• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Question for ALL of the MCJ at 3 Fans...

Diesel

• Premium Member

Law is more proven than Conley Jr. More over, Law can hit outside shots. I don't know what agent is paying these "draft guru" to lie to the average fan, but Conley is not worthy of the 3rd pick of the draft. Plain and Simple. Nor is he better than Law.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hakim Warrick is not in Memphis's future plans.

They do have Rudy Gay at small forward, and Rudy Gay is the ONLY good draft pick Jerry West has made while in Memphis.

Point guard, shooting guard, power forward, and center are all question marks for Memphis.

I highly doubt Memphis will take Acie Law at 4. He simply isn't a top 10 guy in this draft. I can see the Grizzlies taking Al Horford, giving them the big, strong body they need to play alongside Pau Gasol if they decide not to move him.

However, the Grizzlies could reach and take Acie Law at 4, and the pundits at ESPN will glow about how great Jerry West is and about how that's a great pick for the Grizzlies. You let the Hawks do the same thing, and they would get ripped.

• Premium Member

11th and Lue for Heywood.

First off, Heywood makes about 5 million, Lue about 3.5. That's problem #1.

Problem #2.

Heywood is only serviceable. It's like saying 11 and Lue for Al Henderson.

If that was the offer at any time in Hendu's career, wouldn't we have thought it was pretty fair too??

Heywood is in no way worthy of the 11th pick of the draft. You would have done better by saying 11 and change for Magloire.

I am leaning toward Conley because there appears to be no clear cut guy worth the #3 pick. It seems in this years draft we have about 8-10 guys who would normally be worth the 5th overall pick overall. What makes this draft seem special is the fact that we do have about 8-10 guys who would normally each be worth the 5th overall pick overall. Workouts will be important of course and I hope Conley's rookie agent will let him compete in a workout against some other possible pgs. But if the next 8-10 guys continue to remain bunched up after workouts then we should pick for need and select Conley. I agree with you that BK could make some boneheaded deal or that another "leak" could come out weeks before the draft and that "leak" involves the name Brandon Wright.

• Premium Member

That's the problem with you MCJ fans.

You like a small PG with no outside shot (BK).

You don't care about the 11th pick in the draft.

AND

You don't realize that regardless of what happens, there will be no pick next year?? Welfare is OVER...

Diesel doesn't just want Law.

Diesel wants the best value for both Picks...

It's interesting that the MJC fans can't bring up anything worthwhile or realistic to do with the 11th pick.

I would trade #3 in a package for Gasol and take Law or Critt #11...

That my friend is VALUE...

GSUTEKE just wants the flavor of the week.. and he really haven't examined his flavor!!! If he did, he'd find out that Sh-- flavored is nothing to get excited about.

Y

Quote:

That's the problem with you MCJ fans.

You like a small PG with no outside shot (BK).

You don't care about the 11th pick in the draft.

AND

You don't realize that regardless of what happens, there will be no pick next year?? Welfare is OVER...

Diesel doesn't just want Law.

Diesel wants the best value for both Picks...

It's interesting that the MJC fans can't bring up anything worthwhile or realistic to do with the 11th pick.

I would trade #3 in a package for Gasol and take Law or Critt #11...

That my friend is VALUE...

GSUTEKE just wants the flavor of the week.. and he really haven't examined his flavor!!! If he did, he'd find out that Sh-- flavored is nothing to get excited about.

Y

don't insult me. supposedly we have the same interests.

There is NO value at #3 for the Hawks. period.

since there is no value at #3 for the Hawks outside of a trade you have to take the best PG after working them all out since there is no C available.

You don't have to be a jerk Diesel, you just choose to be.

• Premium Member

YOU say that MJC all the way and LET THE CHIPS FALL WHERE THEY MAY with #11... IN other words it doesn't matter what we get.

Then you want to blame the GM for "painting us into a corner" by getting the 3rd and 11th Picks of the draft??

Damn EDS... You are Babcock..

Do you know that we have one of the best case scenerio's for this season?? We retained both our and Indy's picks when we could have lost one or both? Now.. BK's inept and he's painted us into a corner.. BUT You say: Forget the 11th pick, spend it on our 7th Sf in a row... "let the chips fall where they may"...

Come on Babcock...

Trying thinking beyond that first move?

