• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Nostradamus Bilas blesses the Hawks... again

sturt

• Premium Member

He just revealed the Hawks as his biggest loser of the 07 draft.

I'm not sure it gets any sweeter than that... given Bilas' history, Horford and Law may be All-Stars sooner than any of us could have ever hoped!

thumb3d.gif

(He later copped out and said no one is truly a loser and he actually liked the draft but thought we need to lose a F or two.)

Quote:

just curious... but what would HE HAVE DONE?

i mean, we cant draft ODEN.

if we go PG first, best available player at 11... we're looking at CONLEY and a SF (Wright, Young, Thornton)

Yes but Conley would have been the best fit he was the best point guard in the draft hands down thats why he went 4th. We could have drafted Thorton and traded Marvin or Shelden for a Center. I wanted Conley more then anyone becuase he was 3 years younger then Law. He is faster then Law, better defender then law, and much better passer and distrubtor then Law. Only thing Law has on Conley right now being 3 years older is a jump shoot which we dont NEED from our PG. 3 Years from now I have no doubt that Conley is going to be a good jump shooter. I Hate the Law pick and I dont like the Horford unless he can play center. I give this draft a D in grade because in reality we dont have a true center or true PG.

Woody's rationale was that since JJ faced so many double teams, you needed a pg that could hit open jumpers which is not Conley's strength. But isn't that basically Ty Lue's strength? I mean as much as we bash Lue, I think we all can agree that if there is 5 sec left and I want someone to take the last shot other than JJ it would have to be lue. In fact if it is an open 3 point shot I'd rather it be Lue.

So why in the hell did we basically draft a taller Ty Lue?

Quote:

Woody's rationale was that since JJ faced so many double teams, you needed a pg that could hit open jumpers which is not Conley's strength. But isn't that basically Ty Lue's strength? I mean as much as we bash Lue, I think we all can agree that if there is 5 sec left and I want someone to take the last shot other than JJ it would have to be lue. In fact if it is an open 3 point shot I'd rather it be Lue.

Good question I really hate Law. BK is a real weirdo if I have to say so myself. He passed on Paul, Deron, Felton, Jack, Roy, Foye, Rondo, Marcus Williams and Conley. For a shoot 1st Point guard out of all the guys I just named above Law is by far not even close the worst of the bench and BK decides to pass on all of them for him. GO freaking figure I need to stop being so die hard about the Hawks because as long as BK is in the front office this team will continue to make the wrong moves.

Quote:

Ty Lue, just like Speedy, are unreliable when their team needs them the most. Lue is capable player, but his nagging injuries keeps him from being a dependable playmaker.

Lue and Speedy played good enough to get their 'big contract' and I really don't see either of them making any type of consistent, meaningful contribution to the Hawks.

The Hawks need for Law to stay healthy, and embrace the role as leader..

• Premium Member

I was listening the pre-draft talk yesterday and Bilas said he would have traded one or both of our draft picks and a young player like Josh Smith (yes, he actually mentioned Smoove) for a "veteran" point guard. But he never mentioned which veteran point guard.

Quote:

I was listening the pre-draft talk yesterday and Bilas said he would have traded one or both of our draft picks and a young player like Josh Smith (yes, he actually mentioned Smoove) for a "veteran" point guard. But he never mentioned which veteran point guard.

I don't agree with that or anything Bilas says, I do think Josh Smith should be traded to a bad team for there 08 unprotected draft pick since this team will suck next season and OJ Mayo, Chase Budinger, Michael Beasley, and Roy Hibbert are abivlable.

Quote:

just curious... but what would HE HAVE DONE?

i mean, we cant draft ODEN.

if we go PG first, best available player at 11... we're looking at CONLEY and a SF (Wright, Young, Thornton)

that would involve using your brain....but he's a sportswriter...that's what they do...don't think it through....even if he liked Conley over Law, you do't give the Hawks an F for pete sake, how about a C?....absolutely stupid..

Quote:

Yes but Conley would have been the best fit he was the best point guard in the draft hands down thats why he went 4th. We could have drafted Thorton and traded Marvin or Shelden for a Center.

Which big named center are you talking about? Enlighten us.