• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Poll: Is JT more valuable as a SG or PG???

Blunt91

SInce Jason Terry has been playing better at the pointguard position I wanted to know everyone's opinion on which position is best for him and/or which is best for the team. It is a hard decision although I think as long as he is on this team he plays point but we need to bring in another shootingguard who can score. We don't really have a big three it is more like the big 2 1/2 since Terry doesn't look to score as much as he should.

Jt should be moved to 6th man.He is really inconsisant

in all phases of his game.His shooting is terribly streaky

and has been rather horrible this year.Looking for his teammates.He'll go through times were he does it

correctly and then times where he doesn't.....He needs

to be a 6th man...

JT would be more valuable as a SG. We still cannot ignore the matchup problem.

JT is most valuable as a PG to this team, as is. If we were to acquire a big PG (Lebron?...can only dream), then JT would make a deadly scorer.

I think JT is a better SG than a PG on the whole. His inconsistency comes from his immaturity at the point. When he plays SG, he scores consistently.

Big Dog should be 6th man.

That's where his value will be in the future, and that's his best position. The reason he's better at the point guard is because he is a better player with the ball in his hands. You move him to shooting guard, and you take the ball out of his hands.

His inconsistency comes from him trying to hard to be something he isn't. He's either trying to be a vicious scorer or trying to be a pass first point guard. He is neither. When he plays off his natural instincts, he's penetrating, drawing, and kicking the ball out. He has the natural instincts of a playmaker, but he just doesn't seem to go with those instincts. It's like he tries too hard to prove that he's a pure point guard at times, and other times, he's trying to hard to score.

Hotlanta may have a point though about Jason needing to be a 6th man. In a 6th man role, he could be a better playmaking version of Bobby Jackson, but the key here would be that you have to get a point guard that is clearly better than JT to start.

I think Terry should become Vinnie "The Microwave" Johnson. I tend to agree that Terry is a playmaker and he should come in early in the game as a 6th man whose job is to score. I too think that his scoring ability can open things up for other players if the defense has to stop his penetration. I would love to think he is a "true" point guard but he isn't he's just a good player that needs to focus on scoring.