• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

End of the Year Poll on Your View On Billy Knight

AHF

Quote:

if he gets us Oden or Durant (I don't care if he pulls a rabbit's foot out of his arse to do it), I will be just fine if he sticks around.

What?? If we get lucky and get Oden/Durant, BK did nothing to help that, it's determined by luck. So in other words if BK is lucky as all hell, you think he should stay? But if he doesn't get lucky, then he deserves to go?? How is that justification for him to stay?

Either way, luck or not, he's been a horrible GM and deserves to go. This wasn't part of BK's plan, his plan was to draft nothing but 6'8 forwards and spend 13 million on old backup PGs. If he gets lucky enough to get Oden, it won't be a reflection on him being a good GM, he's STILL horrible, he just got lucky. He'll still screw us in the future.

Your basis for keeping BK is the same as my analogy earlier. If a crackhead is HORRIBLE at being a GM, and he hits the lottery, does that suddenly make him qualified? No and that's how rediculous your post sounds.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great poll. I picked #10. I think he's got to go, but honestly, there's a good chance that his replacement will be worse. The one thing that BK has done reasonably well is cap management (not saying he's done it perfectly, but most GMs in this league spend their money more frivolously) but he's been pretty much a disaster on all other fronts.

we are in today. If we end up with an opening day roster next year of:

Oden/Zaza/Solomon

Smoove/Shelden

Marvin/Chillz

JJ/Salim

Conley (or Law)/Lue/AJ

I don't care how BK got it done, that is a damn good squad. Regardless of how it happened, if a man assembes a roster like that in 4 years, more power to him.

As for your analaogy, if said crackhead can completely dismantle an aging, overpaid, over the cap team and put the above roster on the floor within a 4 year period while keeping the team below the cap, he will have plenty of money to buy more crack because teams will be lining up to hire him to rebuild their franchises!

Quote:

I don't care how BK got it done, that is a damn good squad. Regardless of how it happened, if a man assembes a roster like that in 4 years, more power to him.

This really is as basic as you can possibly look at it. IF this happens, it will be a result of some incredibly good luck, but do the Cavs or the Heat get criticised for being lucky enough to draft guys like LeBron or Wade?

If we get a top 3 pick this year and keep the pick, it's due to some good luck. So the opposite must be true. If we don't get the top three pick, it's a matter of having bad luck.

Just like winning forgives so much, getting lucky does too. If we bring in that roster next season and a contender is born, BK will look like a genius regardless of the way we got there.

It usually takes a good deal of luck to turn a bad team into a good team in a relatively short period of time. BK has made several moves that I have disagreed with but if we end up being a contender over the next few years, his legacy changes dramtically.

I picked the second from the bottom(fb). The second and third choices fb are basically the same thing. The point about backing an incompetent coach is not involved properly in the 4th fb. I don't agree with the first part of the option. That's why I went with the 2nd fb.

• Moderators

Quote:

I picked the second from the bottom(fb). The second and third choices fb are basically the same thing. The point about backing an incompetent coach is not involved properly in the 4th fb. I don't agree with the first part of the option. That's why I went with the 2nd fb.

The bottom 4 options all conclude that Knight should be immediately removed. They just differ slightly on rationale with the bottom choice concluding that Knight did nothing right, the next choice concluding he did a little right, the next choice concluding he did a little more right, the next choice offering a different rationale than simply poor personnel decisions (i.e., hiring and keeping Woodson), etc.

I tried to put statements together so that everyone could find something pretty close to their personal view. The differences between some of them are only differences in shades of grey.

Guest Walter

Quote:

If we end up with Oden and Conley (or Law) in this draft though, in the big scheme of things, did BK really screw up all that bad?

If we win the lottery it isn't because BK intentionally positioned us there. It's because he's a complete [censored] up. You advocate more of the same extreme lottery failure I-F we get another lottery pick? When he's also NEVER built a winning team in his career? Billy KNight a disaster of monstrous proportions. A little unintended luck shouldn't have you forget that.

W

Quote:

Quote:

If we end up with Oden and Conley (or Law) in this draft though, in the big scheme of things, did BK really screw up all that bad?

If we win the lottery it isn't because BK intentionally positioned us there. It's because he's a complete [censored] up. You advocate more of the same extreme lottery failure I-F we get another lottery pick? When he's also NEVER built a winning team in his career? Billy KNight a disaster of monstrous proportions. A little unintended luck shouldn't have you forget that.

W

For some reason he doesn't get that. BK will still screw us in the FUTURE! His argument is like saying, as long as I'm rich, I don't care if I had to kill 10 people and rob 12 banks along the way.

