• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

ATL-MIN-GSW 3-WAY to get our Center

saloonyk8

Why not get in on the KG movement to land us a center...

Atlanta trades:

Al Horford

Childress

Atlanta receives:

Biedrins

Min trades:

Kevin Garnett

Min receives:

Horford

Harrington

Wright

Childress

GSW trades:

Biedrins

Harrington

Wright

GSW receives:

Kevin Garnett

Harrington thrown in for salary purposes.

Golden State gets to keep Ellis and basically trade Biedrins/Wright for KG.

Minnesota gets Horford, Wright, and Childress for KG.

Atlanta gets Biedrins for Horford and Childress. Plus, we're not adding more payroll so no veto issues.

New lineup:

Law

JJ

Marvin

Smith

Biedrins

GSW core: Davis, Ellis, Jackson, KG, O'Bryant

Minnesota core: Foye, Brewer, Horford, Childress, Wright

So let me get this straight. We trade the #3 pick ( horford ) and the #6 pick ( chill ) . . just to get Biendrins, the #11 pick in the 2004 draft?

Biendrins = all defense and rebounding, no offense.

Horford = defense and offense and rebounding

Chill = decent defense and decent offense and a decent rebounding SF

Trade two lottery picks, just to bring in a defensive center here? Some of you have completely lost your minds.

Right now, I refuse to give up that much for Biedrins. Biedrins will be up for an extension next year and will command a HEFTY contract. Are we going to shell out $10+M to both Biedrins and Smith???? Biedrins is obviously a good prospect but I'm just not sure how much more his game will expand. I also haven't seen Andris play that much and have fallen into his hype more than developed my own opinion.

I also think that part of the reason I rejected it at first was because I'm REALLY curious to see Horford. It is also appealing that he'll have 4 years of making rookie money.

Shelden/Childress for Biedrins? Marvin for Biedrins? I'd consider both of those.

I don't think Golden St. gives up all of that for KG anyways.

Law/JJ/Smith/Horford/Biedrins would be an interesting lineup.

3-way?

Marvin to Milwaukee

Yi to Golden State

Biedrins to Atlanta

That guy is NOT that good. Good lord. He might be the WORST shooting center in the entire league. He did improve his FT shooting by leaps and bounds. He went from a 31% FT shooter . . to a 52% FT shooter.

If he doesn't score off of put backs, lay-ups, or dunks, he isn't scoring. It's not like we can throw this guy the ball in the post, and look for him to score. LOL . . he can't do it.

He's a defensive presence in the paint, but it's not like he shuts people down.

Alonzo Mourning ( without Shaq ) had 19 points, 8 rebounds, and 5 blocks against G. State back in January. Biendrins was a non factor with 4 points and 6 rebounds. And he did nothing to stop a center with decent low post moves in Mourning.

Just because a guy plays great against ZaZa and Lorenzen, doesn't mean that he's a great player. Biendrins couldn't keep Okur from doing what he wanted to do in the playoffs, that's for sure.

It should be mandatory for everybody on Hawksquawk to order NBA League Pass next season at watch at least 5 games of EVERY team in the league. If you do that, you wouldn't have unrealistic and inflated opinions of players.

Shelden/Chill for Biendrins? Come on. Shelden by himself, may be better than Biendrins, if they got the same amount of minutes.

Quote:

So let me get this straight. We trade the #3 pick ( horford ) and the #6 pick ( chill ) . . just to get Biendrins, the #11 pick in the 2004 draft?

Horford = defense and offense and rebounding

Chill = decent defense and decent offense and a decent rebounding SF

Trade two lottery picks, just to bring in a defensive center here? Some of you have completely lost your minds.

I understand not wanting Biedrins...a 21 year old defense/rebound center...but if he were in this year's draft, he'd be a top 6 pick.

It's idiotic, however, to think that Childress has #6 pick value. Would Milwaukee trade Yi for Childress? I think not. Would Chicago or Philly trade Deng/AI for Childress? Nope. Could Milwaukee or Atlanta get CP or Marvin/Bogut? Nope.

Just because a player is drafted at that position a few years ago, doesn't mean they still have that value. It's stupid to think otherwise.

BTW...Are we going to give Childress the 6M/year for 4-5 years (I think that's Luke Walton money right now)... with this ownership...not sure about that.

Quote:

First of all Biedrins won't be traded.

Secondly where the players were picked has absolutely no relevance to anything. Kwame was picked number 1. So what. Does Shelden still have the value of a number 5 pick?

If Biedrins was available i would do this deal in a heartbeat. I don't see Horford as being anything more than Josh Smith's backup who can play some backup at C. That is all. Childress plays a backup guard role even though he is completely unsuited to play that role. He is better at the 3.

Plus childress probably won't be here more than one more season anyway.

Biedrins shot 60% on the season and he is only 21. He has no midrange shot at all but finishes better around the basket than anyone on our roster by a mile. he would score much more if they weren't a team full of chuckers.

But GS doesn't want to let him go.

Biedrins The Hold-Up In KG Trade?

July 1, 2007 - 1:17 pm

Los Angeles Times -

With Minnesota seeking prospects, the Warriors are now offering Brandan Wright, Monta Ellis and Patrick O'Bryant in exchange for Kevin Garnett.

Minnesota is asking for Andris Biedrins. Golden State is offering Al Harrington instead and may also insist that Garnett waive his $6.5-million trade kicker, so it's not done yet. [READ]

I like Andris Biedrins, but there is no way in hell that I trade both Al Horford and Josh Childress for him.

JOSH CHILDRESS ISN'T A THROW IN PLAYER, NO MATTER WHAT THE TRADE IS!!!

I wish people would get this through their heads. Every damn trade I've seen proposed with Josh Childress involved has him going to another team for a clearly lesser player than he is. Whether it is the Josh Childress for Jose Calderon or Josh Childress for Luke Ridnour trades, they are horrible trades.

Again, I like Andris Biedrins, but you do not trade Al Horford and Josh Childress for Andris Biedrins alone. You trade that combo for Biedrins AND Monta Ellis, but not Biedrins alone.

Quote:

I like Andris Biedrins, but there is no way in hell that I trade both Al Horford and Josh Childress for him.

JOSH CHILDRESS ISN'T A THROW IN PLAYER, NO MATTER WHAT THE TRADE IS!!!

I wish people would get this through their heads. Every damn trade I've seen proposed with Josh Childress involved has him going to another team for a clearly lesser player than he is. Whether it is the Josh Childress for Jose Calderon or Josh Childress for Luke Ridnour trades, they are horrible trades.

Again, I like Andris Biedrins, but you do not trade Al Horford and Josh Childress for Andris Biedrins alone. You trade that combo for Biedrins AND Monta Ellis, but not Biedrins alone.

I like Childress, he's a good, solid player. He's not quite Shane Battier, but I think he's close. However, if there's a trade to get us a true starting center, Childress, in my estimation, should not be the player holding us back. Most Hawks fans would also trade Childress before Marvin.

I don't think GS would go for Biedrins/Ellis. I don't think they'll trade Biedrins at all because they're in love with him...but they just might if they're getting KG...we'll see.

• Premium Member

I got as far as Atlanta trades Al Horford.... no purpose in going beyond that, kids.... c'mon... GMs may lie but they don't lie that blatantly within days of making their assertion.