• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2007-08 season over. What happens in 09?

TroyMcClure

Seriously, the season is over. No matter how many injuries or how few. I am a homersimpson.gif, but a realist, as well.

Since this thread is for those who actually have a grasp on reality, I ask lascar, coach x, jerry west, mrhonline, northcyde, KB, swatguy and anyone else that thinks this team can have a winning record, to please refrain from posting in this thread. Sorry if I left anyone off of this very impressive list of butt kissers. No worries. Keep making apologetic posts for this mess of an organization and you will find yourself in this esteemed bunch.

Who looks to be available after next year? GM and HC? Since it appears it is just a matter of letting the contracts run out, they should already be looking. Think of all of the loser names in your mind. I'm sure at least half of them are being seriously considered.

Could the court proceedings be at least slightly resolved by the end of next year? I hope so. I pray for Steve Belkin to win. At least there would be resolution to the ASG mess. Nothing could be worse than this. Not having a team is not as bad as this. Not to say that he would move the team. Just that we know how bad the ASG is. All characterizations about how he would run the team are purely speculative.

All things considered, given the choice of ten more years of this, or losing the team and possibly starting over, the choice is obvious.

Is Dupri the new Billy Crystal?(i.e.-we are the new Clippers) except the Clippers were relevant, as they played in the same city as the Lakers and were a running joke. We're not even that. We are a nightmare. Outside of Atlanta, the people that can name 10 players on our roster, are all on this board.

Thank God for Bobby Cox... the Yang to Woody's Yin for the sports fans of Atlanta.

Selah

• Premium Member

I'm with you. This franchise is at an all-time low. I've been with the team since 1979 and the current state of this franchise is in Clippersville.

Belkin needs to win, BK and Woody fired NOW! Until this whole ownership mess is over and the cheap ASG gone we will continue to glow in mediocrity.

Guest Walter

Quote:

Seriously, the season is over. No matter how many injuries or how few. I am a
homersimpson.gif
, but a realist, as well.

No doubt the season is over without a top 2 pick. A top 3 pick would make it interesting but I realize that in the hands of BK and the results at work for Woody, a top 3 pick won't get us enough of the right player in return or be utilized adequately.

Quote:

Since this thread is for those who actually have a grasp on reality, I ask lascar, coach x, jerry west, mrhonline, northcyde, KB, swatguy and anyone else that thinks this team can have a winning record, to please refrain from posting in this thread. Sorry if I left anyone off of this very impressive list of butt kissers. No worries. Keep making apologetic posts for this mess of an organization and you will find yourself in this esteemed bunch.

Amen. Just about anyone who has me on "ignore" nut.gif, incessantly uses LOL, or can't refrain from Beating_A_Dead_Horse_by_livius.gif fits in this crowd or is dangerously closely aligned with it. Back away from it if you are.

Quote:

Who looks to be available after next year? GM and HC? Since it appears it is just a matter of letting the contracts run out, they
should
already be looking. Think of all of the loser names in your mind. I'm sure at least half of them are being seriously considered.

Adelman? Stan Van Gundy? I'm not a Paul Silas fan. GM? I don't keep up with GMs or now who would change teams.

Quote:

Could the court proceedings be at least slightly resolved by the end of next year? I hope so. I pray for Steve Belkin to win. At least there would be resolution to the ASG mess. Nothing could be worse than this. Not having a team is not as bad as this. Not to say that he would move the team. Just that we
know
how bad the ASG is. All characterizations about how he would run the team are purely speculative.

After ready that Mullin "expected" the former career BU Speedy to play only 55 games and STILL payed him that salary, after the decision to retain Woody, and likely BK...I'll take Belkin just as much as I would take ASG and more of the same incompetence. I'm crossing into the middle between the dark side and the incompetent side. I simply don't care about either ownership group winnning out. Frankly, I want both ownership teams to destroy themselves.

W

• Premium Member

Quote:

Theres a difference between optimism, and butt-kissing...

It doesn't count if I respond in white:

Details are just annoyances to be ignored if you're preoccupied with whining.

I must ask - did you see how bad Orlando finished the season? The Hawks could not make any improvements over the offseason other than get healthy, and they would STILL have a chance at the playoffs in the East. That's not an glowing appraisal of Knight's unquestioned genius, it's simply the reality of the NBA landscape.

If the Hawks can shore up one or both of their HUGE holes, they should have a shot at the playoffs.

Quote:

Quote:

Sorry if I left anyone off of this very impressive list of butt kissers.

Theres a difference between optimism, and butt-kissing...

Troy, I am honored to be on your X list.

You poor people. Oh ye of little faith. Throwing the towel in so early. I can't wait to bring this up if we are in a playoff spot next year.

Don't jump on the band wagon of depression. There is still hope. This team will improve simply by maturing age wise without any post season moves and just a little luck injury wise. I'm banking JJ does not join team USA this summer and rest his body up for his best year ever. The season is not lost. Draft a PG or Center and there is still hope, alot of hope in certain minds. As long as the players think this way all is not lost.

2008 better not be lost. We better improve or Smoove is out of here in FA.

Walter, I like your post, but we definately don't alwayse agree. No ignore button here.

I am curious who you would take at #3. There seems no clear cut #3. I guess alot of people think it is Wright from UNC. Too bad he duplictes what we have.

You deserve props, you have a pretty good eye for college talent. I'm interested in knowing who is best for the Hawks at #3, not who is #3 on the talent board. After all there are only a few on the board who really watch alot of college games.

At #3 I'd go Hoford or Hibbert as long as we retain #11 for a PG.

Where would you go ?

Guest Walter

Quote:

Walter, I like your post, but we definately don't alwayse agree. No ignore button here.

I am curious who you would take at #3. There seems no clear cut #3. I guess alot of people think it is Wright from UNC. Too bad he duplictes what we have.

My choices would be:

1a) package and/or trade pick for an established player

1b) trade down for our player of choice at C or Pg (noting that we would fill the other position with the Indy pick) and pick up a mid first next year.

...God help me...tough call

2a) Brandan Wright

2b-3) Horford

I don't know enough about Jianlani (sp?) and while I think Brewer is going to be a better pro than college player, I couldn't go there without a prior trade of MW (packaged) for a Pg or C established. Example: 11th pick and MW for JO.

Wright and Horford are going to be better pros than collegiate players and Wright has some serious up side. If no good trade comes up then draft them and sort things out fast like what Portland did last year. We'd simply have to move MW and/or SW IMO as neither are centers.

Quote:

At #3 I'd go Hoford or Hibbert as long as we retain #11 for a PG.

Where would you go ?

Again, I'd trade down if I could. Otherwise, Wright and settle up quick.

W