• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Latest information

Sothron

• Premium Member

Oh so you mean to say that the picture that you used to sport as your signature wasn't agenda driven??? Or the fact that everytime the 3rd pick was mentioned, you had to chime in about Conley Jr?

Come on Pot.

We're both black!!

In fact, everybody here with the exception of maybe Greymule and possibly AHF are.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Word is the NBA execs have been blown away apparently by Yi torching a folding chair in the initial workouts. Word was that Yi used his crossover against the chair and the chair froze. The gym went nuts. Then, just when nobody thought it could get any better he dunked on the chair and then shook his crotch at it.

So, he ramps it up a notch and works out against a guy from Harvard.
grin.gif

This guy is quite the competitor and may save the franchise.

what exactly has Conley went up against?

AIR

I heard the air got him good when he was shooting a 3pt FG. Conely isn't in the best of shape right now. Nice to see him taking this whole process seriously by not getting into shape and ready for his workouts. Last player I heard show up to our workouts not in the best of shape and one year out of college was Marvin Williams.

Quote:

what exactly has Conley went up against?

The NCAA field. And he made it to the finals. Yi is an unknown who plays in arguably the softest professional league in the world, and refuses to show how he compares with the more known US players. He wouldn't even take the athleticism tests.

Every pro league in the world has former NBA players who weren't good enough to cut it. The CBA is so far behind the Euro leagues and even the south american leagues it's not even funny. None of them lift weights until their mid 20s, there is no boxing out or fighting for position in the post, it is a soft league period. And as I've shown before, in the game at the worlds where Yi had to play inside the US bigs hardly missed a single shot en route to another 30-40 point win. The guy has played soft basketball his whole life and is nowhere near ready for the post in the NBA. He will be a SF now, a PF in the future, meaning we have no room for him.

And he is basically the only player who dodged the combine which is where all prospects are measured and tested by the same people as opposed to having your trainer hold the stop watch.

That is why I don't want Yi at all. I think his bust factor is larger than most of the top 10. This is a guy who could lose his confidence in a hurry. At the very least he will need some time to develop and BK and Woody may not have the time. Where is he gonna play? Seriously, we have enough forwards. Come on.

Either make a great trade or take Conley. This isn't that hard.

Teke, for the record he dunked ON the chair. He reportedly said something to it in Chinese as well.

Quote:

In a weaker conference at that... 1.38 Ast/TO ratio.. No thanks...

Actually his assist/to ratio was 1.62, better than Crits.

Keep in mind that he was by far the most talented player on the team and dominated the ball, scoring 24 ppg. Only one other player on his team averaged over 9 ppg.

Any player that is the primary scorer/ballhandler and takes it to the basket a lot is going to get a lot of turnovers (like Wade). However he also got to the line 9 times per game and shot 84% from the line. We could really use that.

Quote:

Any player that is the primary scorer/ballhandler and takes it to the basket a lot is going to get a lot of turnovers (like Wade). However he also got to the line 9 times per game and shot 84% from the line. We could really use that.

sounds like critt.

Quote:

Quote:

sounds like critt.

Crit averaged 14 ppg, not 24. And he had another lottery pick on his team.

cmon fella, i hate to say this but even i think you're smarter than that.

critt played in the acc. stuckey played where? so what if critt played with another 1st rounder, that only furthers the argument as to why critt did not score more. put critt in that conference and he puts up very similar numbers.]

the bottom line is critt was the main scorer as well as the primary ball handler. so just like you said this usually tranlates into turnovers.

why do you hate critt so much?

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

sounds like critt.

Crit averaged 14 ppg, not 24. And he had another lottery pick on his team.

Javaris was a freshman though. If he stayed in college another year, he would be a top 5 pick easy. Besides, he is a winner. I have seen this cat play up close since he was in 7th grade. The Hawks will make a huge mistake if they don't pick him.

Not to mention the fact that he played in the ACC with a coach who liked to pull players out while they were hot. Anybody who saw Tech play this year knows that Critt made that team go. When he played well, then Tech was a beast.

I am not convinced that Conley is better than him. Have them switch teams last year. Would Tech even have made the tourney? Did Ohio State not have the number one pick on their team? Did they not play in a weak conference all season?

I guarantee those threes that Ohio State were missing against Florida would be been abated with Critt in there.

Get Critt. He's our guy.

First of all i never even saw Stuckey play so all i can go by are the scouting reports. i don't see anyone mentioning him as being turnover prone, just that he dominated the ball. He got to the ft line twice as much as Crit which again shows just how much he had the ball.

Quote:

why do you hate critt so much?

I don't hate him. I just think that speed is key in the backcourt and Crit doesn't have it. Stuckey and Conley do.

Add that to the facts that Crit was garbage in the postseason and exhibited poor decision making all year and i think he would be a poor pick.

Quote:

Javaris was a freshman though. If he stayed in college another year, he would be a top 5 pick easy.

After his freshman season people were saying Gibson was a lock for the top 10 if he stayed another year. He stayed in school and ended up being a second round pick.

Quote:

I have seen this cat play up close since he was in 7th grade.

Then you are obviously biased.

Quote:

Oh so you mean to say that the picture that you used to sport as your signature wasn't agenda driven??? Or the fact that everytime the 3rd pick was mentioned, you had to chime in about Conley Jr?

Come on Pot.

We're both black!!

In fact, everybody here with the exception of maybe Greymule and possibly AHF are.

the point is if you want to say Conley is ducking someone then say it. you don't have to be rude to squawkers to get your point across.

and btw, while I still think Conley is a good pick he's in the "you have to show me crowd" now that he is seemingly ducking comptetition and was inexplicably supposedly out of shape for his last workout.

I'd rather have someone who will knock somebody's door down like that toothpick Noah than somebody who has no heart.

Quote:

After his freshman season people were saying Gibson was a lock for the top 10 if he stayed another year. He stayed in school and ended up being a second round pick.

There's also a million people that returned for their 2nd season and improved their draft stock. Gibson is in the minority.