• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Watch Vegas SL games online: See Yi suck Live!

gsuteke

Quote:

When a guys defense is as bad as Yi's you can't win. Its not something you can mask. The NBA is all about matchups and when a guy like Yi is that poor it kills your entire team. Adam Morrison comes to mind last year. He was hideous.I was at the game when he guarded JJ and the Hawks went to JJ on every possesion in a 6 minute span in the 2nd quarter when JJ put 24 points on Morrison...within the 2nd quarter. Morrison was helpless and when they ran another defender at JJ he gave it up and killed them that way.Yi is a one dimensional SF. We have enough of those thank you. Those thinking that he is a superstar just don't understand the game, right Walter?
I got criticized for switching favorites in the draft but the reason I did it is because of watching the playoffsThe possibility of having a 7'1 Amare Stoudemire or offense is very intriguing but at the end of the day, it's the best back to the basket post player that takes home the title.That's actually something I called in the 2nd round of the playoffs. But I just was captivated by the excitement of Yi.Duncan brought me back to my senses and reminded me why I made that prediction.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Quote:

http://www.nba.com/summerleague2007/scoreboard.jsp

enjoy

Posted Image

"see yi suck live. "hahaha, some fans are pathetic!

let's see how Horford could react, if he could score even close to 23 points, i will take back my mead words toward him.

Let's see if Rudy Gay embarrasses Horford in a summer league game and if Horford plays matador defense the entire game.

Guest GHook4

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

http://www.nba.com/summerleague2007/scoreboard.jsp

enjoy

Posted Image

"see yi suck live. "hahaha, some fans are pathetic!

let's see how Horford could react, if he could score even close to 23 points, i will take back my mead words toward him.

Let's see if Rudy Gay embarrasses Horford in a summer league game and if Horford plays matador defense the entire game.

Jian--> Posted Image <--Leftwich

I watched this on NBA TV. It was a mixed bag for Yi. He was getting called for everything, especially a ton of moving screens and some really ticky-tack stuff. Gay and Johnson seemed like they were looking to posterize Yi, and they both did with a couple huge dunks. Yi will need to work hard on defensive position and effort, as well as add some more weight. I want to see Yi attacking the backboard for rebounds, many times he doesn't even try. But on offense, Yi was fluid, quick, and it's obvious he can compete against NBA atheletes. That Memphis squad was extremely athletic and quick, at least compared to that sorry Chinese team. Yi had an amazing sequence where he blocked a layup attempt, ran the floor, got the ball underneath with a step, up and under, monster dunk. He showed the use of both hands, with some drives, jumpshots, step backs, and hooks. He didn't shoot the ball great, but he did score in a variety of ways.I still think Yi will be very very good, but he needs time to adjust, obviously.

Guest Walter

Quote:

How in the world do you have any idea about Yi's work ethic? Oh, that's right, you don't. You have absolutely no facts to support any kind of critique of Yi's desire to work hard.

Kelstone, you need to settle down there tiny or else I'll lower myself down to your pathetically low level as the heading of this post suggests. Grow up or don't respond. I don't care which.

Would anyone from China like to speak down to Kelstone about the work ethic there and the extent to which the country's shame or honor are measured by how a player like Yi does? He won't fail because unlike an American doing so, he fails a whole country.

In Western culture the focus is on the individual. In China, it isn't. Yi represents a group of 1.3 billion people in a way we as Americans cannot fully understand ourselves doing for America.

Regardless, considering Yi has made it through China's rigorous athlete development schooling, been a professional in China for many years and as reported does 5 hour drill practices, it would be foolish to question his work ethic. Posted Image

W

Guest Walter

I work on oncology about every other week. Hardest and most rewarding place to work. You'll find yourself doing anything for these people. Doesn't hurt that I shave my head. I get welcomed into the rooms by those who have no hair due to Chemo quite a bit because of it.

Quote:

Thanks for bringing up my mother, who died of throat cancer last year. Classy.
The creaming part you brought up, actually your WHOLE POST, actually EACH AND EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOUR POSTS towards me are "classy" too. Remember that. Should you ever be nice or remotely respectful towards me Kelstone, perhaps you can judge me. Otherwise, you're just getting a mirror of how you act and post. I stopped some time ago giving back any more or less to you than you give. In fact, I never respond to a post of yours unless it's directed about or toward me. Check the records if you doubt it. I just don't respond to your posts unless they involve me personally (and therefore, with you as the author, are derogatory). I actually believe that is respectful. I don't "start" anything with you and I don't "censor" you. I still respect all posters enough to read what they have to say and consider it. I don't always respond to everyone. Your posts I don't respond to for the reason i cited. W

Tell me, what's classless about calling out flaws in your thinking on a freaking basketball player??What's classless about pointing out your skewed cherry-picking of facts to support your anti-Marvin, SW and Horford campaigns??This is a basketball forum, and if you're going to provide flawed opinion as fact you'll get called out for it.But saying something about someone's mother because you disagree with their analysis?? Are you in 3rd grade??

Guest Walter

Quote:

Tell me, what's classless about calling out flaws in your thinking on a freaking basketball player??

You look foolish.

