• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Talent wise are we in the top 8th in the East???

Wurider05

I thought on talent alone we were top 8 before we drafted Law and Horford. There are teams with one or two stars but with severe dropoffs afterwards. From top to bottom we have a longer list of talented players but might lack potency at the top. Teams like Washington, Cleveland, Boston (use to be), Indiana and Orlando are heavily based on the production of one key player (Arenas, Lebron, PP, JO and Howard). None of those teams have 6-7 players as talented as JJ, Smith, Marvin, Horford, Law and Childress. If Marvin continues to grow and Smith makes improvements here and there then we could make some noise. If Law and Horford's game translates at least somewhat well to the NBA then we could be REALLY dangerous. Cleveland made the NBA finals with one player, IMO. Outside of Lebron, their roster is pathetic, IMO. We don't have a Lebron obviously but we have A LOT they don't.

Quote:

I thought on talent alone we were top 8 before we drafted Law and Horford. There are teams with one or two stars but with severe dropoffs afterwards. From top to bottom we have a longer list of talented players but might lack potency at the top. Teams like Washington, Cleveland, Boston (use to be), Indiana and Orlando are heavily based on the production of one key player (Arenas, Lebron, PP, JO and Howard). None of those teams have 6-7 players as talented as JJ, Smith, Marvin, Horford, Law and Childress. If Marvin continues to grow and Smith makes improvements here and there then we could make some noise. If Law and Horford's game translates at least somewhat well to the NBA then we could be REALLY dangerous. Cleveland made the NBA finals with one player, IMO. Outside of Lebron, their roster is pathetic, IMO. We don't have a Lebron obviously but we have A LOT they don't.

This team is the worst team in the NBA still, there's no reason you wishful think everything else,

Everyone gotten better including the Hawks.

Here my take.

The Hawks still need some major things in order to be sucessful.

I think they need Camby, if the Hawks can trade Zaza and Josh Smith for Camby and a future 1st that would give this team a talented vet at Center and it would ensure that the offense flows and that would raise the level of this team to higher heights then ever this decade.

I like this squad

PG: AJ, Law, Speedy

SG: JJ, Chillz

SF: Marvin, Chillz

PF: Horford, Soloman

C: Camby, Shelden, Wright.

With chemistry, the playoffs is likely in 2009. It's just too much to give Smith and Zaza for, but we need a pick for 2008.

Indy has Dunleavy, Diogu, Granger, and O'Neal who better then anyone on the Hawks, not to mention they has average chemistry which is better then the Hawks.

Wizards, Cavs, and Orl are alot better then Hawks. Orl needs to make a good signing this off season though, still better then the Hawks.

Boston with the addition of Ray Ray and PP are much better then what the Hawks have.

Gooden, Big Z, and Boobie are not patheic, Josh Smith is. Once again your going by highlights and ESPN logic.

No wonder why your still a fan, you wishful think everything that's you don't see. You rarely watch the other teams in the league outside of the Hawks right.

Quote:

Quote:

This team is the worst team in the NBA still, there's no reason you wishful think everything else,

Here my take.

I think they need Camby, if the Hawks can trade Zaza and Josh Smith for Camby and a future 1st that would give this team a talented vet at Center and it would ensure that the offense flows and that would raise the level of this team to higher heights then ever this decade.

I like this squad

With chemistry, the playoffs is likely in 2009. It's just too much to give Smith and Zaza for, but we need a pick for 2008.

Indy has Dunleavy, Diogu, Granger, and O'Neal who better then anyone on the Hawks, not to mention they has average chemistry which is better then the Hawks.

Wizards, Cavs, and Orl are alot better then Hawks. Orl needs to make a good signing this off season though, still better then the Hawks.

Boston with the addition of Ray Ray and PP are much better then what the Hawks have.

Gooden, Big Z, and Boobie are not patheic, Josh Smith is. Once again your going by highlights and ESPN logic.

No wonder why your still a fan, you wishful think everything that's you don't see. You rarely watch the other teams in the league outside of the Hawks right.

Smoove, Zaza for Camby man are you smoking crack. That has got to be the most onsideest trade ever. Camby is like 13 years older than both of those guys and he is injury plaqued. Damn !!!

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Here my take.

