• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Realistically, what would it take to get Howard?

Jdawgflow

• Premium Member

After reading Sothron's post about BK trying to get Howard, I got super excited that they even considered it. So you're telling me there's a chance? 1 in a million i know, but still a chance.

So, what would it take to get him? Throw out some ideas.

Quote:

The #3 would definitely have to be involved. Smith or JJ would definitely have to be involved. I would do a JJ/#3 or Smith/#3 for Howard in a heartbeat.

But even then I don't see Orlando doing it..

Howard is not Worth 3 and JJ

Quote:

Quote:

The #3 would definitely have to be involved. Smith or JJ would definitely have to be involved. I would do a JJ/#3 or Smith/#3 for Howard in a heartbeat.

But even then I don't see Orlando doing it..

Howard is not Worth 3 and JJ

i disagree. howard is going to be one of the most dominant big men in the game. it's much harder to find a true big, that can play defense, rebound and has "it" between the ears than it is to find a sg that fill it up.

i would do that trade in a hearbeat. but i think realistically it'd take jj, marvin, #3 and i still don't know if that would be enough.

Quote:

"Smith or JJ would have to be involved."

Then we are out. The most I would give would be Marvin, Childress, and the #3.

How about

The #3, Marvin, and Zaza????

I could see that being enticing. We would still need to acquire a scorer. Enter Acie Law?

#3, Marvin and Chillz and I dont even blink when pulling the trigger. Johnson/Howard/Smith? Eastern Conference Championship might eventually run through Atlanta if that happend along with the addition of some quality vet players.

Quote:

Quote:

It would take Howard saying "trade me to Atlanta!"

BING BING BING We GOT a Winner !!!

Exactly right.

If Dwight says I will be a Hawk, The Magic will be forced to trade him or lose him for nothing. Otherwise....

You keep Josh Smith here and suppose you have Crittenton here too (his hs teammate)....and you offer the max? And this is his hometown?

I agree Orlando would be in a tough position.

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

It would take Howard saying "trade me to Atlanta!"

BING BING BING We GOT a Winner !!!

Exactly right.

If Dwight says I will be a Hawk, The Magic will be forced to trade him or lose him for nothing. Otherwise....

You keep Josh Smith here and suppose you have Crittenton here too (his hs teammate)....and you offer the max? And this is his hometown?

I agree Orlando would be in a tough position.

We don't have the cap room to make a max offer (or even close), though.

• Premium Member

I guess I should weigh in on this since I brought up the idea. So here it goes.

We got the Magic to actually consider #3/Marvin. Even getting them to at least ponder it means we could potentially make it happen. I would next try and offer:

Marvin

Shelden or Zaza

Salim or Lue

and take back a bad contract.

Not sure if this would even work. But I would keep on trying until they refuse to answer the phone.

About us not having money to make a Max offer, we could resign Howard and Smoove. This would put us over the cap for sure, but we could move some contracts maybe OR start winning and let the owners start paying for a winning product.

• Moderators

The owners legally can't go above the cap while the litigation with Belkin is going on without Belkin's consent. That is the problem.

He has an incentive not to consent because that makes life harder on the ASG and gives them more of an incentive to try to buy him out.

• Moderators

Quote:

When would we have to give Howard and Smoove an extension? Would it be before next summer? If not, hopefully this whole fiasco will be over by then.

It would not be before next summer. Who knows when the fiasco will end, though. I had hoped it would be over by this summer but litigation like this can stretch out for a LONG time. frown.gif

• Premium Member

Don't you think it would be worth it to get Howard and then work out the details later? And hope for the best? Then we might at least get to see some good basketball for even a year. I would take that and the hope that everything would get worked out by the time we have to decide what to do. It is about time this team's fans had some hope.

This is the only reason why I could see orlando doing this...To sell tickets. They make a run at Chauncey at PG, Get Gerald Wallace to play the 2, Marvin plays the 3, Horford plays the 4, Darko plays the 5 with Noah coming off the bench. We would have to give them the 3 11 and Marvin to make it happen but they would have a sick roster if that was the case and with the Gators they would draft, bring in more fans therefore making more money.

• Premium Member

Honestly, I don't know why in the world they would even consider it. But as long as they are, let's make them an offer they can't refuse. Let them take their pick of anyone on the team and a future first (minus JJ and Smoove).