• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

bernie interview on 790

atlien110

Quote:

The same Andre Iguodala that put up 18.2ppg 5.7apg 5.7rpg 2.0spg this past year, While leading his team to a better record than the Hawks.

Iguodala put up those numbers? Nah, a team that has constant trouble scoring like ours wouldn't need a guy like that, wouldn't we? Not when we have a glue guy who can't create his own shot..... ices_rofl.gif

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Versus the same Josh Childress who can't create his own shot without help? The same Josh Childress who couldn't stay in the starting lineup on a 26-win team? The same Josh Childress whose been in the league three years and STILL can't pull and fire from 15-18 feet without being wide ass open? The same one who the league views as a 6th man/role player and nothing more???

Good grief.... doh.gif

Quote:

There is not ONE GM that would prefer Chill to Iggy.

Stop your worthless BK a$$ licking.
smack.gif

you got some serious issues.

who the hell is defending bk? all i was doing was trying to reason as to why he picked who he picked in that draft. did i ever say chills was better than iggy? no. so stop coming to your own conlcusions.

i said chills was more of a sure thing while iggy had great upside. but if he was going to draft a project with great upside at 15 in josh smith, a hometown kid by the way, why pick up two players in the exact same mold. who both had the potential to be busts or turn out to be all stars. chills was more versatile and from his college career one could assume that he was ready to come into the nba and contribute.

i was cursing at the tv when chills was picked so don't tell me i'm kissing anyones ass.

Quote:

Quote:

There is not ONE GM that would prefer Chill to Iggy.

Stop your worthless BK a$$ licking.
smack.gif

you got some serious issues.

who the hell is defending bk? all i was doing was trying to reason as to why he picked who he picked in that draft. did i ever say chills was better than iggy? no. so stop coming to your own conlcusions.

i said chills was more of a sure thing while iggy had great upside. but if he was going to draft a project with great upside at 15 in josh smith, a hometown kid by the way, why pick up two players in the exact same mold. who both had the potential to be busts or turn out to be all stars. chills was more versatile and from his college career one could assume that he was ready to come into the nba and contribute.

i was cursing at the tv when chills was picked so don't tell me i'm kissing anyones ass.

LOL he wasn't talking about you smirk.gif

Check the numbers, KB. Childress couldn't match Iguodala's stats in a wet dream last year, let alone Deng's, who was a 19/7 guy and shot a higher % from the field. There aren't enough things that Childress could do better that doesn't go on a boxscore to match.

You can't win this argument; check that, you WON'T win this argument.

Guest Walter

Quote:

BK has told the season ticket holders about not always listening to the media because for instance they passed on a highly regarded player due to a "hot spot" in his foot that had given him problems and they thought would flare up again based on X-rays or MRIs and such. We had speculated that it could be Paul, but I guess Bernie just let it out that it was Deng then.

Total BS. This is ass coverage. Hell, we went out and signed Speedy for more than his market value and 4 years when we KNEW he was chronically injured and only anticipated to play "55 games" per ownership. "Hot spots" my ass. These "hot spots" are on the bums of BK and the ownership who continues to endorse him.

Childress had an actual history of a stress fracture! That's worse than any GD "hot spot" whatever the [censored] that is! Now Childress has had THREE stress fractures? What has Deng had in many more MPG? More "hot spots"??!? Whoever falls for this lame ass excuse making is just a plain ol' sucker. Suckers.

W

Guest Walter

Quote:

What's stupid is saying the Hawks blew the pick.

...IS BLOWING THE PICK!

KB, you have the choice of 3 women. One is Jessica Alba, one is Nicola Charles, the last one is Drew Barrymore. They're all beautiful women but clearly two are more beautiful than Drew Barrymore. If you somehow get stuck with Drew Barrymore while your friends are all over Alba and Nicola, despite you having first choice of the only three women in the bar, you would feel like you blew the pick.

W

Quote:

Total BS. This is ass coverage. Hell, we went out and signed Speedy for more than his market value and 4 years when we KNEW he was chronically injured and only anticipated to play "55 games" per ownership. "Hot spots" my ass. These "hot spots" are on the bums of BK and the ownership who continues to endorse him.

Childress had an actual history of a stress fracture! That's worse than any GD "hot spot" whatever the [censored] that is! Now Childress has had THREE stress fractures? What has Deng had in many more MPG? More "hot spots"??!? Whoever falls for this lame ass excuse making is just a plain ol' sucker. Suckers.

W

I agree, its CYA to the nth power. There's no reason why they shouldn't have drafted Deng. If they weren't totally sure about him, Iguodala and Biedrins were still there. Some folks who need not be mentioned tried to justify the Childress's selection but were met with considerable force...comp1.gif

Inexcusable, plain and simple.