Maybe it was the "ass" comment, the "creamed in pants" or the COUNTLESS other times you've made juvenile comments directed SOLELY at me. I haven't responded to one of your posts (that doesn't include me) IN AGES. I still read yours and respect all posters enough to not block them out and read their thoughts on basketball. I give no more or less than what you serve up because it is ALWAYS you who wants to start something with some personal attack. Look back at the posts. YOU ALWAYS start it. ALWAYS. 100% of the time. ALWAYS.

Well today I'm ending it. You even chose to use your dead mother (which I could have no knowledge of) as some additional weapon against me. You didn't have to bring her up again if it was so upsetting that I brought her up in a joke, but you did so in a desperate attempt to embarass me. Even your own mother's death you would use against me! Kelstone, this is far out, strange behavior.

For the life of me I cannot trace back a moment when I truly offended you. At this point, after countless personal attacks by you, I could not care less except to say, get help. You need a valium, an attitude adjustment, a good lay, a puppy, or all of the above. However, I won't bother with you anymore. Waste.

W

Guest GHook4

Quote:

Quote:

Tell me, what's classless about calling out flaws in your thinking on a freaking basketball player??

You look foolish.

Maybe it was the "ass" comment, the "creamed in pants" or the COUNTLESS other times you've made juvenile comments directed SOLELY at me. I haven't responded to one of your posts (that doesn't include me) IN AGES. I still read yours and respect all posters enough to not block them out and read their thoughts on basketball. I give no more or less than what you serve up because it is ALWAYS you who wants to start something with some personal attack. Look back at the posts. YOU ALWAYS start it. ALWAYS. 100% of the time. ALWAYS.

Well today I'm ending it. You even chose to use your dead mother (which I could have no knowledge of) as some additional weapon against me. You didn't have to bring her up again if it was so upsetting that I brought her up in a joke, but you did so in a desperate attempt to embarass me. Even your own mother's death you would use against me! Kelstone, this is far out, strange behavior.

For the life of me I cannot trace back a moment when I truly offended you. At this point, after countless personal attacks by you, I could not care less except to say, get help. You need a valium, an attitude adjustment, a good lay, a puppy, or all of the above. However, I won't bother with you anymore. Waste.

W

You're actually looking pretty foolish here Walter. You're freaking out, the man was trying to talk basketball before you brought up his mother. He said "creamed in pants," big deal. That's typical forum trash talk. You don't have to make it personal by bringing up his mother.

This is a basketball forum, try to have fun. We don't need your psychological analysis.

Oh yeah, and Yi will be a bust. Posted Image

Guest Walter

Quote:

You're actually looking pretty foolish here Walter. You're freaking out, the man was trying to talk basketball before you brought up his mother. He said "creamed in pants," big deal. That's typical forum trash talk. You don't have to make it personal by bringing up his mother.

You've got to be kidding. "Bringing up his mother". You've got to be kidding. It's been going on a LONG time. I have not responded to Kelston's posts in over a year unless he addresses it to or comments about me (and they are all wildly derogatory). When I do I give him no more and no less than he gives me. It's lazy of me, but it isn't any less classy than his instigating plethora of hate spam towards me.

I'll spare you the further history because THIS MATTER DOES NOT CONCERN YOU.

Quote:

This is a basketball forum, try to have fun. We don't need your psychological analysis.

But we do need you wagging your finger? Come on man. I think the "analysis" was on point.

Quote:

Top 3 summerleague scorer already. Pretty good for a guy skipping 3 grades from CBA, to America, past college collect $200, to play in the NBA. Don't get fat munching and waiting on a bust that will never come.

W

Sactown will play China in a half hour or so.that guard on the Chinese team was pretty good last night.if somebody can fix a link into windows media player that'd be great. the nba site's feed isn't as good as the one we had going last night.

Guest GHook4

Quote:

Quote:

You've got to be kidding. "Bringing up his mother". You've got to be kidding. It's been going on a LONG time. I have not responded to Kelston's posts in over a year unless he addresses it to or comments about me (and they are all wildly derogatory). When I do I give him no more and no less than he gives me. It's lazy of me, but it isn't any less classy than his instigating plethora of hate spam towards me.

I'll spare you the further history because THIS MATTER DOES NOT CONCERN YOU.

Quote:

But we do need you wagging your finger? Come on man. I think the "analysis" was on point.

Quote:

Top 3 summerleague scorer already. Pretty good for a guy skipping 3 grades from CBA, to America, past college collect $200, to play in the NBA. Don't get fat munching and waiting on a bust that will never come.

W

I don't know what happened before with you two and I really don't care. But when you start freaking out because YOU insulted a guy's mother, I just couldn't resist calling you out on it.

Actually he's not even top 5 anymore. And look who's number 3, ol' Wang Zhizhi. If you're going to place so much importance on summer league stats, which don't matter at all, explain to me how Wang Zhizhi put up more points than Yi. If Wang scores more points than Yi, and according to you Yi will be an all-star, what does that make Wang?

Make sure you reserve a spot on the first team all-NBA for Wang Zhizhi in your fantasy world where Yi and Saer Sene are all stars.

Posted Image