• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Another trade rumor

BHayley

Also from hoopshype:

Speaking of Indiana, there is some chatter going on between them and Atlanta as well, specifically surrounding moving Jermaine O’Neal for a package including Josh Smith, the #11 pick, Speedy Claxton and salary cap filler. In that scenario the Hawks would likely take a point guard (Mike Conley Jr.) with the 3rd pick. Indiana will also be looking at point guards if they acquire another pick as they have long ago fallen out of love with Jamal Tinsley

Not a good trade at all for us, besides getting rid of Speedy

Jermaine O'neal is the last player of every rumor I've read that I would trade for. If we are trading for him I wouldn't offer any more than this...

Speedy Claxton

Zaza Pachulia

Tyronn Lue

Josh Childress

O'neal's contract is terrible for his production. I do think he lives in Atlanta, though.

• Premium Member

As I said, its more from Indiana's end than our end. Walsh and Knight are friends and have a mentor/protege relationship. Knight would never blow him off and vice versa. But as I said in other posts last week our FO is scared of O'Neal's injury history and his remaining contract.

I won't say its impossible they trade for O'Neal because the owners and Knight are very, very anxious to make this a playoff team for next season.

Quote:

Also from hoopshype:

Speaking of Indiana, there is some chatter going on between them and Atlanta as well, specifically surrounding moving Jermaine O’Neal for a package including Josh Smith, the #11 pick, Speedy Claxton and salary cap filler. In that scenario the Hawks would likely take a point guard (Mike Conley Jr.) with the 3rd pick. Indiana will also be looking at point guards if they acquire another pick as they have long ago fallen out of love with Jamal Tinsley

Not a good trade at all for us, besides getting rid of Speedy

Josh Smith will be as good as ONeal maybe even as early as next year and we would regret this forever...this would be worse than drafting BWright.

Quote:

Josh Smith will be as good as ONeal maybe even as early as next year and we would regret this forever...this would be worse than drafting BWright.

I'm actually seriously really warming up to Brandan Wright, as our 11th pick, smirk.gif , he seems to be dropping in the mocks.

• Premium Member

I won't lie... I would trade Speedy, Josh, Filler and #11 for Oneal. We'd be crazy not to.

However, I wouldn't follow that with a trade for MCJ. I would rather trade down with either Charlotte or Philadelphia... And if it's Philly, I would definitely get everything I wanted...

we'd be INSANE to trade smoove/11 for o'neal

o'neal won't be better than smoove THIS year if we are lucky; but def not in 1-2 more years...and o'neal makes a TON more than smoove and o'neal is injured more

no way

plus, people undervalue trading 11...we HAVE to trade 3 if we trade one of them; i'll make a post about why

• Premium Member

Let's look at the whole story...

We get out of Speedy's contract.

We get an allstar PF with definite Post moves, definite Post defense.

We get a legit 20/10 player to play beside JJ.

I love Smoove, especially the fact that he can blocks shots and that he really wants to win. The thing I'm not sure about is what is Smoove without his high flying? I'm glad that he's working on his game, but is that enough compared to a player that's already there??

There's also a legit problem with getting Oneal. His injury history. It's scary, but all trades are a gamble.

i don't want out of speedy's contract if he's gonna be healthy

smoove is already a 16/8...he can be a legit 20/10 with a summer working with the dream and a legit pg on the team...

smoove is younger and not as injury prone as o'neal...and he may be better than o'neal as soon as this season

and keeping smoove gives us a chance to get dwight some day, while trading him means we won't

• Premium Member

Quote:

I love Smoove, especially the fact that he can blocks shots and that he really wants to win. The thing I'm not sure about is what is Smoove without his high flying?

Huh?? Why is this ridiculous hypothetical question even worth pondering?

J-Smoove has at least seven years left of being a "high-flyer" while J-O'neal is already showing signs of going the way of Shareef. Doing this trade is Managing at its poorest.

• Premium Member

I can almost go with the not wanting out of Speedy's contract. However, we've been bitten once. Speedy makes a lot of money for a PG. He makes too much fr a BU. If we trade #3, Speedy is a part of the deal. IF we can trade #11 and get rid of Speedy, i think that's a positive fr that trade.