• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Here is the Hawks Summer League Roster

Rexhawk

One last thing, the Hawks’ summer league roster is soon to hit the web. Most of the usual suspects are on there (Horford, Law IV and second year guys Shelden Williams and Solomon Jones). Knowing how well versed you all are with digging up information on your own, I won’t bother with thumbnail bios on the rest of the summer leaguers. But I will pass long their names for you to chew on over lunch (some you’ll recognize and others you won’t, but keep in mind that only some of these cats will be heading to Salt Lake City next week for game action): Todd Abernathy, James Beasley, Craig Bradshaw, Earl Calloway, Antawn Dobie, Edwin Draughan, Teddy Gipson, Devin Green, Jarrius Jackson, Robby Lawrence, Brent Petway, Derek Raivio, Brion Rush, Ronell Taylor, Terrance Thomas, Mario West and Dashaun Wood.

Mario West! He was a walkon who made the team at GaTech. I'd love to see him make the squad with a 10-day or something, but he's mostly a PG, so I doubt it smile.gif

Earl Calloway is also a quick guard that played for my Indiana Hoosiers. I've seen him play a lot his entire career at IU and he is tough. He likes to push the ball and distributes well. Can also shoot it. He could never seem to put consistent games together.

I'm interested to watch Jarrius Jackson play -- though we have kind of a logjam in the backcourt, he put up 20 ppg in the Big 12; kid can definitely score. The other name that stands out to me is Dashaun Wood, who was the point guard of a good Wright State team last year. Again, with the glut of pseudo scoring guards we have it will be tough for him to make the team, but I'll be keeping an eye on him because he's a quick guy, a good distributor, and an effective scorer.

Craig Bradshaw is on the New Zealand National team. I think he is about 6'10" and can shoot fron the outside. I cant really tell you much more than that, though Australia will be playing New Zealand soon, so I might be able to see him play a bit.

Cheers

Rick

Quote:

Earl Calloway is also a quick guard that played for my Indiana Hoosiers. I've seen him play a lot his entire career at IU and he is tough. He likes to push the ball and distributes well. Can also shoot it. He could never seem to put consistent games together.

Of course he is tough, he won a state at WestLake. In three years his teams lost in the Semi (to Mays), Won State, lost in the finals (Creekside).

Earl is high character from a strong family.

Was in the backcourt with Pacman. (Pacman would have started at WVU, had he wanted)

Earl Calloway has a chance.

• Moderators

Quote:

Ronell Taylor put up good numbers in the D League.

Statistics

PPG 29.0

RPG 9.00

APG 4.0

EFF + 28.00

That was in one playoff game which is why the averages are all even numbers. His full season stats were:

14.1 ppg

5.9 rpg

3.6 apg

A few intersting things to note...

IMO, we are thinnest at back-up SG & SF. I think we need to solve this before we go into the regular season. Looking at the list of names, I'd think Mario West, Edwin Draughan, Devin Green or Brent Petway could potentially be that guy.

8 out of the 17 players are point guards. I guess word is out that we need a point. Crazy part is, we have so many point guards on the roster now that I think it would be very unlikely for any of these guys to make it. I'd think Raivio (because he can shoot) or West (for defense and versatillity) will probably have the best chance.

Five of the kids are from Georgia. (Beasley, Callaway, Lawrence, Petway, West)

Edwin Draughan from Yale played ball with Childress in high school. I wonder if he was a highly sought after (under the radar type) UDFA or if ownership is bringing him in at the reccomendation of Chill.

Robbie Lawrence played ball at LaGrange College which is about 10 minutes from my house. I honestly have never heard of him, but I will do some digging to find out if anyone around town thinks he has a chance. I don't know any current players at the college, but I do know a few former ones that still keep ties with the school.

Some of these guys are on the summer league roster, and some are rookie invites. According to the official website, the summer league roster consists of:

Craig Bradshaw, C, 6'10", 240, Winthrop*

Devin Green, G/F, 6'7", 210, Hampton

Al Horford, F/C, 6'10", 245, Florida*

Jarrius Jackson, G, 6'2", 185, Texas Tech.*

Solomon Jones, F, 6'10", 230, South Florida

Acie Law IV, G, 6'3", 195, Texas A&M*

Derek Raivio, G, 6'3", 175, Gonzaga*

Ronell Taylor, G, 6'4", 200, UAB

Terrance Thomas, F, 6'6", 230, Baylor

Shelden Williams, F, 6'9", 250, Duke

All of the other players on the list are listed as rookie invites.