• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I have a great TRADE!!!

Dont get me wrong. The guy can ball. I definetly consider him a top 3 SG (when it comes to talent wise).

But his personality makes me dislike the guy.

The guy has no respect for the hawks (which i dont like, and it should bother u guys as well). We are professionals- whether we are facing the Clippers (they good now though), Bulls, Grizzles, or Warriors... we should play with respect.

I loved what SHAQ said in his interviews. He didnt say anything that would give the NETS what i call "HUNGER!" He never said that the NETS suck. His opinions stay in his head. If u listen carefully, u can see that he carefully uses his words.

After McGradys loss against Hornets do u know what he said?

Something like "Baron Davis has the better team, he has help on his team." This could be true that Davis does have more help on his team, but this is disrespect towards his teammates. How would u feel if u were his teammate at this time? He has a mad ego.

Same with Paul "no one in the league can guard me" Peirce. If no one can guard him, how Boston lose?

I love Pierces and McGradys game, but the ego gotta go.

Just my opinion on these 2 players. This post here has NOTHING to do with EURO PLAYERS!

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with you that hitting a women is wrong and i have never and never will hit one. But like I said just cut Kid some slack. You can talk about all the other crackheads you want but Kidd is a good person who fall. But like Donnie Mclurkin say you can get back up again.

Baron Davis is really a mismatch for McGrady IMO. Because I really believe McGrady is a SF/SG. So naturally Baron is much quicker and he was able to get good shots off. Thats like us asking Demarr to guard Iverson thats not putting him in a position to suceed.

The difference is that McGrady had himself, scrubs, and old timers and Peja and Dirk had an excellent teams surrounding them.

Hotlanta there is no doubt in my mind had Sacrameto had McGrady instead of Peja they would have beat the Lakers. They should have done it with Peja. Are you saying that Peja is better than McGrady?

Also I think McGrady matches up better against Kobe than he does against Baron. They are both athletic Sf/Sg that are close in athleticism. McGrady being a little stronger and Kobe being a little quicker. I would have loved to see that matchup.

All in all I think it comes down to the talent surrounding the players. You can hide a lot of your flaws when you have a good supporting cast.

I'm not sure if he raised his voice while he did it, but Spree had a very well publicized incident at GS a few years before carlesimo....

after jerome kersey was playing defense a little too close for his comfort, sprewell exited the gym and reappeared with a 2X4 and started chasing kersey around the gym threatening to kill him... adelman (the coach at the time) and 2 other players finally tackled sprewell and pulled the weapon from his hands....

No, sprewell is pretty much a complete and utter [censored]/punk/criminal....

THEN A FEW YEARS BACK, TEAMMATE Jerome Kersey was hitting Sprewell hard when he came to the basket.

"Don't do that again, man," Sprewell was reported to have warned Kersey. Kersey explained it was basketball and if you weren't man enough you could leave.

So Sprewell grabbed a two-by-four that was laying near the court and began chasing Kersey.

Technically, that's considered the Brooklyn way of settling a dispute.

When that failed, Sprewell said he was going to get his gun and shoot Kersey.

That is the Bronx method of settling a dispute.

When Kersey went to exit the arena, he spotted about a half dozen of Sprewell's buddies armed with various semi automatic weapons waiting near Kersey's car. Kersey hid in the arena for sometime afterward.

This was the lower East Side method of handling disputes.

There was the time one of Sprewell's attack dogs bit one of his kids.

Was he going to have the dog put to sleep, Sprewell was asked.

Why, Sprewell wondered.

Man's got to have protection.

yeah yeah. Spreewell is such a thug. I am sooo terrified. Stop complaining I dont hear Kersey complaining. If what you described really happen the police would have been involved, they love arresting famous atheletes. i.e. OJ.

If I am in the wrong I apologize but none of this sounds unrealistic. Where the hell on a basketballl practice court does someone find a 2x4. And what makes you think Spree would have friends waiting around with semi autos looking for beef. As for your remarks about the lower east side and the bronx. I will just say this you should spend more time in those places you will find that they are just neighborhoods not war zones. Good lord why do so many people act like the inner cities of America are war zones. Other than the police harrassing innocent people, the Bronx is not some savage land.

Martin Luther King, Jesus, Ghandi all could forgive people who they had wronged them. So why cant you forgive someone how has NEVER done a thing to you.

" Where is the LOVE" -Jay Z

PS Again if you are correct I appologize but the scenario just doesn't seem feasible.

Here you go...

New York, Sprewell perfect for each other

By Sam Smith

CBS SportsLine Pro Basketball Writer

Jan. 28, 1999

So imagine what would have happened if Latrell Sprewell, his coach kvethching to him and making puerile demands that he pass the ball harder, was in New York and decided to ring his coach's neck?

Da guy woulda deserved what he got.

Latrell Sprewell seems to have found a home in New York.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Who did he think he was.

