• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who all is going to the NBA Draft party at Philips

DavidSomerset

Quote:

I'm planning on going. I've never been to one before though. Anyone know if you can sit anywhere you want? We should all try to sit in the same section, that way we can console each other when he picks B. Wright.

I've been before, and will likely go this year.

There really isn't seating, as all of the action is congregating at "The Philips Experience" on the middle level. Still, I'd like to meet some more Squawkers.

Scott

I've been before, when they drafted Doug Edwards (Lenny's first year), Adam Keefe (a near-riot almost took place that night), Dermarr Johnson (no comment), and when they traded for Shareef, drafted Jamal Tinsley only to trade him, and passed on a young Tony Parker (Jason Terry and Nique was there; met them both).

Come to think about it, I might not go considering how bad things have gone every time I've shown up. Forget it, I'm staying home...

I think I will... I haven't made up my mind yet.

As much as I like going, there is also a part of me that enjoys being able to watch everything from the comfort of home. More information available with tv and internet, no crowd, I don't have to pay to park in my own driveway, etc...

It is free. I went last year, and it was fun, but the crowd wasn't happy with SW. 790 and the Hawks reps are at the Philips experience with most of the people. They let you sit in the arena, though, if you prefer, and watch it on the big screen. I'll be going this year again.

If you are a STH, they'll send you a free parking voucher.

I've been to whatever type party the Hawks have for the draft most every year since I think a few yrs before Alan Henderson was drafted. Last year was by far the biggest but actually one of my least favorite. I liked it when it was small with mostly just sports radio people and the really die hard fans.

Btw, I signed up for a half season ticket package (2seats) for the first row/rail of section 119. I wanted the better seats but wont be able to make it to that many games. If anyone wants to somewhat split the package with me, leave a message for me on this site plz.