• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Post your ideal starting lineup for next season

AHF

• Moderators

My ideal lineup for the Hawks next season - list by mpg at each position not level of play:

Law/Speedy/AJ/Lue

JJ/Chill/Salim

Marvin/Chill/Josh Smith

Josh Smith/Shelden Williams/Al Horford

Al Horford/Zaza Pachulia/Shelden Williams

Deep bench/inactive/trade bate: AJ-Lue (one or the other is trade bate as a desirable bench player and expiring salary), Lorenzen Wright (rooted to bench), Solomon Jones (gets significant minutes only with an injury).

Things are looking better in the ATL!

Quote:

My ideal lineup for the Hawks next season - list by mpg at each position not level of play:

Law/Speedy/AJ/Lue

JJ/Chill/Salim

Marvin/Chill/Josh Smith

Josh Smith/Shelden Williams/Al Horford

Al Horford/Zaza Pachulia/Shelden Williams

Deep bench/inactive/trade bate: AJ-Lue (one or the other is trade bate as a desirable bench player and expiring salary), Lorenzen Wright (rooted to bench), Solomon Jones (gets significant minutes only with an injury).

Things are looking better in the ATL!

I don't know if that is ideal but it is probably the best the Hawks have. I would probably flip Marvin and Chill but it doesn't matter that much.

We are going 10 deep. Zaza and Lue are on the outside here. I am assuming AJ and Wright will be traded or just spend time playing cards. They won't be needed.

PG-Acie Law/Speedy Claxton

SG-Joe Johnson/Salim Stoudamire

SF-Marvin Williams/Josh Childress

PF-Josh Smith/Solomon Jones

C-Al Horford/Shelden Williams

That would be my starting line-up as well. I think Horford will end up being the starting center coming out of camp, but it will take Law until January to be the starter, assuming Speedy is healthy. Law, however, will get around 30 minutes a night even when he doesn't start as he'll back up JJ initially. In other words we could have a 3 guard rotation through the PG and SG spots. C

Chilz will rotate in at the 3 for significant minutes.

I realize that the summer league isn't always the best showcase for big men...but I'll have to at least reserve my opinion until after that before ranking Horford over either Zaza or Shelden at center.

For now - if Speedy is healthy I would have to go with same as last year. I would like to see Acie get some solid minutes early in the season though.

If we're talking "IDEAL", well I would say:

PG - Chris Paul

SG - (oops....dreaming)

Quote:

We are going 10 deep. Zaza and Lue are on the outside here. I am assuming AJ and Wright will be traded or just spend time playing cards. They won't be needed.

PG-Acie Law/Speedy Claxton

SG-Joe Johnson/Salim Stoudamire

SF-Marvin Williams/Josh Childress

PF-Josh Smith/Solomon Jones

C-Al Horford/Shelden Williams

Pretty good but I would play AJ as a SG backup to JJ rather than Salim.

To start the season they will look like this:

C -Pachulia/S.Williams

PF-Smith/Horford

SF-M.Williams

SG-Johnson/Childress

PG-Claxton/Law

After the All-Star break, they will look like this:

(Which is my prefered line-up)

C -Horford/S.Williams

PF-Smith/Pachulia

SF-M.Williams

SG-Johnson/Childress

PG-Law/Claxton

A nine man rotation with Jones/Stoudamire/Lue or AJ as replacements for injuries.

Quote:

that's mine as well, tho if speedy is healthy after surgery, he'll get more time than law as he's awesome when healthy

i think horford is our starting c from early on

First of all, at no point in Speedy's career has he been awesome, unless you want to go back to his Hofstra days.

Secondly, AJ was by far the more valuable point guard last season. He can knock down the three when he's open, makes smart passes, and plays decent defense on the perimeter. I see him as being a better complement to Law than Speedy.

AJ's type of game translate well to age. Speedy's does not. Speedy relied on his athleticism when he had it, and he no longer has it. Now he's small, can't shoot, and (if nothing's changed since last season) has average speed for the position.

Quote:

Quote:

zaza is NOT gonna ride the pine

he's a top 20 center and he's only 22 and IMPROVING

he gets mins over solo

He's also one of the worst defensive centers in the league.

He should not start over Horford

i didn't say that

in fact, i said horford should START as well

what i disagree with is zaza not getting minutes at all...he should be in the rotation

Quote:

Zaza...seems to be regressing...

interesting

do u just pull [censored] out of ur ass?

last year he played 3 less mpg, but:

ppg: up .5

rpg: down 1

fg%: up .023

ft%: up .051

apg: down .2

spg: same

bpg: same

to: down .06

so he scored at a higher % and scored more, while keeping same steals/blocks in less mins; he also got less rebounds, but that's mostly due to his higher fg%, as he got less rebounds off his own misses

last year,

+2.5 roland rating

+3.7 on/off for the hawks

+2.4 against his opponent

in 05/06,

-.4 roland rating

+0.5 on/off for the hawks

-0.9 against his opponent

so he went WAY up in the important stats...not a sign of regressing

additionally, 2 years ago our defense was 1.3p/100 BETTER when he was off the court

but last year, we were 4.7p/100 WORSE when he was off the court

so his defensive impact is VASTLY improved

there are NO stats to show he is regressing except 1 less rebound in 3 less mins, but that's easily explained by both shelden's arrival and his higher fg% = less free offensive rebounds off his missed shots

so he is not regressing, but only improving

he's 22 and a top 20 center and yet people continually think he is expendable and not part of our future

we may trade him if he has good value, but he's not someone u just toss around; he's an improving top 20 center at age 22 who is one of the best bargains in the league not on a rookie contract

Quote:

Why do people think that Speedy will be that good when healthy?

In last year's home game against the Jazz he had Deron totally spooked to bring the ball up the court. Speedy was really fast and quick before his knees gave out. It was a sight to see how he created havoc against Utah for three quarters. Of course then Salim got the "clear path" violation and they got a 7 point possession and came back from a 21 point lead in the 4th quarter...but that wasn't Speedy's fault.

Granted I'm just remembering 1 game but he was a force early until he gave out. Problem was, he gave out early and often. The "quit at halftime" game was the worst. detective.gif

It would be amazing if Law and Horford were both starting by the end of the season.

But being realistic, I don't think it will happen because Woody seems to simply not play rookies.

We can only hope that these two guys get solid minutes.

They better play more than freaking Solomon Jones played last year