• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Forget Amare....Let's go all out...

Diesel

• Premium Member

JJ/Lo/#3 for Kobe.

I was listening to a portion of Mike and Mike this morning and they made a great point. The Lakers don't want Kobe complaining game after game this year. They will probably trade him for talent. One thing they did say is prolly not Ben Gordon and Ben Wallace but probably for some young stars to go with the rest of their team. JJ/#3.... could bring that level of talent.

• Admin

Don't get me wrong Kobe is a great player and is superior to JJ.

However, we are trading a scoring swingman for a scoring swingman only now we are also including our number 3 pick. Bascially our leverage to allow our team to have an inside outside threat.

I would much rather see us having JJ playing with Amare/Pau/Horford/O'Neal along with teh rest of the supporting cast instead of just Kobe and the supporting cast. The team is the same as last year only we replaced JJ with Kobe.

No to Kobe. Lets get that inside presense that can play off of JJ's outside skills.

I'd LOVE to get Kobe but I wouldn't give up a JJ/Smoove/#3 combo to get him. The supporting cast that would be left would be FAR weaker than what LAL has now. It would be fun to watch Kobe every night but he would be triple teamed and frustrated in no time.

Zaza/Solo

Shelden/

Marvin/Chillz

Kobe/Salim

Law?/Lue

That team would not be very good.

So would I...

LA is a bigtime city. They'd want JJ, Smoove, #3, Marvin. Probably our whole team.

I'd SO LOVE to have Amare on this team.

And something no one else has mentioned...

We beat PHX in Phoenix this year (even though Amare had a MONSTER game) and should've beaten them at home too.

We beat Minnesota BOTH games this year (KG had a monster game too at Philips).

Maybe those two players take that into account, lol wink.gif

Honestly, I would rather have JJ, Amare, Josh Smith, and Marvin Williams over Kobe, Smith, and Marvin. Trading for Kobe wouldn't make sense for him or the Hawks. He would simply go from one bad situation to another, and the Hawks would go into next season still needing a big man and also have a whiner in the locker room.