• Premium Member

You don't take a PG because there's a PG in the draft?

That's flawed thinking...

My god? what the hell.

We have 2 picks. There are three PGs. Our team is the worst shooting team in the league and the worst 3 pt shooting team in the league.

Conley Jr. is not the best pick for us. He's undersized and he can't shoot. (BREVIN KNIGHT)...

His drive and dish won't make it to Atlanta. Other than Iverson, there aren't any 6'1" 170lb drive and dish guards.

The reason being is because he'd get Killed. This kid is no Chris Paul.

We can get an Elite player (like Gasol) with our early pick and a PG with 11...

• Premium Member

Quote:

I highly doubt Memphis will take Acie Law at 4. He simply isn't a top 10 guy in this draft.

Can I quote you on this??

I mean, now that you have said it, I expect that you will be saying he's a can't miss in the next 2 weeks!

The thing is, I don't know who is the best value at the 3rd pick right now.

I don't think there is any doubt that Mike Conley Jr. is a true point guard in every sense of the description. He's clearly a pass first point guard that protects the basketball and can run a team. He had a great assist to turnover ratio and assists to field goal attempt ratio on the year. Two things I really like about Conley is his ability to get into the lane and his defense. Conley penetrates a lot, gets a lot of baskets inside, and gets to the free throw line. Due to that, he has a higher true shooting percentage than some would think. About the only thing I don't like about Conley is his inconsistent perimeter shooting ability. Is he value at the third pick? I think the workouts will determine that.

I know absolutely nothing about Yi Jianlian's game other than what I've read, and I've come to realize that you can't believe everything that nbadraft.net, draftexpress.com, and Chad Ford at ESPN tell you. The only thing that I know about Yi Jianlian that doesn't appear to be debatable is that he is 7'1" and weighed in at around 245 pounds recently. Outside of that, I can't tell you if he is a center, a power forward, or a small forward because I have never seen the guy play live. That's the way it is with any international prospect. I know squat about them because I haven't seen them.

If it were me, I would probably take Al Horford with the 3rd pick. I think he may end up being the 3rd best player in the draft, and I think he is going to put up better numbers in the NBA than he did in college. He's got great size and natural skills for his position, and I think he's the best low post defender in this draft period.

I would then take Acie Law at 11. I think Acie Law is going to be a point guard that is similar to Chauncey Billups. He's got size and is somewhat of a combo guard, but he isn't a shooting guard in a point guard's body. Acie can run a team, shoot from the perimeter, get into the lane, and defend. The separation between he and Mike Conley Jr. isn't as large as some want to think, IMO. I think Conley is more pure as a point guard, but I think Acie Law is the better overall shooter.

Quote:

11th and Lue for Heywood.

First off, Heywood makes about 5 million, Lue about 3.5. That's problem #1.

Not a problem since the Hawks are under the cap. And Haywood contract is a major positive, just like Zaza's.

Quote:

Heywood is only serviceable. It's like saying 11 and Lue for Al Henderson.

That is nuts. First of all Haywood actually plays which voids the comparison right there. Secondly he has size and is a legit defender at center, something we don't have on the roster.

And Conley (the undersized pg who can't shoot) scored 18 ppg shooting 50% in the last 4 games of his college career under the pressure of the NCAA tourney.

You have bashed Marvin repeatedly because he didn't step up in the big games during the tournament. Now you are bashing Conley as all hype even though he DID step up big during the tournament.

• Premium Member

I have said over and over again..

I am for gasol at 3, Law/Critt at 11. and my plan B is Yi at 3, Law/Critt at 11.

Many of the people who argue for Conley like to build up scarecrows... and strawmen... LIKE:

Gasol Doesn't play defense? - I don't care, 20/10 is better than what they can find at 11.

Yi is a Sf? I don't care. 7 foot/245 , moves like a gazzell, has good BBIQ, and low post moves such as his hookshot.....

Plan A and Plan B are better plans than Pick Conley and get our 7th Sf in 4 years with 11..

You should care about Gasol being a weak defender, particularly when you are giving up the #3 pick as well as paying his contract out.

If it hasn't sunk in yet during the playoffs that you win championships by playing great defense, then I suppose it never will sink in.

The Hawks MUST dedicate themselves to playing defense, and you don't do that by getting none-defense playing players like Pau Gasol.