I am shocked that there are so many positive votes for Billy. While he has done a few things right, he has screwed up even more often and seems incapable of dealing with people - the other GMs in getting trades done or the press. Drafting nothing but forwards is just nuts as well. I hope he's gone - but now that the season is over, BK and Woody should be history already. If the owners had their act together, they'd already have decided to let BK and Woody go, have the paperwork in place, and be ready to fire them five minutes after the final whistle. The fact that they are still here tells me that there probably won't be any changes.

I think BK has screwed up a LOT over the years. The only person I would have selected that he selected over the last 5 drafts is Josh Smith and I have gone on record saying that. I have also disagreed with several of the trades that he has made.

Still, REGARDLESS of how he gets us there, if in FOUR years he can take us from the mess we were under Babcock to a line up of:

Oden/Zaza/Solomon

Smoove/Shelden

Marvin/Childress

JJ/Salim

Conley/Lue/AJ (or Speedy)

while keeping us well below the cap and absent any franchise-killing contacts (Speedy's is bad but it won't kill us) that is pretty darn good.

Let me be clear. I am NOT a BK fan, I am a Hawks' fan. I don't care who the GM is once the team takes the floor. If BK puts the above team on the floor next year though, whoever comes in after him will be dealing with a championship caliber team that HE built - even if he built it ass-backwards.

• Premium Member

I think with BK you get a mixed bag.

Positives:

JJ, JSmoove, Zaza.

Keeping the cap low.

Neutrals:

JChillz, AJ, Ivey, Salim, Este. Mike Woodson.

Negatives:

Not getting Paul or Deron.

Lo Wright.

Not enough protection on the 2007 pick.

Not getting enough from PTL in trade.

Not getting enough for JT.

Unknowns:

Marvin, Shelden, Solomon, Andersen, Cenk, Al trade, Speedy.

So I think that we're so young that it's hard to see what we have. I also think we've been miscoached offensively... and that might propel Woody to a negative. However, it's really difficult to Judge BK because we don't know exactly what we have.

Quote:

even if he built it ass-backwards.

LOL. Plus the fact that, if we do have that lineup, there isn't much left to do other than resign some guys and fill out the bench.

If we do get lucky in the lottery and get Oden i think we are pretty much stuck with BK. And i wanted him fired a long time ago.

Quote:

I think with BK you get a mixed bag.

Positives:

JJ, JSmoove, Zaza.

Keeping the cap low.

Neutrals:

JChillz, AJ, Ivey, Salim, Este. Mike Woodson.

Negatives:

Not getting Paul or Deron.

Lo Wright.

Not enough protection on the 2007 pick.

Not getting enough from PTL in trade.

Not getting enough for JT.

Unknowns:

Marvin, Shelden, Solomon, Andersen, Cenk, Al trade, Speedy.

So I think that we're so young that it's hard to see what we have. I also think we've been miscoached offensively... and that might propel Woody to a negative. However, it's really difficult to Judge BK because we don't know exactly what we have.

i would go ahead and put Woodson snd Speedy in the negitve section.

Even if Speedy is heathly next year, he still can't shoot a lick.He gonna end up costing us games in crunch time because

of his horrible jumpshot ,and free throw shooting.

And u all know that, Woody

is not bright enough to make "offense for defense substitutions"((Speedy plays D, we get a stop.. call a timeout , the Put Lue in for offense.

You know things that we have seen good coaches do on good teams.

• Premium Member

That's why Speedy is an unknown.

Over his career he has been a 41.3% shooter.. Mighty Low but he has had a year at 46.2 (playing for the Spurs) and one at 40% playing for the 76ers. He's been all over the place. Last year, he picked up his 3 pt shooting from the misery it used to be. However, aside from his shooting, you don't get Speedy because he's a marksman, you get Speedy because he can run an offense and play defense...

Besides his shooting, he's been a career 4.3 assist and 1.5 steal per game guy in 25 mpg. That's not bad. That's what we need. Especially if he can get up to 12, 5, and 1.5 in 28 mpg like he did for NO..

Quote:

If we do get lucky in the lottery and get Oden i think we are pretty much stuck with BK. And i wanted him fired a long time ago.

I would take that over losing the pick and BK. How about you guys? Most here want BK gone, most want Oden. Which do you want worse?

Quote:

Quote:

I would take that over losing the pick and BK. How about you guys? Most here want BK gone, most want Oden. Which do you want worse?

REGARDLESS, even if we get the pick, BK deserves to go, he has proved to be an absolute delinquent at this job.