• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Watch Vegas SL games online: See Yi suck Live!

gsuteke

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Quote:

It is hilarious that yall are actually looking for defense in Summer league games.
When you get 7 fouls in one half that's a problem exhibition game or not
i saw this and thought "what is PF?" that can't be fouls, this guy has 7.i saw the end of the 3rd and the 4th. Yi can't defend. period. he's a 7 foot perimeter player right now. he does have a nice spin move. if I'm drafting someone off this China team I'd take that 6'9" guard they have that has all the assists. he is Laker property?i'm not going to hate on Yi as he's a project just like everybody else outside of Oden. he's definately not worth a 3 pick though. Milwaukee was stupid to select him at #6.anybody notice the Chinese team was down 18, Yi goes out and now they're down 8? he's a boxscore wonder in this game. he's done little meaningful in terms of getting team China a win.

Guest Walter

Quote:

Yi's footwork is QUICK! if he works on his defense, he could be a great player in the NBA.
Yi is also the type of player, one with a culture and country on his shoulders, who will work harder than anybody to be great. This guy is going to punk us just like every other draft pick BK passed on. W

He's really what I thought he was from just watching clips and highlight reelsAmazing potential offensively but INCREDIBLY RAW in the post ESPECIALLY defensively.The guy is even biting on pump fakes and fouling ppl in his own highlight reelsWhen I watched the playoffs, I backed off the Yi bandwagon a little bit because in the end you have to have balance in the post.Yi does not have that right now. He's got enough athleticism to be a great defender one day but he is AT LEAST 2 years away from even being an average defender, much less a good one.THAT is why I put Horford at the top of my list.I will be VERY surprised if Horford doesn't look good defensively right off the bat

Quote:

Quote:

Yi's footwork is QUICK! if he works on his defense, he could be a great player in the NBA.
Yi is also the type of player, one with a culture and country on his shoulders, who will work harder than anybody to be great. This guy is going to punk us just like every other draft pick BK passed on. W
We'll just ignore those seven turnovers, seven fouls, weak rebounding numbers, and terrible defense. He's playing a bunch of minimally talented big men... if he was that good, he should score on offense.He's got a long ways to go before he's a complete player. It could happen, then again, it might not.

Quote:

Yi's got potential to punk ALL FIVE teams that passed on him.That's how much of a freak he is from an athleticism stand point.But he's got A LONG LONG way to go defensivelyThat's not something he's going to get in just a year. It may be 3-4 years before he's a solid defenderWe can't wait that longAl Horford is ready to contribute defensively from DAY ONEHe isn't going to be setting illegal screens and getting cheap fouls because his basketball IQ is 100 times that of Yi right now

Quote:

Quote:

Yi's got potential to punk ALL FIVE teams that passed on him.That's how much of a freak he is from an athleticism stand point.But he's got A LONG LONG way to go defensivelyThat's not something he's going to get in just a year. It may be 3-4 years before he's a solid defenderWe can't wait that longAl Horford is ready to contribute defensively from DAY ONEHe isn't going to be setting illegal screens and getting cheap fouls because his basketball IQ is 100 times that of Yi right now
Saer Sene Part Deux

Quote:

Saer Sene Part Deux
Ok he's not THAT raw. Sene didn't pick up a basketball until age 14. By then Yi was already on the cover of Time MagazineHis offense is already better than Sene's will ever beDiesel is right in a sense when he says Yi has no physical limitations that can stop him from being a great defenderHe has the lateral quickness, he has the long arms, and athleticism.But my goodness his IQ on that end is piss poor right nowI think I have a higher defensive awareness than Yi

Quote:

Quote:

haha is that what you gathered from this game? I don't care if Yi had 23 points, he looked pathetic on defense and couldn't keep position on Rudy Gay.The Hawks would have made a huge mistake in taking this guy over Horford.On a different note, has anyone else heard the commentators talking to each other in between breaks? They have no idea that their mics are still on. Hilarious.

1st game was wack.2nd game was better.3rd game was quite good. Conley was quite good (I still wish that we'd picked him, but I'll give Horford the chance to convince me that he's a good pick too), Gay dominated Yi, Kinsey was shooting very good, Lowry played well, Yi good offense & absymal defense, I wonder if Wang will get another NBA chance.The 4th game with Sergio, Aldridge, Oden, Rondo, etc. should be even better.I really watched too much sports today, 3 U20 WM soccer games and 3 (soon it'll be 4) summer league games, I can't get anything else done and tomorrow looks to be the same + Copa America.^^

Quote:

haha is that what you gathered from this game? I don't care if Yi had 23 points, he looked pathetic on defense and couldn't keep position on Rudy Gay.The Hawks would have made a huge mistake in taking this guy over Horford.On a different note, has anyone else heard the commentators talking to each other in between breaks? They have no idea that their mics are still on. Hilarious.
Yeah it's like this online thing is a behind the scenes look to stuffCutting off Rudy Gay on the interview was also hilarious

Quote:

Quote:

Saer Sene Part Deux
Ok he's not THAT raw. Sene didn't pick up a basketball until age 14. By then Yi was already on the cover of Time MagazineHis offense is already better than Sene's will ever beDiesel is right in a sense when he says Yi has no physical limitations that can stop him from being a great defenderHe has the lateral quickness, he has the long arms, and athleticism.But my goodness his IQ on that end is piss poor right nowI think I have a higher defensive awareness than Yi
i'm being sensationalistic in a reactionary fashion.I never said I had a huge problem with Yi over the past month, I just had a huge problem with him playing for the Hawks.Put Yi next to Oden two years from now when he becomes a serviceable player (sorry guys but he just isn't cutting the mustard considering his competition right now) and he's ok. put him next to Zaza in 2 years and you're perpetually in the lottery.you do play to win the games, right?

Quote:

1st game was wack.

2nd game was better.

3rd game was quite good. Conley was quite good (I still wish that we'd picked him, but I'll give Horford the chance to convince me that he's a good pick too), Gay dominated Yi, Kinsey was shooting very good, Lowry played well, Yi good offense & absymal defense, I wonder if Wang will get another NBA chance.

The 4th game with Sergio, Aldridge, Oden, Rondo, etc. should be even better.

I really watched too much sports today, 3 U20 WM soccer games and 3 (soon it'll be 4) summer league games, I can't get anything else done and tomorrow looks to be the same + Copa America.^^

my wife is going to kill me Posted Image

Quote:

You missed the joke completely. GSU was saying Saer Sene part 2 because last year Walter kept saying crap about how great Sene would be last year. Walter is apparently saying the same things about Yi right now. I think thats hillarious that we are apparently going through the same things this year as last. History repeats itself again.

I get it now. Posted Image

And he ended up being a joke compared to Shelden

Now all the talk about Yi over Horford and history can repeat itself again

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Saer Sene Part Deux
You missed the joke completely. GSU was saying Saer Sene part 2 because last year Walter kept saying crap about how great Sene would be last year. Walter is apparently saying the same things about Yi right now. I think thats hillarious that we are apparently going through the same things this year as last. History repeats itself again.
i need an interpreter