I didn't hear the interview so take this for what it's worth.

So Bernie didn't specifically relate the "hotspots" to Deng...what he did probably try to bring across was the old "you don't know the whole story - we knew more than you - we had our reasons" I agree with Walt (to a degree) that Bernie is a party line excuse making BS-er. After awhile you just looks at stats and wins/losses and these excuses look stupid and self-serving.

As far as JChillz - he doesn't suck...nor is he anywhere near the right fit for our team. JC has a low release shot and can't get it off without being setup. He can't do a midrange shot when guarded. We need offense so this doesn't work for us.

On the other hand...you put a guy like JC on a team like the old Jazz and he'd be a real valuable player. The offense was basically set with the PG/PF pick and roll and the Mailman was delivering. In a situation like that the hustle plays and putbacks and rebounds would round out an arleady strong offense...and he would hit the occasional wide open corner jumper. The fans would love him.

But JC is a topper-offer type player IMO...not a building block type player on a young team that needs all the offense we can get.

Guest Walter

Quote:

I agree, its CYA to the nth power. There's no reason why they shouldn't have drafted Deng. If they weren't totally sure about him, Iguodala and Biedrins were still there. Some folks who need not be mentioned tried to justify the Childress's selection but were met with considerable force...
comp1.gif

Inexcusable, plain and simple.

Some people will eat up any of the crap that ownership and BK provide like it's manna from heaven. "Mmmm Mmm good" they say. "yeah, I know we have a history of signing and drafting EVEN MORE INJUURED PLAYERS with actual injury histories instead of fairy tale "hot spots" that never develop in the pros, but ownership MUST be telling truth and we're ready to swallow it like a prepaid whore."

Sorry guys, but this ownership and management deserves absolutely NO benefit of the doubt at this point and you guys are giving the benefit of double doubt while overlooking the naked, obvious truth. Quit turning tricks for this ownership and management. Quit whoring yourselves out to them. It's frankly embarrassing to see some of you guys eat this schtick up like you haven't heard it before and like the speck of a kernal or possible truth in each half-ass CYA attempt isn't for your sorry consumption to be spread like an STD across cyberspace.

W

Quote:

Quote:

some of you guys eat this schtick up like you haven't heard it before and like the speck of a kernal or possible truth in each half-ass CYA attempt isn't for your sorry consumption to be spread like an STD across cyberspace.

W

[/indent]

Very....ummm... descriptive! LOL!

bananadead3.gif

Damn, Walt. Drew f'n Barrymore??? Cash notwithstanding, I couldn't even look myself in the mirror the next morning if I had first dibs on Alba and Charles, only to settle for her.

And with that said, I guess this little flame war is over with KB getting roasted as a result. I'll get the marshmellows out....bananadead3.gif

Quote:

Some people will eat up any of the crap that ownership and BK provide like it's manna from heaven. "Mmmm Mmm good" they say. "yeah, I know we have a history of signing and drafting EVEN MORE INJUURED PLAYERS with actual injury histories instead of fairy tale "hot spots" that never develop in the pros, but ownership MUST be telling truth and we're ready to swallow it like a prepaid whore."

Sorry guys, but
this ownership and management deserves absolutely NO benefit of the doubt
at this point and you guys are giving the benefit of double doubt while overlooking the naked, obvious truth. Quit turning tricks for this ownership and management. Quit whoring yourselves out to them. It's frankly embarrassing to see some of you guys eat this schtick up like you haven't heard it before and like the speck of a kernal or possible truth in each half-ass CYA attempt isn't for your sorry consumption to be spread like an STD across cyberspace.

W

OMG, manna from Heaven? Swallowing like a prepaid whore? One of your funniest posts yet..... ices_rofl.gif

Quote:

...IS BLOWING THE PICK!

KB, you have the choice of 3 women. One is Jessica Alba, one is Nicola Charles, the last one is Drew Barrymore. They're all beautiful women but clearly two are more beautiful than Drew Barrymore. If you somehow get stuck with Drew Barrymore while your friends are all over Alba and Nicola, despite you having first choice of the only three women in the bar, you would feel like you blew the pick.

W

I guess when you've been so used to bringing home Estelle Getty and Lamont's aunt from Sanford & Son for so long (draft picks under Babs), anything decent would look like Gabrielle Union in comparison. Why not bring home the Gabrielle Union/Jessica Alba of the draft instead of Drew Barrymore and blindly going about our business as if she's Gabrielle/Jessica?