• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I have a great TRADE!!!

Nazr/Davis to Philly for Harpring(SNT)/Alvin Jones Jr.

Just thinking about it, what does Philly want most?

They want PF/C help. I think they will trade Deke to maybe Portland for Pippen/Davis/Anderson. If they do, having a guy like Nazr could be very helpful for their team.

Brown likes to tinker and I can see him going defensive with that trade.

But us...

Theo/Jones Jr.

SAR/Hendu/Smith

Harpring/Toni/CC

DJ/Glover

JT/DD

I like harpring.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Harpring too and it would be cool to have him come home and play for the Hawks but is he really that much of an upgrade over Ira or CC? I think that either of those guys can be as effective as Harpring if given the minutes he got. I think CC would probably score just as much and I think Ira defends better. I'd take Harpring if he were the best we could do for something less than the middle class exception but I certainly wouldn't give up Nazr to get him. I think both are better suited to backup roles but I think Nazr has more value simply by virtue of the fact that big men who can actually play a little are harder to come by.

This trade makes worlds of sense to me. Brown has publicly said that he would like to have Nazr back, and that he didnt want to trade him in the first place, but had no choice. Harpring would give us some great offense and hustle and could really take a lot of pressure off of DJ and Ira and would also take some minutes from Toni, which would definitely be good. The big thing that people arent seeing here is Jones Jr. Maybe the best Jones Jr in sports? wink.gif

Anyways, I would love to bring him back to Georgia and have him take Theos spot or shift Theo to PF in 2 years when he is ready. Actually I would take Dalembert from Philly also if they didnt want to get rid of Jones, but I think they like Dalembert better anyways.

Losing Email would open the door for us to either resign JV or bring in Travis Best, which is what I would prefer to do. Talk about bringing guys home lol........Philly could use a guy like Email after they trade Snow/filler for Odom, which is going to happen sooner or later I think.

Nice trade D, definitely a thumbs up from me!

• Admin

When Philly traded us Nazr they had Theo and Todd Mc as Centers who played ahead of him. He had not had a chance to prove that he could play in this league when he came to our roster. He has since done that. Harpring would be a great player for the Hawks IF he could stay healthy.

• Premium Member

If you've never read it, Brown has publicly said that he didn't want to trade Nazr to us. Babs insisted on us getting him as Insurance. Now Nazr might not want to play for Brown, but they'd work that out?

Brown is an idiot. He said that today tommorow he'll complain about nazr's practice habits. Dont Pay any attention to him. If he was running anything in Philly, AI would have probably gotten traded to Sacremento for Jason Williams(GO GATORS) and some of their (sacremento's) EuroTrash maybe even Valde Von Stupple or Peja STOMANOKENAKITKOV

BlackHawkDown, why are u trashing the euro players? I could understand if its some scrub but DIRK NOWITSKI(sp?), PEJA STOYCAVIC (sp?), and Vlade Divac (perfect smile.gif) are very good players.

They have the talent to play in this league. Also Divac (despite his flopping play, hes a very good center. Hes been top 10 center every year. He has a good career going. Sure he flops, but if the calls going his way... i dont see why not? Thats like telling Shaq to shoot further b/c his shots inside are going in or because hes getting fouled when he shoots close. DO WHATEVER WORKS i say. Besides its the refs job to call whether or not he flops, we shouldnt hate on him for that.

But back to my point, whats up with u and the EURO players? Let me guess, u not a big WANG or MING fan either?

What players does Europe have that we can't find a player here to beat or match HotLanta? I really hate this Euro player vs American player crap. The fact of the matter is that they are all pretty good, but Euro player IMO can not beat our top players from America. I am not saying they won't ever be better but there isn't one now that I have seen.

Shaq, Kobe, McGrady,Garnett,Duncan(American IMO). Nowitzki is the only one that may be able to even compete.

Stoacovich would get raped.

