• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Watch Vegas SL games online: See Yi suck Live!

gsuteke

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Guard play or not, Oden is not an on the ball defender right now not at allNow you guys can throw it back in my face if Horford doesn't perform in a SL, but Im confident he will perform very wellHe's so much better than Shelden it's not even funny
you're a little over the top anti-Shelden. just an observation big guy.it's not about who is right and who is wrong as long as your goal is for the Hawks to win games. some folks around here just want to stroke their own "i wanna be an NBA GM egos."

Quote:

if you watch any of the live feeds this weekend (screw nba.com thanks bigdirty) post what you see here. I don't think box scores tell the entire story, see Yi's game tonight.
Yeah, that's a good idea. I probably won't watch every game like I did tonight, so it would be nice to see some accounts of which players play well and which don't and why.

From what I saw of Yi tonight, the other posts here are pretty spot on.He has some good moves on offense, but he's a perimeter player. His lone post move is a fadeaway jumper, i.e. He plays to avoid contact.He can't put the ball on the floor.His defense is bad, bad, bad. He has no idea how to play man-to-man or any kind of positional defense. Could he be made better with coaching? Sure, but he will always be a defensive liability in the NBA. He's not going to have an impact as a shot blocker or rebounder in this league either.China's national team getting beaten soundly by Memphis' summer league scrubs shows how far behind that country is in this game. The talent levels on the floor weren't even close.

Quote:

you're a little over the top anti-Shelden. just an observation big guy.it's not about who is right and who is wrong as long as your goal is for the Hawks to win games. some folks around here just want to stroke their own "i wanna be an NBA GM egos."
I supported Shelden Williams last year. But it is absolutely foolish for anyone to suggest that he is a better NBA prospect than Horford.I remember thinking all year how much nicer it could be if we could upgrade Shelden with Horford.Im not going to be rooting against Shelden.I hope he shows the rookie what's up and puts up big numbers in the summer leagueI want to see a healthy competition because that's what will make this team better

When a guys defense is as bad as Yi's you can't win. Its not something you can mask. The NBA is all about matchups and when a guy like Yi is that poor it kills your entire team. Adam Morrison comes to mind last year. He was hideous.I was at the game when he guarded JJ and the Hawks went to JJ on every possesion in a 6 minute span in the 2nd quarter when JJ put 24 points on Morrison...within the 2nd quarter. Morrison was helpless and when they ran another defender at JJ he gave it up and killed them that way.Yi is a one dimensional SF. We have enough of those thank you. Those thinking that he is a superstar just don't understand the game, right Walter?

i usually take up for morrison on his defensive liability, but I think it was lack of effort most of the time last year. He obviously isnt going to block many shots, but he didnt even step in front of guys at time I guess in fear of getting dunked on. I think Yi could be the same way. Its just an effort thing most of the time. Yis and Morrison defense will be excused with good offense, but if Morrison cant perform the way he can and did in college he may be out of charlotte.