• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Question for ALL of the MCJ at 3 Fans...

Diesel

• Premium Member

Realistically.

Give me your best example of your plan for the #11 pick.

I'm not talking about "Add Marvin and #11 and trade him for Some great player from Parts unknown weight unknown..."

I'm talking about what do you realistically and specifically believe we can do with the 11th pick?

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a Conley backer at #3, and I say if we don't trade the pick, then take the best available player at 11, somewhat irregardless of position. But if Noah is there, grab him. If Hawes is, grab him. In Noah you've got your fiery, high-energy player, and with either one you'd have your project big.

Quote:

there's gonna be nothing but 3/4 type guys(Thad Young,Jeff Green,Al Thorton) avaliable.

Well then take the best available and prepare to trade a forward. No matter what, there are going to be valuable players still on the board at 11. It's pretty much a no-lose situation, unless BK totally fudges up the draft- but I've got a pretty good feeling about it this year. I'm pretty confident we're gonna do ok.

• Premium Member

That's a very interesting take. This is a Forwards draft. Mostly forwards and swingmen. The BPA could be Thaddues Young. Do you take him??

What do you think will happen next year if we come back with an undersized PG who doesn't shoot from outside well and another Sf? Is that what is "best" for the Hawks?

• Premium Member

Which Forward and to which team??

I've been on the soapbox about BK because Sf is a dime a dozen position. There are two problems with your plan.

1. Nobody wants to trade good players for average Sfs.

2. Smoove is the only Sf we have with any trade value. Do you want to trade Smoove just for the hell of it?

• Premium Member

BOOO... BOOO...BOOO...

Let the chips fall where they may?

Here's the problem EDS... Conley is not worth that!!

If it was us getting Oden... OK... BUt even with that, you never let the chips fall where they may in the lottery...

Are you Babcock?

Seriously..

Is EDS some obscure reference to Pete Babcock?

You basically said, grab Conley and hope for somebody tall??

I really hope that some of these other MCJ at 3 fans can come up with something better than

Hope for the best

Let the chips fall where they may

Good tidings

Whatever will be will be

Everything is everything

Doesn't really matter

!

You're joking right?

Quote:

Which Forward and to which team??

I have no idea, Diesel. That's BK's job.

And I could not disagree with you more that Smoove is our only forward with trade value, but I'm not about to argue that point. At any rate, between Marvin, Shelden, Smoove, Chillz, and our draftee at 11- we would presumably have a depth of talent to be able to put together a decent package for hopefully an established defensive big man ala Dalembert or someone of that ilk. He doesn't necessarily need to be a world-beater, just a fricken defensive presence and rebounder in the post. BK just needs to get creative about it.

And for the record, I don't want to trade Smoove either. I wouldn't, unless it were absolutely dead-certain that he won't re-sign with us.

• Premium Member

If nothing else changes.

1. Oden

2. Durant

3. Conley Jr.

4. Grizz = Law. Memphis is in need of a PG and a big

5. Boston = Yi JianLian. Can't see them passing this up.

6. Milwaukee = Corey Brewer or Jeff Green.

7. Minnesota = Noah.

8. Charlotte = Brendan Wright (Hometownee + Wallace insurance)

9. Chicago = Al Horford.

10. Sacramento = Hawes. (Miller missed quite a few games last season. And his numbers have fell off.).

I'll take your position Seano. I do think we will package at least one of the picks and my guess is we trade Chill with the 11 for some inside help. If not, we can go BPA all day at 11 and get a great asset.

The truth is if Splitters contract wasn't such an issue I would go there over Noah or Hawes. Splitter is a fundamentally sound defensive player who would be a major upgrade over what we have now. He needs work on O but that will come around eventually.

If we could buy out the last year of his contract I would take him over anybody. I don't think Noah will be there but I wouldnt mind him terribly although he has issues.

Well if we take Conley and keep him, then you're right- we'll have no shot at Aldridge. But, that doesn't necessarily mean there won't be some decent big men available or made available for the right package. Dalembert was just one example...I'm not some kind of insider and so I really have no idea which players out there might be available.

But to say that getting a decent big is an impossibility, I disagree completely. It is well within the realm of possibility that we could trade for a quality interior presence, if that's what BK wants to do. NO/OK got Tyson Chandler for J.R. Smith and PJ Brown last offseason. There's no reason why we couldn't come up with a package equal to or better than that- and start going shopping and offering it around, seeing what we might come up with.

You've got either Brewer or Green dropping from the top 10. I'd take either of them at #11. Both would be good values there. I'd be willing to bet that both will contribute more in their rookie years than Yi or Wright. Neither would start for us, but neither would Yi or Wright.