• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Latest information

Sothron

Only bad thing about getting Biedrins and Ellis is that they'd both be looking for contracts next year. We'd have those 2 and Smith looking for pretty big contracts, and I know for a fact the Spirit isn't giving it to them.

Absolutely NO to Stuckey, OMFG BK is a retard if he pulls something this dumb.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a huge Horford supporter and want to take him at 3, but yeah the others don't have a legit argument against Horford defensively other than standing reach, which does NOTHING but help with blocking shots. And anyone who knows anything about basketball knows that blocking shots isn't the key to interior defense.

Quote:

I'm a huge Horford supporter and want to take him at 3, but yeah the others don't have a legit argument against Horford defensively other than standing reach, which does NOTHING but help with blocking shots. And anyone who knows anything about basketball knows that blocking shots isn't the key to interior defense.

Exactly. The best shot blockers in the game only block 3 per game.

So do people think they only make 3 plays defensively per game?

Horford is a guy who uses his strength and length to give opposing players fits defensively.

As he gets stronger, and stops biting on pump fakes, his defense will only get better.

Haha, it seems that every thread on here eventually turns to "Can Horford play/defend the 5-spot?"

I agree with you though. I think he'd be effective as our 5. I'm cool with picking Yi as well.

Being in the Pacific Northwest, I saw a couple college games with Stuckey in them (on Fox sports northwest or whatever). Dude is pretty underrated. I think he would easily be top 10 were he in a more major school/conference. He can score and distribute. He actually is a decent distributor. He could be a sleeper.

But yeah, I think the other three guards probably come before him. I see Crittenton as being the guy BK takes if he can't get Conley.

Quote:

Who Slipped?

-Yi Jianlian seems to be losing some momentum from what we are hearing. His agent’s decision to overplay his hand and take complete control of his draft destiny may be backfiring at the moment, as he’s has been forced to not only expand the group of teams they’d be “willing” to consider, but have also abandoned the policy of not allowing him to workout competitively against other players.

The Lakers (#20) and Clippers (#14) were in to watch Yi workout last week, while Golden State (#18) on Monday and recently-added Philadelphia (#12) on Tuesday jumped into the picture as well. You can follow his entire workout schedule here.

In contrast to his first workouts, Yi is now competing against a live body—Harvard’s Brian Cusworth. Jianlian’s people may have underestimated their ability to dictate exact terms to NBA teams regarding who he will work out for and in what context. Being in Los Angeles for so long and refusing to do any type of competitive workout has obviously raised some red flags in the eyes of teams about exactly what Jianlian might be hiding from them.

No NBA person we’ve spoken to has been able to recall a player refusing to attend either the physical-only portion of the pre-draft camp or make any type of visit to the facilities of the NBA team looking to draft him (for a competitive or solo workout, or even an interview). That means it’s almost certainly going to be an uphill battle to try and force a General Manager (who is probably already on the hotseat) to risk their job on a player who is widely considered to be a project with a difficult transition ahead of him.

Unknown international draft prospects in the past may have been able to benefit from not being as scrutinized as heavily as their American counterparts, but in this day and age, that advantage is quickly evaporating.
An online scouting service that over half of NBA teams subscribe to for example—Synergy Sports Technology—has posted comprehensive video footage of 32 games and 639 individual possessions Jianlian directly participated in over the past year, putting him on equal footing with every player in this year’s draft. Having had the opportunity to watch much of that footage these past few days, we personally came away somewhat underwhelmed.
We’ll be posting our detailed thoughts as well as some video footage of our own shortly.

http://www.draftexpress.com/viewarticle.php?a=2126

I thought this would happen.

The same fate may be in store for Conley if he doesn't work out against anyone.

I'd like to see Yi work out against Noah. if he did very well I would have no problems taking him 3rd.

he's going to have to show me.

• Premium Member

You see a lot of big talk from Noah. One thing I bet he won't do is talk up a matchup with Yi.

I would like to see Yi vs. Horford on the youtube once and forall. From what I have read, Horford hasn't had a good workout better yet, it was said "he is not a workout warrior". However, I get the feeling one on one with Yi, his offensive deficiency will be obvious.

Quote:

Please, for the love of God let us draft a "pure pg" and not a combo guard.
banghead.gif

Why do you call him a combo guard? I thought he was the PG for his college team. He just scored a lot because no-one else could. His assist numbers are respectable. I would probably prefer Conley/Crit, but would like to see Stuckey in a workout.

Quote:

No way he falls to 11. I would bet he doesn't fall at all.

However it is good news that he will be working against competition.

I doubt he'll fall that far, but given that he's limited the teams he said he wants to play for, it could drop him some. I't be very far fetched if it was to us.

Word is the NBA execs have been blown away apparently by Yi torching a folding chair in the initial workouts. Word was that Yi used his crossover against the chair and the chair froze. The gym went nuts. Then, just when nobody thought it could get any better he dunked on the chair and then shook his crotch at it.

So, he ramps it up a notch and works out against a guy from Harvard. grin.gif

This guy is quite the competitor and may save the franchise.

Quote:

Word is the NBA execs have been blown away apparently by Yi torching a folding chair in the initial workouts. Word was that Yi used his crossover against the chair and the chair froze. The gym went nuts. Then, just when nobody thought it could get any better he dunked on the chair and then shook his crotch at it.

So, he ramps it up a notch and works out against a guy from Harvard.
grin.gif

This guy is quite the competitor and may save the franchise.

did he dunk over the chair?

chairs.gif

• Premium Member

IS this thread just another distraction to keep people from talking about how Acie Law PUNKED MCJ (challenged workout in Atlanta) and made MCJ change his workout date?

Everybody remembers when Acie Law said that he was the best PG in the draft "Cut and Dry" (whatever that means).. and that he will prove it IN ATLANTA when he worksout with MCJ...

What happened?

Law's coming.

Critt's Coming.

MCJ... called BK to change his workout date!

punked.jpg

Quote:

dude how come you are so agenda driven?

This is where he gets his ego soothed. He wins votes and proves himself to be smarter than everyone else. At least that is what I think he tries to do.

Like playing fantasy GM but he really thinks it counts ... NP here; its a lot of fun to just set back and watch sometimes. You go get em Diesel and prove them (GM's, Scouts, Sportswriters) and us (lowly fans) all wrong!