I like this squad

Smoove, Zaza for Camby man are you smoking crack. That has got to be the most onsideest trade ever. Camby is like 13 years older than both of those guys and he is injury plaqued. Damn !!!

He get a first and one of the best Centers in the league, for a backup Center, and a player who cares more about stats, himself, and highlights. That's a great deal.

Quote:

You have GOT TO BE KIDDING ME. I would call you a dolt, but you probably don't know what that means. I seriously hope English isn't your first language. My eyes were bleeding trying to read what you wrote as "sentences".

You think Josh Smith is pathetic? He averaged in the 20's in points, 10+ in rebounds, and 2+ in blocks when Joe Johnson got hurt... There were nights when his statline would real 25/13/7/3. That's petty good (points, rebounds, assits,blocks)

I don't know how you can see that Josh Smith is pathetic compared to any of those duds on Cleveland (minus LeBron).

Let's check out the stats Josh Smith had in the victories against 1.Cleveland, 2. Boston, 3. Washington, 4. Indionapolis.

What did Josh do?

Cleveland: (1 Victory)

15 points, 7 rebounds, 3 assists in 33 minutes

Boston: (3 Victories)

Game 1:18 points, 5 Steals, 3 assists, 4 rebounds, 7 BLOCKS in 36 minutes.

Game 2:21 points, 11 rebounds, 2 assists, 2 steals, 3 BLOCKS in 35 minutes.

Game 3:DNP (hurt)...Would have blocked probably 15 shots, hah.

Washington: (1 Victory)

13 points, 3 blocks, 3 rebounds, 1 steal in only 27 minutes (Zaza was fed the ball that entire game)

Indiana: (1 Victory)

25 points, 4 BLOCKS, 2 steals, 5 assits, 13 rebounds

I just don't see how you'd rather insert "Boobie" in Josh Smith's place. They don't even compare..

No way in HELL does this franchise ship out their best talent for Marcus Camby. Josh Smith is traded for a big name player only (Kobe, Amare, etc)... Not for an old veteran like Camby.

Have you lost your mind? Don't answer that.

Quote:

He get a first and one of the best Centers in the league, for a backup Center, and a player who cares more about stats, himself, and highlights. That's a great deal.

Do you watch the games? Josh Smith carried this team on his back while Joe Johnson was injured. I would LOVE for someone like you to go up to a guy like Josh Smith and tell him the REASON HE PLAYS THIS GAME. It's hilarious..He's "playing for stats and highlights". I promise you he doesn't sit at home after a game and look to see if he was on the highlight reel.

You obviously aren't/weren't an athlete.

Worst talanted team in the NBA?

Sure we are! Then, please explain why those "Other"

super NBA teams that are so much better managed to

loose to the Hawks last season, even tho the Hawks

had major injuries to so many of their players when

they were playing?

Joe Johnson is completely recovered and ready to go.

Speedy has had surgury on his troublesome knee and the

reports are looking very good on him.

The other super teams in the NBA couldn't bury the

Hawks in the basement last season. Atlanta has added

two draft picks with more talent than the two players

they replaced, Royal Ivie and Esteban Batista.

Best team in the NBA? Nope, we're not there yet.

Worst team in the NBA? In your eyes, perhaps so.

If this is REALLY so, you need to go for an eye exam.

ambulance.gif

Hope you don't drive.

homersimpson.gif

Quote:

AS of June 30, 2007, where do we rank in terms of talent in the eastern conference as a whole team.

If you say pure talent from top to bottom in our potential starting 5, we are in the top 3

Every team in the East has at least 1-2 holes in their starting lineup with an average player talent wise

Not us!

If we start Law and Horford, TALENT WISE there is no lack of talent at any position.

Acie Law is a guy with Billups upside

Joe Johnson is an all-star

Marvin Williams has star potential

Josh Smith has start potential

Al Horford is a potential star

TALENT WISE we are like the Championship Pistons in that regard of talent from top to bottom in the starting 5.

Quote:

Worst team in the NBA? In your eyes, perhaps so.

If this is REALLY so, you need to go for an eye exam.

Mule, we were the 4th worst team virtually all of last year. Splitting hairs here, aren't we? Fact is, our players are capable but we have the worst coach in the league. This makes our "talent" look far worse than it is.