• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Half full or half empty ??

Gray Mule

confused.gif

Hawks are not the worst team in the NBA.

Hawks are far from the best team in the NBA.

Hawks are similar to building a house. They are using

new materials (Rookies - youth) for the most part.

The building is incomplete. Pieces are missing. We are

headed for the builder's supply (the draft) for more

material - Then we may shop for some used (vet. players)

to add to the building.

The question is, will we be able to find the parts necessary? Some parts we have in abundance. Some

we don't. Let's hope we find just what we need.

Optimist view: The glass is half full.

Pessimist view: The glass is half empty.

tempted.gif

Quote:

Quote:

Actually the pessimist view would be that the glass is more like 7/8ths empty. Just sayin...

what will some of these people do with themselves when the Hawks start winning?

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Actually the pessimist view would be that the glass is more like 7/8ths empty. Just sayin...

Even successfull teams have their critics. Unless the Hawks win a title there is always going to be criticism. You think Dallas fans aren't criticizing their team right now?

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Even successfull teams have their critics. Unless the Hawks win a title there is always going to be criticism. You think Dallas fans aren't criticizing their team right now?

so the world is full of pessimists, or is it just the pessimists b!tch so loud they drown out the majority?

• Moderators

2-3 years ago we were missing almost every piece. Now we are legitimately just a couple pieces away from winning. I think most posters here believe that or they wouldn't really bother to follow the team.

Like was said in another post how much difference is there between 30 wins and 40 wins. Who thinks that better coaching OR fewer injuries OR a few calls from the refs wouldn't have meant 35-40 wins for this team. That's not an excuse for losing its to illustrate that we aren't losing because we lack talent.

How likely is it that even if we came back with the exact same roster and staff next year that we'd get worse or be the same. Its much more likely we will improve because the players are all getting better individually and as a team. Add a little bit of real nba talent to the mix and the glass is filling up.

• Premium Member

Quote:

confused.gif

Hawks are not the worst team in the NBA.

Hawks are far from the best team in the NBA.

Hawks are similar to building a house. They are using

new materials (Rookies - youth) for the most part.

The building is incomplete. Pieces are missing. We are

headed for the builder's supply (the draft) for more

material - Then we may shop for some used (vet. players)

to add to the building.

The question is, will we be able to find the parts necessary? Some parts we have in abundance. Some

we don't. Let's hope we find just what we need.

Optimist view: The glass is half full.

tempted.gif

The problem we have there is a court injunction against the contractor trying to finish the job! So no money to shop with!

Guest Walter

Quote:

Hold your breath until we are contenders.

Start..........Now.

I didn't think so. you are an "optimist" that wouldn't put a dime or a ounce of credibility behind it. This isn't optimism but sillyness. Are you optimistic JC will remain healthy or be better thna Deng or Iggy? No. Are you optimistic that SW will be better than even Paul Milsap? Maybe. Roy isn't even in view. Are you optimistic MW WILL BE better significantly better than Deron or Paul are now, much less will be? No.

Don't let JS and JJ fool you, this franchise is as bad off as any I've ever seen just about any franchise. We have enough talent to be mediocre, enough incompetence to be lesser mediocre, and not enough power, capital, accountability, etc. to restart this rebuild (without a miracle lottery).

W

Guest Walter

Quote:

Give us that ASG-spin will ya. I'm curious as to what we should be happy about assuming title contention is the aim.

W

For me, the further we get away from the actual season the more optimistic I become. A month ago I wanted everyone fired. Now, I can live with Woody for another year. Having a chance to think things over makes a world of difference. If we land the 1 and 11 picks how would things around here change?

not much. i hope for the best, but realisticly, i don't think we will get the 1 and 11. even if we did, i think we would struggle to get 40 wins. i don't think a greg oden, or any other rookie, would be capable of adding an additional 15 wins on a season and get us into the playoffs. i hope and pray for a great underdog story for the hawks in the coming season, but i don't think that much will change. i don't think we will be any worse, though, either. i would personally give the hawks probably 36 wins in the coming season, give or take about four games depending on the health and who gets drafted. they would have to get something really special through free agency, or possibly trade, to break 40, and with the owners in court, that's not going to happen.