• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

This is why people like Acie Law...

mrhonline

• Premium Member

...he's a gamer:

Denver Post

Quote:

Ohio State guard Mike Conley Jr. is widely considered the best point guard in the draft, but Texas A&M's Acie Law IV doesn't think so. He has a different player in mind. "I think I'm the best point guard, cut and dried," said Law, who averaged 18.1 points and 5.0 assists, leading the Aggies to the NCAA Sweet 16 this past season. "Conley's a great player, I'm not taking anything away from him. He led his team to the national championship. ... But I think he had a lot more help than I did. We're going to get the chance to work out against each other, and we'll prove it on the floor."

• Premium Member

Quote:

We're going to get the chance to work out against each other, and we'll prove it on the floor."

I betcha Camp Conley is scrambling right now to make sure that they have no workout dates in common with Law. And if they do, he wants to make sure no press is available.

NO mocks have Law going ahead of him so all he can do is lose ground. If we pretend to be interested in Law over Conley at 3, that will allow POR to try to make a deal with another team to land Conley. Conley is sitting in a GREAT position right now.

• Premium Member

I don't think Conley can sit too smuggly though. If Law starts to pick up press, Conley can drop like a hot potato. Moreover, the rumor that Portland wants Conley was started by his dad to improve his standings. The Portland braintrust has already said that they are not interested... and can you imagine... They have Sergio and Jack and can get Blake.

Law better get a lot quicker in the next two weeks cause his defense is suspect and Conley is quick as hell. Talk is cheap. If you got something, shut your mouth and deliver it in person.

I don't want a talker. I want a player. All he did was stoke Conley. Law better get ready for an ass whooping cause I've seen his defense and it needs work. Thats why I'm for Conley....he plays D.

Quote:

Law better get a lot quicker in the next two weeks cause his defense is suspect and Conley is quick as hell. Talk is cheap. If you got something, shut your mouth and deliver it in person.

I don't want a talker. I want a player. All he did was stoke Conley. Law better get ready for an ass whooping cause I've seen his defense and it needs work. Thats why I'm for Conley....he plays D.

Pete, Acie will be more than ready for the challenge. The Big 12 isn't a chop liver conference ya know. Acie's D might be suspect, but we KNOW that Conley's jumper is highly suspect.

That's why anybody saying, including Acie, that either guy is head and shoulders above the other, really haven't watched either guy play.

I mean, it's like choosing between Chris Paul and Deron Williams. Up until the playoffs, almost everybody would've taken Paul. But Deron has proven that he may be even better than Paul. Still, both guys are very close to each other.

Quote:

but I don't love Conley either. I think both have significant question marks that I hope can be mostly answered in workouts.

They each have one question mark ?

Law - is he quick enough to keep guys like Conley in front him when playing on the ball defense. (Is there any one quick enough to keep Conley infront of them ?)

Conley - can he shoot good enough to keep the defense honest.

Those are the only questions marks I can think of that would be answered in work outs.

Too bad they can't play a 5 on 5 scrimmage to test Law's floor vision with competent teamates and see Conley as a blur in the open court running by guys on fast breaks.

Law isn't just talking, he is ready to prove it on the floor. You don't know if Conley will give Law an Ass whooping. If he felt Conley would run circles around him he wouldn't even challenge him to a workout.

Quote:

Law isn't just talking, he is ready to prove it on the floor. You don't know if Conley will give Law an Ass whooping. If he felt Conley would run circles around him he wouldn't even challenge him to a workout.

Ya, there is no defense when can shoot like Law. I anticioat both ofthem scoring left and right against one another.

That will test their competitive spirits (Yi's major question mark is this ). Too bad it does little to test their abilities as true floor general in 5 on 5 game.

The thing is we have seen what they do as floor generals.

Man on man defense for Law and shooting ability for Conley will be looked at under the microscope.

No, Law IS talking. Talk is cheap. When you talk you are trying to trump yourself up BEFORE you prove anything.

His best course is to keep his trap shut and deliver on the court. He isn't Magic Johnson or Isaih.

In his situation, he needs to just play ball. There have been a lot of players whose bodies couldn't cash the check delivered by their big mouths. If he is that good and the best PG...show it. Then we will all know he is the one.

It is not just Law's lateral quickness that concern's me. His overall athleticism has me concerned. I want to see him in one on one and two on two situations. I want to see how he handles the ball against a full court press. Can he go left as well as he goes right? Can he get all the way to the rim and finish?

That said, my biggest concerns are whether or not he can adequately distribute the ball and whether or not he can run a team. I don't know if workouts can answer those questons but they should be able to give BK a "feel" for whether he can do it at the NBA level.