• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I wish Jaywalker could have attended Yi workout

Guest Walter

Guest Walter

Jaywalker was our best scouting source at one time. I miss the guy and his insight. Would have been great to have it about Yi.

W

Quote:

Jaywalker was our best scouting source at one time. I miss the guy and his insight. Would have been great to have it about Yi.

W

I'll tell you what'll happen in the work out. All the guys from the Hawks organization will see what Noah saw and will go nuts about Yi. The news will come out. The owners will see the commercial appeal of Yi. JJ's agent will realize that JJ will get all the Chinese votes for the all star game for the rest of the decade. BK will have no choice even if he wants to skip Yi just to screw Belkin.

• Premium Member

Your article was as usual fair and balanced. I could have sworn back on realgm when that went down that someone had another article linked about it that had Luke Jackson's camp complaining about "internet reports" that were "poisoning" his draft status or something along those lines.

Quote:

Your article was as usual fair and balanced. I could have sworn back on realgm when that went down that someone had another article linked about it that had Luke Jackson's camp complaining about "internet reports" that were "poisoning" his draft status or something along those lines.

apparently luke poisoned himself because he's not playing anymore...where the hell is he anyway?

Quote:

Quote:

apparently luke poisoned himself because he's not playing anymore...where the hell is he anyway?

He had major back surgery his rookie year in Cleveland and never got into the rotation. He hooked up with Toronto this past season and had his first 20 pg game.

Good to see ya' keepin' in touch. Do you mind filling us in on some Magic news ?

What are the vibes in Orlando with the Donnovan / Van Gundy flip flop? Seems the Magic ended up with a heck of a coach who has proven himself at the NBA level.

Was curious if you have heard anything on the Darko & Hill situaions ?

Seems if the Magic keep Darko (for the right price) and get a atheletic wing they would be pretty set. The national rumor is the Magic is hot to trot for R. Lewis.

Lewis / Howard / Darko is a mean front court, especially if Hill can you 25 minutes a night off the bench at this point in his career.

With Howard being an Atlanta native, alot of us are interested in the Magic and pull for them.

Quote:

Quote:

That fall Cleveland traded Jackson, along with an undisclosed amount of cash, to the Boston Celtics in return for center Dwayne Jones, but was waived before the 2006-07 season started on October 27.

Recovered from his injuries, Jackson signed with the Idaho Stampede of the NBADL. Jackson averaged 12.5 points, 2.3 rebounds and 3.2 assists in 30.8 minutes in six games with Idaho, gaining attention of the injury rattled Los Angeles Clippers. He signed to a 10-day contract in January 2007 with the Clippers, but his stay in Los Angeles was brief, appearing in only three games.

On March 25, 2007, Jackson was signed to a 10-day contract by the Toronto Raptors to provide bench depth. After performing well in limited minutes, he was signed to a second ten-day contract and then to a two year pact with Toronto for the rest of the 2006-2007 NBA season, and the 2007-08 season as well.

On April 18, 2007, in Toronto's last game of the regular season, Jackson exploded for a career-high 30 points and 5 assists while logging a career maximum 39 minutes in a defeat to the Philadelphia 76ers.

Thanks for all the good words fellow Hawk watchers...

Since I am no longer associated with covering either the Hawks or the Magic, I don't want my opinions to be confused with the truth I brought from the Hawks locker room/practice floor all the time.

I did give my take when I watched the team play in Orlando last season, and I think those opinions have stood up well.

So here come some more:

Yi...I have never watched him play. I agree with Walt in that I wish I could have watched him work out, but as we know, it would be hard to get me into a NBA workout...I simply can't pucker up like everyone else can.

Yi intrigues me in that he seeeeems not to be docile like Yao and Dirk, but has real talent, but I haven't watched him at all to make an assessment of the man's chances.

I would hope that we (the Hawks) have come a long way since 2001, when we passed on Tony Parker because we didn't know if he could play in the NBA. I would hope our scouting has improved overseas since then.

Conley doesn't overwhelm me like Paul and Deron did in college. Conley looks like a solid PG, but I wouldn't want to reach to pay a two year old debt. It's a sunk cost, and let's move on.

I do agree that it seems like the difference between the talent in big men at 3 and 11 is greater than the talent difference between 3 and 11 at point guard.

I really hope we do not trade the #3 pick. All you are getting is someone else's damaged goods. Make your own star with a pick. I thought the Reef trade was sweet when we made it, and it would have been had we taken Parker, but without Parker, it's a stinker. Reef was completely healthy and was still a stale 19/9 game.

As for the Magic, I wouldn't expect Grant Hill to go to another team, either as a player or management. And Darko had been happy about Billy Donovan, but in the end, I think the Magic got the better pro coach in Van Gundy, who got the Heat to the playoffs with some excellent team basketball the year before Shaq came in the league.

Quote:

Yep, Pete told me that they really wanted to draft Tony, but wasn't sure about his viability in the NBA. It was different even in 2001 in regards to international scouting.

Besides the Rider deal, he remarked that this was his next big regret.

What is your thoughts on Brandan Wright?

Quote:

Yep, Pete told me that they really wanted to draft Tony, but wasn't sure about his viability in the NBA. It was different even in 2001 in regards to international scouting.

Besides the Rider deal, he remarked that this was his next big regret.

If your talking about Tony Parker I don't think he would have been good on the Hawks, the way TD mediates and Pop's quick passing offense allow Parker to penatate to the basket at will. Sure he is fast, but so was JT and more skilled then Parker at that time. Parker fit the SA system, no way would he have fit Atlanta system with SAR, Big Dog, and JT. It not to his streghts in Atlanta system he needs a bigman to to take pressure off of him, I think Babcock biggest screwup was when Dermarr Johnson got in the wreck. He was improving vastly and was looking like being the future face of this team once SAR and crew was gone, but the wreck mess that up.