• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Anyone warming up to Noah as a Hawk?

hawkman

• Premium Member

I have to admit that I was indifferent to Noah at first, but my feelings have chaged a little lately. Looking at his measurements and workout results, he actually looked quite good. He's actually battle tested and not so much of an unknown like other big men in this draft not named Oden. He's quick, stronger than I expected, and can surprisingly jump out of the gym. Not to mention that he has the fire that this team really needs. He could very well turn out to be a Marcus Camby type for us. True, he won't be a high scorer at the center position but he has shown that he can hold the pivot by rebounding and blocking shots. I know many will disagree but I have to admit that I am warming to the thought of possibly trading down and somehow ending up with both him and Crittenton/Law. crazy.gif

I have to agree. I didn't want anything to do with him earlier in the year but i've changed my position. If we could somehow end up with Conley and Noah, I think this would be an excellent draft. Noah is the closest thing to a legit defensive center left in the draft after Oden which we clearly need. Noah and Smoove down low could be nasty!

Quote:

I'm, he showed he isn't terribly weak, and I love his motor! He's also a legit 7 footer, he would make a better #3 pick then Conely. Here they come, to find a way to bash Noah, like they have Wright, Yi, Horford, Crittenton, Law.

He's going to be a good bench player...Similar to Chillz...Just watch him play.

He is a good help defender, rebounder, and is good in transition.

He cannot create points on his own at all on offense, gets knocked around in the post on defense (please watch him play vs. the 6'4 Dane Bradshaw, PF from Tennessee...He pushes him around all game...It's sad).

He would be a nice player to bring some energy off the bench or put at PF if the rest of the team is stellar (see Phx. Suns), but he is certainly not worth the #3 pick

good post hawkman...i too feel that trading down a few spots to get him OR if we get lucky and can get him with #11(or trade up) will be perfect for us......most of us have agreed that besides a point, we need a DEFENSIVE center and noah provides that...anyone with that kind of fire will not just allow themselves to be pushed around...they will lift weights or whatever it takes to get them to where they need to be..

he does have great hands and good passing skills also....

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

I'm, he showed he isn't terribly weak, and I love his motor! He's also a legit 7 footer, he would make a better #3 pick then Conely. Here they come, to find a way to bash Noah, like they have Wright, Yi, Horford, Crittenton, Law.

He's going to be a good bench player...Similar to Chillz...Just watch him play.

He is a good help defender, rebounder, and is good in transition.

He cannot create points on his own at all on offense, gets knocked around in the post on defense (please watch him play vs. the 6'4 Dane Bradshaw, PF from Tennessee...He pushes him around all game...It's sad).

He would be a nice player to bring some energy off the bench or put at PF if the rest of the team is stellar (see Phx. Suns), but he is certainly not worth the #3 pick

Bench player? I don't think so. The size and athleticism of a Solomon Jones coupled with point forward like skills and a high b-ball IQ is what I see. As far as him getting "pushed around" by a smaller and perhaps stronger player, that's all about leverage. Leverage is a smaller player's best weapon against a taller, longer player. That doesn't fly in the NBA. You're not going to see any 6'4" centers in the NBA. Most of the guys Noah will face will be just as tall and may only have a few pounds on him. I'm starting to think that Noah may be the victim of an "anti-hype" kind of situation. He was hyped as the undisputed #1 prospect last season but chose to stay in college. He essentially brought the same things to the table this season but his game was literally picked apart during that time. Opinions tend to go from one extreme to the other in the world of pro basketball. Noah is evidence of this. He went from being very much overrated last season to underrated this season. ADVANTAGE:HAWKS!!!

I've tried to shy away from Horford and Noah at the expense of being a Noah so I've flip flopped from Yi to Wright back to Yi back to Wright.

But I realize that Horford and Noah are actually the best two prospects for this team.

And with Noah's length and athleticism, he is actually the best prospect.

Not only is he a talented guy but he brings ENERGY. Noah could light a fire under Smoove which is scary because an amped up Smoove every night is an ALL-STAR caliber one.

Noah surprised me with his athleticism and so did Acie Law.

Acie Law

Joe Johnson

Marvin Williams

Josh Smith

Joakim Noah

I'd wager a whole lot of money we'd make the playoffs as soon as next year.

Quote:

I have to admit that I was indifferent to Noah at first, but my feelings have chaged a little lately. Looking at his measurements and workout results, he actually looked quite good. He's actually battle tested and not so much of an unknown like other big men in this draft not named Oden. He's quick, stronger than I expected, and can surprisingly jump out of the gym. Not to mention that he has the fire that this team really needs. He could very well turn out to be a Marcus Camby type for us. True, he won't be a high scorer at the center position but he has shown that he can hold the pivot by rebounding and blocking shots. I know many will disagree but I have to admit that I am warming to the thought of possibly trading down and somehow ending up with both him and Crittenton/Law.
crazy.gif

Noah is not bad. If your thinking of him as a center there is a reason UF started Hoford at C and Noah at PF. There is a reason it was Hoford and not Noah playing Oden in the championship game.