LATRELL SPREWELL HAD JUST one problem when he erupted against his coach, P.J. Carlesimo, more than a year ago in Golden State.

Sprewell wasn't a New Yawka.

That's where they cheer funerals, you know.

How do you know when it's spring in New York?

The crack houses start putting up screens on their windows.

It's not exactly clear, but that New York City symbol on the flag is a chalk body outline.

Sprewell made his first appearance in New York -- in the NBA, in fact -- since trying to kill his coach and was cheered.

And then the game started.

And he was cheered even more.

It helped, of course, that Sprewell poured in 17 points in one quarter and, even though it was an exhibition game, the Knicks defeated their new hated rivals, the New Jersey Nets.

It was a scoring spree.

SPREWELL IS THE PERFECT SUFFIX for his new city, which delights daily in crime-sprees, murder-sprees, just any old spree that is worthy of the front page of the tabloid newspapers.

Spree on another spree.

You can see the headlines now.

Sprewell's big problem was he tried to kill someone while not living in New York.

See, if you do that, people take notice.

They are horrified.

It might be a violation of something genteel, like someone's civil rights.

In New York? Civil rights, schmivil rights.

Hey, ya don't let 'em push ya around.

Sprewell might be the most perfect basketball player ever for New York.

He tried to strangle his coach.

And what guy hasn't thought about that?

THEN A FEW YEARS BACK, TEAMMATE Jerome Kersey was hitting Sprewell hard when he came to the basket.

"Don't do that again, man," Sprewell was reported to have warned Kersey. Kersey explained it was basketball and if you weren't man enough you could leave.

So Sprewell grabbed a two-by-four that was laying near the court and began chasing Kersey.

Technically, that's considered the Brooklyn way of settling a dispute.

When that failed, Sprewell said he was going to get his gun and shoot Kersey.

That is the Bronx method of settling a dispute.

When Kersey went to exit the arena, he spotted about a half dozen of Sprewell's buddies armed with various semi automatic weapons waiting near Kersey's car. Kersey hid in the arena for sometime afterward.

This was the lower East Side method of handling disputes.

There was the time one of Sprewell's attack dogs bit one of his kids.

Was he going to have the dog put to sleep, Sprewell was asked.

Why, Sprewell wondered.

Man's got to have protection.

HE'S ARMED, HE'S GOT KILLER DOGS and is ready to pounce on anyone who would challenge him.

This is a man who defines New York.

Had Sprewell attacked his coach in New York, it might not even have been reported.

Heck, they had John Starks there for years, and you'd swear that was foam coming from his mouth when he'd come out of practice.

And there was Anthony Mason, who seemed to use Knicks' practice like a free base in ring-a-levio, that being a New York game in which the winner is the one who seriously wounds the most people without actually killing them.

That's right. It's a children's' game, which means no casualties yet.

Is there anyone who ever looked guiltier of a crime than Mason?

And these guys became heroes.

Starks was generally known as the guts of the Knicks, although it was unclear if it was because of his guts or someone else's who he might have attacked. Mason was mightily cheered wherever he went, "Mase, Mase," fans usually crowding the courthouse in anticipation of his next appearance.

Sprewell, in his first game since missing more than a year with his suspension for choking Carlesimo and his subsequent law suits against the NBA and then his agent for not having a clause in his contract to protect him against such behavior, was lionized. Patrick Ewing, who took on a union cause to help the players, was booed. Sprewell had 27 points; Ewing had six.

Sprewell is finally home.

Guest Walter

Many of the best in Europe are signed to (long) contracts prohibiting them from playing in the NBA, older than the average draft pick (making them less attractive NBA prospects), are - because the movement is still young - still young players with potential to become much better and not veterans or players in the peak of their career, and/or they have little interest in playing in the NBA.

Take for example the Pg that beat out Kidd for 1st team Olympic Pg two years ago. He has yet to play here and he is maybe the best player in Europe. He was better than Kidd in international play and Kidd, the best Pg in the NBA even then, was 2nd in our MVP voting this year.

Compare foreign players to our domestic best all you like but don't pretend your comparison is without its inherent biases. We invented the sport and have been playing it at a high level for decades. Only since the 1st dream team tore through the Olympics has there been an entire generation in Europe devoted to the sport of basketball, particularly NBA basketball. Since then not only have more and more Europeans chosen basketball as their sport, they have chosen to play with a flare and fearlessness they learned in part emulating our dreamy best.

In short, there are fewer Eurpeans than Americans, even fewer European basketball players, and FAR fewer "Dream Team" generation Euro-ballers. To compare the few that chose to make the plunge into the NBA is to select FROM the best European players (based upon potential) but not to select THE best, it is to select a FAR smaller sample of European prospects from an even smaller pool of NBA-desiring-players, players, and even people, it is to sample them in an environment that favors domestic players almost wholly, etc.

W