

W

Quote:

you asked for my opinion and i gave it to you, i'm not about to get into an arguement over whose second worst in the league.

your right, my bad, I was just curious...

Quote:

I said...

Quote:

While I think
talent-wise we're better than Memphis
, it is very close, their talent is better distributed across positions, and we won't be more talented after this upcoming draft if picks fall as they should.

I'm only speaking "talent-wise" and it's very close.

When you say

Quote:

we don't play smart or fundmential basketball

...you are indicating just how a slightly more talented team might not be a better team. That's how I see it. I think we are slightly more talented but significantly more flawed as a team.

W

I see what what your saying but talent wise we are no where near Memphis, we are on Boston level without Pierce.

Our flaws as a team have a lot to do with youth. I know people get tired of hearing that, but it's the truth. Young teams just don't win in the NBA, because they do stupid things. The kids do a lot of great things. Then they'll do something that will completely drive you crazy. And when they make the mistake, they know that it's a bad one.

But as far as the Memphis discussion, consider this:

Vancouver/Memphis draft positions since 1995:

95: #6 - Big Country

96: #3 - Reef

97: #4 - Antonio Daniels

98: #2 - Mike Bibby

99: #2 - Steve Francis ( who pitched a hissy fit and got his trade wish )

00: #2 - Stromile Swift

01: #3 ( from us in the Reef trade ) - Gasol . . and #6: Battier

02: #4 Drew Gooden

( enter Jerry West as GM )

- Makes a move to bring in solid veteran players like James Posey and Bonzi Wells to the team, who immeadiately helps them offensively and most importantly defensively. Makes some nice trades to get underachieving players off the squad. Hires Hubie Brown to coach during the 02-03 season.

03: #14 Marcus Banks

04: no draft pick ( I think they traded it away, but I forgot to whom. I think Utah got it, seeing that they had three 1st round picks that year. )

05: #19 - Hakim Warrick

06: #24 - Kyle Lowry

A lot of you forget that Memphis won 49 games last year, and had posted 3 consecutive seasons of over .500 basketball. But West wanted to remake the team to be a more athletic one, because they couldn't get out of the 1st round of the playoffs. The ONLY reason why they're in the situation that they're in now, is because of Gasol's injury situation.

And the same goes for us. But the majority of fans of the Hawks put the injury situation low on the totem pole. LOL . . tell Milwaukee that they're season wasn't ruined because of injury.

LOL . . just a mere 2 weeks ago, a lot of you were talking about how this team is playing so well without JJ, that he might be expendible. Now that we're losing with the kids, we're the worst team in the NBA . . LOL. This board is hilarious.

Without all of the injuries to this team, the Hawks are a middle of the pack team that was very capable of winning close to 40 games this season . . even with all of our flaws and deficiencies. But you can't go through the amount of injuries that we went through, and expect everything to still be OK.

And most importantly, you can't JUDGE this team on how good or bad they are, because of the injuries.

This board bases their opinions on what they see on a daily basis, and not from a long term or rational perspective:

- If Salim throws up 37 points in a game, he should be starting. He could even be our 2nd option. I guess it doesn't matter if he shoots 40% FG, he can still do it.

- If Chill has a lackluster 2nd half, he's not aggressive enough, even if he does have an overall game in which he scores 20 points and grabs more than 10 boards and shoot 50% FG.

- If Smoove commits 7 turnovers, he's a dumb player. Forget the fact that he may have 7 assists in that same game from the forward position. Conversely, he's our best player( even better than JJ ) despite that 5 of his 7 turnovers were passes or plays he had no business trying to make.

- If the team wins without JJ, we don't need him. Forget that the team has won 21 games when JJ scores 29 points or more, we don't need him because our ball movement is so good without him.

- If Solomon Jones gets 2 blocks in 7 minutes, he can be the future at center, even though he's undersized and a hack machine.

- If Marvin doesn't look to put up 15 shots a game, or get his shot blocked trying to go to the hole, he has no heart and is a complete bust. He may be 4 - 8 FG in the game and playing team ball, but because he's not trying to be a superstar, he has no heart. Conversely, some say that Marvin still be a "superstar" in a few years, even if he has shown no indication of having a "superstar" mentality.

These are the type of knee-jerk opinions that we see on a daily basis on this board. It's hilarious to me.

These are the Hawks in a nutshell:

- If healthy next year, our veteran PGs are going to help this team tremendously, because they all bring different things to the table. And if push comes to shove, you could play the guy that is playing the best during crunch time. And for you Speedy critics, don't count on Speedy posting the worst numbers of his career two years in a row.

- JJ is the best player the Hawks have had since Dominique. This was his first year of being truly "the man". He'll be more than ready to handle the double and sometimes triple teams next season.

- Smoove is establishing himself as a viable 2nd option to this team. A true 5-tool player. He will also improve next year. A nice 2nd fiddle to compliment JJ.