Noah is a a help defender like J. Smith or T. Chandler.

J Smith would not pair up as well with Noah as he would with Hoford in my opinion.

If your happy with ZaZa starting at center and think Smith at PF does not work, then maybe you take Noah.

I just can't argue against the guy who is 2nd in the NBA in blocks 2 years running and is only 21/PF.

Quote:

Noah is not bad. If your thinking of him as a center there is a reason UF started Hoford at C and Noah at PF. There is a reason it was Hoford and not Noah playing Oden in the championship game.

Noah is a a help defender like J. Smith or T. Chandler.

J Smith would not pair up as well with Noah as he would with Hoford in my opinion.

If your happy with ZaZa starting at center and think Smith at PF does not work, then maybe you take Noah.

I just can't argue against the guy who is 2nd in the NBA in blocks 2 years running and is only 21/PF.

I think it's the opposite. I think Josh Smith would be a PERFECT compliment for Noah. And vice versa because we need that 7 footer downlow. All teams in the past with successful frontcourts that consist of a 6'9 player have that 7 footer down low.

That 7 footer doesn't have to be the best defender, but he has to be there.

I think Diesel made a list one time to show this.

But with that said, I think Horford and Smoove could still work.

• Premium Member

Hortford is known for his skills and b-ball IQ, but I think he is not that far off from Shelden Williams. True, he is a little taller, but I have a hard time thinking of him as an NBA center. He's big, strong, and talented but I think of him as more of a PF than a Center. I couldn't rationalize us picking up another forward. Noah is a post player who doesn't mind playing the post. He does have an awful looking jump shot though. He'll need to hit that shot on a consistent basis in the league to be effective, but I think he will turn out a lot better than I originally thought.

Nope.

In fact, I can't take seriously anyone advocating him at #3. Hell, I don't even want him at 11 (because I like players I can actually CHEER for, not despise), but realize he would be the obvious choice if he fell (I would just blame all our problems on him, even if they weren't his fault).

You really want a team with Shelden Williams AND Noah?

C'mon, how on earth can you cheer for that team. Maybe we should just trade joe johnson for cassell, draft chase "the ginger" budinger next year, trade josh smith for charlie "hairless" villanueva, trade marvin for that weird looking Herrman dude on Charlotte, AND HAVE THE ALL-UGLY NBA TEAM!

Seriously, [censored] Joakim Noah. We already have one over-hyped, ugly-ass college star (but NBA bench player) in Shelden Williams. Please no more. Please.

End rant.

]

Come on....

Chemistry wise you need a strong guy to body up and get good position defense vs. the Duncans, Garnetts, Gasols, Boshs, of the league to compliment a help defender like

(Smoove).

That is why Hoford was a center at UF and Noah was the PF.

Our holes are PG and C.

Hoford improves the C position.

#11 goes to PG.

At the same time I see the logic in going Conley at #3 b/c he has potential to be a special star type PG. I am not sure Noah will ever be better then Chandler. Hoford on the other hand could turn out nicely b/c he is good at both ends of the floor.

• Premium Member

Quote:

probably because of the combine results.

True, but I never thought the guy was complete garbage like some around here suggested. Looking at his combine results, I have to admit that I was pleasantly surprised. He was a lot stronger than I thought he would be. He was more athletic and a lot quicker than I thought he would be. I think he kinda got a bad rap this year. I'm starting to think that Noah's situation could be similar to that of a Charlie Villanueva(sp?). Someone who appears to have the tools but gets overlooked due to unrealistic expectations in college. In Noah's defense, he played on a GREAT team which probably limited his chance to "shine" on an individual level.

Quote:

Nope.

In fact, I can't take seriously anyone advocating him at #3. Hell, I don't even want him at 11 (because I like players I can actually CHEER for, not despise), but realize he would be the obvious choice if he fell (I would just blame all our problems on him, even if they weren't his fault).

You really want a team with Shelden Williams AND Noah?

C'mon, how on earth can you cheer for that team. Maybe we should just trade joe johnson for cassell, draft chase "the ginger" budinger next year, trade josh smith for charlie "hairless" villanueva, trade marvin for that weird looking Herrman dude on Charlotte, AND HAVE THE ALL-UGLY NBA TEAM!

Seriously, [censored] Joakim Noah. We already have one over-hyped, ugly-ass college star (but NBA bench player) in Shelden Williams. Please no more. Please.

End rant.

WHo the hell cares what the players look like?

The Florida Gators were pretty much a circus.

Green, Noah, Humphrey, and Brewer made Al Horford look like a Model.

But guess what? We won two NCAA titles. First team ever to win back to back titles with same starting 5.

Who the hell would care about looks that much?

Should Greg Oden not be picked 1st overall because of his looks?

That's probably the stupidest thing I've ever heard.