• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

BK Please hear me... MW/#3 for Aldrich/Sergio

Diesel

• Premium Member

Sure BK has to swallow hard... But this is the best move for the Hawks...

Here's Diesel's offseason plan.

MW/#3 for Sergio/Aldridge.

#11, Draft Law or Critt... Prolly Critt.

IN FAcy...

Our starting lineup:

C-Shelden.

PF = Aldridge

Sf = Smoove

SG = JJ

PG = Sergio.

Bench = Critt, Salim, JC, Solomon, Zaza, Speedy, AJ, Lue, and Lo.

Somewhere along the way, BK has to trade Lue, Speedy, Lo, or Salim in some combination for a player.

Phoenix has to drop salary. Maybe we can work out a deal for our pick back?

Maybe we'd be so kind to do a AJ/Salim/2nd(2008) for Banks/1st(2008). But we can't take back Diaw. Well, we could, but sometimes you have to lay in the bed you made.

I'm not sure why he wants Sergio over Jarrett either. Jarrett plays defense. Sergio plays Pau Gasol's olay defense. People continue to ignore defense with these trade ideas. It's like it hasn't sunk in that the only way this team is going to become a championship caliber team is to become a much better defensive team. Two of the top 5 defensive teams in the NBA are going to be playing for the championship, and it's been this way for a long time.

Defense = Championships

Quote:

Why are there so many repeated post about
Aldridge
when they have said in no uncertain terms that he is not gonna be traded.

glad someone got his name right. i'm no spelling bee champ (far from it), but i think that if you really want a player bad enough, you should at least be able to spell his name. seriously, it's not some f'ed up eastern block player we're talking about here.

sorry, pet peeve got the best of me.

• Premium Member

Sergio is 6'3 and has much better passing skill than JJ. Also, I think if we get Law or Critt, having Sergio would be a very good mentor for either.

Mainly though, with Smoove, Shelden, and Aldridge maning our frontcourt, we will need a PG who is able to give the players the ball in their spots. I think Sergio will committ less turnovers than Jack.

Guest Walter

Quote:

The third pick alone is too much for the combo of them (Aldridge/Jack), IMO.

Nevermind how much of a headstand that is from your prior "BPA at all costs, even Paul or Deron" montra or the SW over Roy about-face, do you really think that Conley is > Aldridge/Sergio?

W

• Premium Member

The PTL braintrust are lying about a lot of stuff.

#1. They want Conley Jr. If Oden wants Conley Jr, it's prolly a really good idea for them too. Before the draft, PTL was rumored to be the front runner for Steve Blake. That suggests to me that they are not really happy with what they have. From a coaching standpoint, Conley Jr. already knows Oden like the back of his hand. They play a lot of pick and roll.

#2. For all the reports about trading Zebo, why would PTL now trade Zebo when they finally have a young running C to play along with Zebo. Remember Zach Randolph is a 24/10 player. That's a very rare commodity. Unless they can get back Lewis.. it makes no sense to trade Randolph... Moreover, it doesn't look like anybody in the league wants Randolph's contract. The only real suitor I see is Chicago and they are tied up with Phoenix. I mean, given the choice who would you take Randolph or Amare Stoudamire?

#3. IF they were to get a Sf and the 3, like Marvin (who is from nearby Seattle) They could easily be structured for the future.. PTL has Miles who may be medically retired. They have Webster who is nothing but a BU SG. Marvin is a guy who could be a prototypical Sf that they could get and not miss getting a guy like Brewer or Green. I think PTL would do it.

Quote:

The third pick alone is too much for the combo of them, IMO. If we are asking for Aldridge, Jack, and Portland's '08 first round pick, then this deal is a tremendous step down in value.

My point is that everyone is vastly over valuing what the 3rd pick is worth. It happens on all of the boards. The teams proposing the trades ask for far more than what is reasonable. And I realize that is where you have to start. But Port has come and said flatly that Aldridge is not up for trade. Yet the proposals persist.

I like the trade - and I'm a Marvin fan. I think he'd do better on a team with a coach and a change in scenary. Aldridge and Sergio would really help the Hawks. I'd also prefer Sergio over Jack - but Jack has local ties and some would like him for that.

But I doubt Aldridge is on the block -- they'd part with Randolph in a heartbeak, but Aldridge ....

Quote:

The PTL braintrust are lying about a lot of stuff.

#1. They want Conley Jr. If Oden wants Conley Jr, it's prolly a really good idea for them too. Before the draft, PTL was rumored to be the front runner for Steve Blake. That suggests to me that they are not really happy with what they have. From a coaching standpoint, Conley Jr. already knows Oden like the back of his hand. They play a lot of pick and roll.

#2. For all the reports about trading Zebo, why would PTL now trade Zebo when they finally have a young running C to play along with Zebo. Remember Zach Randolph is a 24/10 player. That's a very rare commodity. Unless they can get back Lewis.. it makes no sense to trade Randolph... Moreover, it doesn't look like anybody in the league wants Randolph's contract. The only real suitor I see is Chicago and they are tied up with Phoenix. I mean, given the choice who would you take Randolph or Amare Stoudamire?

#3. IF they were to get a Sf and the 3, like Marvin (who is from nearby Seattle) They could easily be structured for the future.. PTL has Miles who may be medically retired. They have Webster who is nothing but a BU SG. Marvin is a guy who could be a prototypical Sf that they could get and not miss getting a guy like Brewer or Green. I think PTL would do it.

You've got it all figured out eh! ROTFLMAO! Please, besides me cutting and pasting a few things from the oregonian online you don't know a damn thing about portland bball. They will make every effort to trade Randolph, particularly now since he has had his career season. He just had his career season and with his contract ballooning to 15 million per year next year it is now or never! If they do not end up trading him it will not be due to lack of effort.

And I just love the fact that you think so highly of Marvin all of a sudden in that you are packaging him in your ridiculous fantasy trades!

Pritchard has a ton of options with a ton of players, and come draft day he may speak with the hawks again. May.

But Aldridge is not being traded to the Hawks! Willing to make a little wager on this one Diesel?