- Childress is a poor man's combo version of Shawn Marion and Tayshawn Prince, for all of the little things he does. He is the Hawks version of Jose Oquendo ( for you longtime baseball fans, especially of the Cardinals ).

- Marvin will be a solid #3 guy for us, sometimes even taking the #2 role when/if Smith has a bad game. Like Childress and Smith, he's a young player that is rapidly improving.

If I were BK, I'm only looking to add two things to this team. One is obviously a big man who can play defense, and score somewhat efficiently. Not a guy that puts up big numbers, but just a guy who can come in and shoot over 50% FG and not let his man have a field day on the offensive end. We just need consistent efficiency from the 5 spot. ZaZa runs too hot and cold to be counted on as a starter.

The 2nd thing I'd look to add, would be a slasher. It could be from the PG position or from the SG position. But we could use a player that can get to the hole just about anytime he wanted to. Most of your good teams have this kind of player, even if he's not a star player.

Keep this team together. Don't make a move with the young forwards, unless you can bring an IMPACT player to the mix. Get a new coach if you feel that Woody has done all he can with this group. If Nique feels that he can make better personnel decisions than BK, consider letting him go too.

This team has talent but I think most of us agree we still need two big positions filled with quality players,a big man and a point guard. If it turns out that the Hawks don't get the 1-3 picks then our next choice is to hope the Indiana pick leaves a quality point or big man available when Hawks pick. I doubt if Hibbert makes it to the Hawks pick (indiana) and besides him who else is out there. If you don't get your big man through the draft your sure not going to get one in free agency.

There are many more points in free agency and the draft then big men so how do you fill that need? Your going to have to trade someone whether its childress or marvin or both. Teams just don't trade big men without getting alot in return so I can see the point guard position being filled but I also see trouble getting a big man thuss the Hawks will have the same problems next year getting outrebounded and no shot blocker in the middle to have a quality defense.

Quote:

Our flaws as a team have a lot to do with youth. I know people get tired of hearing that, but it's the truth. Young teams just don't win in the NBA, because they do stupid things. The kids do a lot of great things. Then they'll do something that will completely drive you crazy. And when they make the mistake, they know that it's a bad one.

But as far as the Memphis discussion, consider this:

Vancouver/Memphis draft positions since 1995:

95: #6 - Big Country

96: #3 - Reef

97: #4 - Antonio Daniels

98: #2 - Mike Bibby

99: #2 - Steve Francis ( who pitched a hissy fit and got his trade wish )

00: #2 - Stromile Swift

01: #3 ( from us in the Reef trade ) - Gasol . . and #6: Battier

02: #4 Drew Gooden

( enter Jerry West as GM )

- Makes a move to bring in solid veteran players like James Posey and Bonzi Wells to the team, who immeadiately helps them offensively and most importantly defensively. Makes some nice trades to get underachieving players off the squad. Hires Hubie Brown to coach during the 02-03 season.

03: #14 Marcus Banks

04: no draft pick ( I think they traded it away, but I forgot to whom. I think Utah got it, seeing that they had three 1st round picks that year. )

05: #19 - Hakim Warrick

06: #24 - Kyle Lowry

A lot of you forget that Memphis won
49 games
last year, and had posted 3 consecutive seasons of over .500 basketball. But West wanted to remake the team to be a more athletic one, because they couldn't get out of the 1st round of the playoffs. The ONLY reason why they're in the situation that they're in now, is because of Gasol's injury situation.

And the same goes for us. But the majority of fans of the Hawks put the injury situation low on the totem pole. LOL . . tell Milwaukee that they're season wasn't ruined because of injury.

LOL . . just a mere 2 weeks ago, a lot of you were talking about how this team is playing so well without JJ, that he might be expendible. Now that we're losing with the kids, we're the worst team in the NBA . . LOL. This board is hilarious.

Without all of the injuries to this team, the Hawks are a middle of the pack team that was very capable of winning close to 40 games this season . . even with all of our flaws and deficiencies. But you can't go through the amount of injuries that we went through, and expect everything to still be OK.

And most importantly, you can't JUDGE this team on how good or bad they are, because of the injuries.

This board bases their opinions on what they see on a daily basis, and not from a long term or rational perspective:

- If Salim throws up 37 points in a game, he should be starting. He could even be our 2nd option. I guess it doesn't matter if he shoots 40% FG, he can still do it.

- If Chill has a lackluster 2nd half, he's not aggressive enough, even if he does have an overall game in which he scores 20 points and grabs more than 10 boards and shoot 50% FG.

- If Smoove commits 7 turnovers, he's a dumb player. Forget the fact that he may have 7 assists in that same game from the forward position. Conversely, he's our best player( even better than JJ ) despite that 5 of his 7 turnovers were passes or plays he had no business trying to make.