I don't hate euro player its just some people worship the ground they walk on. And I have heard you say many times that Jeter is better that ARod because his hits and homeruns matter.

Well what have the Euro players done to deserve your approval SAR? They haven't won squat.

The thing that pisses me off is that people are stereotyping all europlayers as fundmental and great shooters. Well if I was able to judge American players by the percentage of Europlayers in the league then I could say all American players are great shooters.

I will name all the euro players I can think of that are worth anything. Nowitzki, Stoackovich, Turkalou, Tasklidas, Krielinko, Kukoc, Gasol, Romanovich...and others. Now just taking these guys that is not enough players to make one team. We are judging these euro player from a small pool of players compared to Americans. If I take the top 20 Americans I would wager that their shooting percentages are just as good, and if not their scoring is.

I will take any player on my team as long as they can play Euro, American, African, and what ever Tiger Woods claims he is. Lets not get caught up in the hype because we are looking at some of Europes best right here in the NBA. And if they aren't Europes best than I haven't seen any better from there and thats all I can judge from.

Too bad that Euro players cannot play defense. I am a big fan of some of these Euro players, but they cant play defense to save their lives. The great Euro players have never been, and wont anytime soon be able to match up with the great American players......plain and simple

The so called defense teams play these days is overrated.Alot

of players put all they have into defense because they lack

offensive talent.Guys like Stackhouse we consider stars and

they can't make 4 out of 10 shots.That is embarassing for a

supposed to be star.

"Too bad that Euro players cannot play defense."

Do the fans care about defense?No.

"and wont anytime soon be able to match up with the great

American players......plain and simple"

Have you looked at these crummy players coming out of

the draft?They are a joke.

American palyers is loosing it's grip and is becoming less

untalented.Guys like Kenyon Martin going first in a NBA

draft is proof of it.

I dont hate Euro players, even though Dirk is Overarated (he isn't top 10 top 20 or 25 yes). Tony Parker was the second best rookie in the league and Gasol was the fourth. But I am flat sick of this new passion to draft the Czech National team. I still remember for every Drazen Petrovich there are 10 Alexander Volkovs. Besides look at the euroleague websites most of the top player there are former college stars from the US, and a few African players, that were not good enough for the NBA.

I am a immigrant myself so its not a hatred of Europeans that drives my post, its my hatred for fads, when theses Euros drop they will be back in love with high schoolers.

The thing is Hot that those crumy players coming out of college and high school develop into Shaq's McGrady's and Koby's.

And you still haven't answered my above post. Like I said before we are looking at the best of Europe that I know of, and it's a small pool of players I wager there are not enough good euro players to fill out a roster. If you want to say all the Euros are good from 10 or 11 players go ahead but there are 10 times that many american players in the league. So of course the Euros look like everyone of them is good.

It is kind of like those magnet schools who claim they are so good academically. They are good because they take only the best students in to their school and don't have your average students. If you can do that you should have the highest test scores and GPA. Thats about how I feel about the Euro players.

Philly is looking like they will trade:

Deke to Portland for Bonzi/Davis.

Then Send Snow to LAC for Odom.

If so, they will:

1. Have to play AI at PG?

2. Have no need for Aaron McKie.

Being that McKie and Theo are good friends, maybe we can take advantage of their PF weakness and make my deal go through:

Nazr to Philly for Harpring?

or

Nazr to Philly for McKie.

The thing I like about McKie is his tough Defense and he can shoot.

JT/DJ/McKie/SAR/Theo?

Hmm??

Yeah Kenyon Martin is a superstar isn't he?Battier was a lotto

pick but he ain't no Shaq or Kobe.And there is DeSanga Diop.

Or what about that superstar Johnathan Bender?

And you ask what have they won?What has Tracy McGrady won?

The first round of the playoffs?Nope he hasn't won that either.

It's about the american players decline in talent level and that IS

happening.These guys get dumber and struggle to complete the

object of winning basketball....put the ball in the whole.They are

more showboats than actual game.