• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Here's a bigger question (nondraft talk)

Diesel

• Premium Member

Is Josh Smith stunting the growth or Marvin?

Think about it. Josh is our self appointed second option. Is his aggressiveness causing the mild mannered Marvin to not progress into what he should be.

HONEST DIESEL SAYS: Marvin for all practical purposes is a 4th option midrange catch and shoot. That's not 2nd pick worthy.

Please give Marvin a break. Its not like the kid is averaging 4pts a game. Marvin is averaging 13pts, 5rbs a game. He will be ok. Here is a thought. Lets see how Marvin plays next to a legitimate pure pg. That is the Hawks problem right now no one healthy enough to actually penetrate kick out or simply run an offense. Marvin is on schedule and if he stays healthy will average 17pts and 7rbs next season. Josh Smith takes too many bad shots, hopefully he gets a better shot selection or he will turn into God Forbid Antoine Walker.

Quote:

Please give Marvin a break. Its not like the kid is averaging 4pts a game. Marvin is averaging 13pts, 5rbs a game. He will be ok. Here is a thought. Lets see how Marvin plays next to a legitimate pure pg. That is the Hawks problem right now no one healthy enough to actually penetrate kick out or simply run an offense. Marvin is on schedule and if he stays healthy will average 17pts and 7rbs next season. Josh Smith takes too many bad shots, hopefully he gets a better shot selection or he will turn into God Forbid Antoine Walker.

I'm in full agreement. I feel that a PG who can setup the offense and start the breaks will allow our players to find the correct spots on the floor to initiate offense from. A good PG will alleviate JJ's need to dominate the ball and Smith and Marvin can pick their spots. From what I've seen from the Hawks the guys are not selfish it's just that they don't have any idea where each other are on the floor. Part of that is poor coaching but I really think it's because our PGs, while serviceable, SUCK!. We really are a team in need of a good PG.

On a side note, while I don't see the light on all the time with Marvin, i.e. being aggressive, I see a fabulous shooting stroke. I just think he needs some plays run from him and to get more lower body strength so he can defend players better.

Quote:

Is Josh Smith stunting the growth or Marvin?

Think about it. Josh is our self appointed second option. Is his aggressiveness causing the mild mannered Marvin to not progress into what he should be.

HONEST DIESEL SAYS: Marvin for all practical purposes is a 4th option midrange catch and shoot. That's not 2nd pick worthy.

Yea, he stunting everyone growth becuase of the lack of offense and defense awareness in which he expresses. His lack of doing his job right makes everyone else have to pick up his slack making their job much harder especially Zaza more so then even Marvin.

An even bigger question...

Is Diesel stunting the growth of nbasuperstar40?

Think about it. Diesel is our self appointed second most kneejerk reactionary troll (after Walter). Is his outlandishness causing the less coherent nbasuperstar40 to not progress into what he should be?

HONEST SASHA SAYS: nbasuperstar40 for all practical purposes is a last option news fabricator. That's not 2nd troll worthy.

wink.gif