• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

SI mock

Bulldog

Quote:

I think people are just insulting BK's intelligence with these mock drafts.

I've seen a ton of ridiculous combos like Hawes and Wright and like this one.

No way do we come out of this draft without a PG

oddly, he gives BK props on the talent he drafts and says we need a point but puts a forward in the mock draft..and the #11 spot he even says something like IF we don't get a point, then that forward BK would pick.....weird, it's like he's jut putting it there because has picked forwards in the past.

INSIDEHOOPS.COM 2007 NBA MOCK DRAFT

Updated June 11. For player descriptions, scroll down.

1. Portland -- Greg Oden (Ohio State) 7-0, 245, C, Freshman

2. Seattle -- Kevin Durant (Texas) 6-9, 215, SF, Freshman

3. Atlanta -- Brandan Wright (North Carolina) 6-9, 200, F, Freshman

4. Memphis -- Al Horford (Florida) 6-9, 240, PF, Junior

5. Boston -- Joakim Noah (Florida) 6-11, 230, F/C, Sophomore

6. Milwaukee -- Julian Wright (Kansas) 6-8, 225, SF, Sophomore

7. Minnesota -- Mike Conley Jr. (Ohio State) 6-1, 180, PG, Freshman

8. Charlotte -- Jeff Green (Georgetown) 6-9, 235, F, Junior

9. Chicago (from NY) -- Spencer Hawes (Washington) 6-11, 235, PF, Freshman

10. Sacramento -- Acie Law (Texas A&M) 6-3, 183, PG, Senior

11. Atlanta (from Indiana) -- Yi Jianlian (China) 7-1, 235, C/PF

Yi at 11 is definately different. Don't think there is any way he falls that far.

• Moderators

The SI mock would be apocolyptically bad for this team.

The insidehoops mock would be insane but I would be willing to take two more forwards if they were Wright and Yi.

Quote:

The insidehoops mock would be insane but I would be willing to take two more forwards if they were Wright and Yi.

How a rational guy such as yourself would be ok with us getting no PG and taking Wright is beyond me.

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

How a rational guy such as yourself would be ok with us getting no PG and taking Wright is beyond me.

There is no way that I want Wright at #3 but I would be very confident we could move someone for a PG at the level of Acie Law. I would look at that draft like we drafted Yao at #3 and then Wright was on the board at #11. I think Wright does have the potential to be a star and would be happy to move Childress for Jack or something along those lines if we took Wright at #11 over a young PG.

Frankly, if we are looking to take Critt we aren't going to have a young NBA PG who can start for us for some time anyway.

I just think Yao is a reasonable option at #3 and that Wright would be fantastic value at #11.

I would not be OK if we had that draft and didn't make a trade in the offseason. But acquiring Calderon or Jack or some other real PG would be enough to make me OK with this.

It is really an assessment of me saying that I would be OK with taking Brandon Wright over Law/Critt at #11.