What if Conley is there at 11 and BK takes Law

NJHAWK

Quote:

I for one will be thrilled but I have a feeling some of you will be looking to hire a hit man.
biggun.gif

Yes I will be one pissed off fan, that's why I am not going to the draft party, because if I see Billy Knight I might punch him in the face for picking the wrong guy for this team...

He'd be a fool. Conley is the top pg in the draft.

1.Conley

2.critt

3.Law

I went with Critt over Law because of the upside. Law may be more ready but Critt has alot of upside and would fit this team better. Law is more of a two guard where Critt and Conley are both pass first pg.

Quote:

Quote:

I for one will be thrilled but I have a feeling some of you will be looking to hire a hit man.
biggun.gif

Yes I will be one pissed off fan, that's why I am not going to the draft party, because if I see Billy Knight I might punch him in the face for picking the wrong guy for this team...

bk will be at the draft, not in ATL

so bad reason to not go

Quote:

biggun.gif

Who cares?

Why is this a battle of Conley vs Law vs Crittenton?

Like I said when we thought we were getting the 11th pick only, AS LONG AS WE GET ONE OF THOSE THREE THAT'S ALL THAT MATTERS.

Either one of those guys gets rid of the PG by committee giving us a respectable backcourt and helping our team match up position by position with better teams in the league.

Instead of being concerned about taking one of those PGs over another one we should be more concerned about choosing Jeff Green or Spencer Hawes over one of them

• Premium Member

I don't believe in Conley defense.

He's 6'0 170...

Do you know what's going to happen to him in this league? Let me tell you, the teams are going to clear out and the much bigger Pgs are going to back him down every night all night. Can't you see Baron Davis licking his chops waiting to post this kid down? Can't you see Jason Kidd saying, I have the kid on the post up.

I notice that originally, Law was set to workout with Conley in Atlanta tommorow. I see that Conley changed his date after Law made a public challenge. I wonder why?

I'm not so sure Diesel. This kid looks to be very strong and with good reach at that. I mean, he's not 6'4" 210, but he's not mighty mouse at the PG position either. I think he is a superior athlete and his perimeter defense will be a godsend. I'm not really worried about what may happen to him in the low post. That's really just nitpicking for a PG.

Zbo

• Premium Member

Well, my point is that his game is based on the fact that he can drive (in the college game). At 6'0, 170, his drives will be met with fouls. Even if he's not injured by fouls, he can be injured by just being small..

For example:

• Moderators

Quote:

Can you give a justification why you believe that Conley is better than Law?

More athletic. Better passer. Better ballhandler. Better defender. Younger with more upside.

Teams at the top of the draft are working out Conley but not working out Law. Scouts and reporters all uniformely favor Conley.

Is there any reason to think that Conley isn't better other than inane comparisons like Conley = Brevin Knight?

(Knight as a senior shot worse, had fewer assists, had more turnovers and had fewer steals than Conley as a freshman. Conley is 3 inches taller. Why compare them over and over?).

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Do they server beer at these draft parties at Phillips? I have a feeling I'm going to need a few at this draft.

i'd like to know that myself. I'll be in St Louis though.

It's an income stream....you can be assured they do. tongue.gif

If BK selects Brandan Wright at 3 and at 11 passes on a miraculously still available Conley for Law then yes,

"What now? Let me tell you what now. I'mma call a coupla hard, pipe-hittin' ******s, who'll go to work on the homes here with a pair of pliers and a blow torch. You hear me talkin', BK? I ain't through with you by a damn sight. I'mma get medieval on your **s. "

Quote:

Do they server beer at these draft parties at Phillips? I have a feeling I'm going to need a few at this draft.

Yeah you can get beer and liquor, at the usual over inflated NBA arena prices.

They're fun to go to, but I don't know if I want to go if we might take a forward. I was planning on having a home party, although the chance to get new-logo merchandise is a good incentive to go this year.