- If the team wins without JJ, we don't need him. Forget that the team has won
21 games when JJ scores 29 points or more,
we don't need him because our ball movement is so good without him.

- If Solomon Jones gets 2 blocks in 7 minutes, he can be the future at center, even though he's undersized and a hack machine.

- If Marvin doesn't look to put up 15 shots a game, or get his shot blocked trying to go to the hole, he has no heart and is a complete bust. He may be 4 - 8 FG in the game and playing team ball, but because he's not trying to be a superstar, he has no heart. Conversely, some say that Marvin still be a "superstar" in a few years, even if he has shown no indication of having a "superstar" mentality.

These are the type of knee-jerk opinions that we see on a daily basis on this board. It's hilarious to me.

These are the Hawks in a nutshell:

- If healthy next year, our veteran PGs are going to help this team tremendously, because they all bring different things to the table. And if push comes to shove, you could play the guy that is playing the best during crunch time. And for you Speedy critics, don't count on Speedy posting the worst numbers of his career two years in a row.

- JJ is the best player the Hawks have had since Dominique. This was his first year of being truly "the man". He'll be more than ready to handle the double and sometimes triple teams next season.

- Smoove is establishing himself as a viable 2nd option to this team. A true 5-tool player. He will also improve next year. A nice 2nd fiddle to compliment JJ.

- Childress is a poor man's combo version of Shawn Marion and Tayshawn Prince, for all of the little things he does. He is the Hawks version of Jose Oquendo ( for you longtime baseball fans, especially of the Cardinals ).

- Marvin will be a solid #3 guy for us, sometimes even taking the #2 role when/if Smith has a bad game. Like Childress and Smith, he's a young player that is rapidly improving.

If I were BK, I'm only looking to add two things to this team. One is obviously a big man who can play defense, and score somewhat efficiently. Not a guy that puts up big numbers, but just a guy who can come in and shoot over 50% FG and not let his man have a field day on the offensive end. We just need consistent efficiency from the 5 spot. ZaZa runs too hot and cold to be counted on as a starter.

The 2nd thing I'd look to add, would be a slasher. It could be from the PG position or from the SG position. But we could use a player that can get to the hole just about anytime he wanted to. Most of your good teams have this kind of player, even if he's not a star player.

Keep this team together. Don't make a move with the young forwards, unless you can bring an IMPACT player to the mix. Get a new coach if you feel that Woody has done all he can with this group. If Nique feels that he can make better personnel decisions than BK, consider letting him go too.

The Hawks don't win 40 games healthy or not. PERIOD

-No post scoring

-No defense

-No PG

-No center

-No standout rebounders

-No desire

-No Depth

Your not winning 40 games with those kind of weaknesses. You can tell yourself otherwise to feel better, but your wrong. Every bad team blames everything on injuries because

they can't face the reality that their team sucks.

Not true Hotlanta. I'm not going to waste a lot of typing on this, because I've never seen you post ANYTHING positive about this team.

What injuries do, is disrupt the chemistry of a team. You've watched enough basketball to know this.

Here's a number range for you Hot. 60 - 65 games.

That represents the number of games that we've had 2 or more key players on this team not be available for us in a particular game. Teams, for the most part, just don't overcome those odds. Especially not young teams.

-No posting scoring

-No defense

-No PG

-No center

-No standout rebounders

-No desire

-No Depth

You know, that sounds a lot like the Dallas Mavericks of 2 years ago, when JT first came to the team. They did have 2 things that we don't have now. An all-NBA player, the desire to win because they had been in a few playoff wars, and a lot of depth. All of those other things you listed weren't a factor in the success of their team. Their defense is much better now, but they still lack a center, post scoring.

The Hawks were way too competitive this year, even with the players out and all of our deficiencies, to make me believe that this team couldn't win 40 games this year.

No way we're 27 - 44 with a 80% healthy Hawks squad for the year. We definitely need a banger on the inside, no doubt on that. But our team has shown that they can be efficient enough offensively and sound enough defensively, to compete with even the best teams this year.

One more year of experience, and a few more moves, will continue to see this team improve. The glass is 5/8ths full for the Hawks . . not 5/8ths empty.

Right on Hotlanta seems like a number of those flaws could be fixed with one big man - say GREG ODEN! Add Indy's pick or sign a free agent point and you have that team that can win championships. Amazing though how many still want the Hawks to win the rest of the season thus lowering our chances of becoming that powerhouse team we all want! smash3d.gif

you can't put all your faith in the slim chance we get the number 1 pick, what are you going to say the day after the draft lottery when we don't have it. trade for greg oden? that's not goin down. wait for him to become an unrestricted free agent? i don't think the city or current players want to wait that long. blame BK for not sucking enough? kinda defeats the purpose of hating him. i think every fan in the league wants oden in some way or another, but we have to have a backup plan. even if it's trying to get dalembert to shore up the defense we have to try something.